Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
'at a great price.'

Money grows on trees. Let the Gov't foot the bill. What happens when a public utility gets into the internet game?

Head ends are massively expensive to upkeep and maintain. The buildout is all done on grant moneys, footed by, you guessed it. Us.

Years from now, on a Gpon network - when ATT, Spectrum, Comcast, and Wow caught up with their own PON, and sell same thing with a for-profit head end. Municpalities will either be gobbled up, or, **** the bed.

Fwiw, fiber nodes are often split between ISP's in areas anyway. That hard to get to neighborhood is prob just borrowing ATT'a brand new $40 million dollar switch anyway.

That's a drop in the bucket...

FYI, BVU was a case study, literally on rural buildout.

BVU OptiNet officially acquired by Sunset Digital

Also, most of these muni's dont or cant afford their own Customer Service Dept's, or tech support. So, its outsourced to a YOU guessed it. For profit entity, local yocal not affiliated with the Utility.
We’ll see how it works out for Comcast. Their official answer when asked about KUB bringing internet and TV to the market is “We welcome the competition”. I think $65 for symmetrical gig is a great price. I have no issues seeing competition in the market and consumers making their choice.

I’ve got a headache, and can’t think it through, but theoretically, could a person have 12 credit cards, using one each month to pay off the previous month, acquiring points/miles/ etc at an artificial rate and just keep leveraging the debt for profit?

I’m on little sleep, no caffeine and sitting in an airport, so basically, someone just show me why this doesnt make sense
1659292709807.gif

We’ll see how it works out for Comcast. Their official answer when asked about KUB bringing internet and TV to the market is “We welcome the competition”. I think $65 for symmetrical gig is a great price. I have no issues seeing competition in the market and consumers making their choice.
We paid for whole damn thing.

Competition is fair. I use BR, over Comcast because of their horrid CMS & product. I'm more knowledgeable than their techs on many things.

Anyway, Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) – Map, Auction and Analysis - BroadbandNow

this is a map of first wave of Rural Digital Opportunity buildout in 2023. We will be doubling our capacity for fiber in 4 Southern States as an ISP. All others will do same.

Think 4 cylinder versus 8.

Reactions: Rishvol
Nebraska is a school that the sport has definitely passed by. I don't ever see them coming close to what they once were.

Many think Tennessee is in that same boat, but I don't. We still land elite players. We just need stability so we can stack several elite recruiting classes together. We have everything in place to be right in the thick of it again.

Those NE teams were so bad ass in their glory though. At least they were not trash like Miami

BTW, I don't think we can have this discussion since technically it's politics....

I would base my VP choice on three criteria...

1. Number of ignored notifications. (If you don't ignore your notifications I don't think we would work well together)
2. Like to Post ratio. (I mean if it isn't at least 2:1 then you are probably going to drag me down in the polls.)
3. Who is on you ignore list. (Without a robust ignore list then all the troll activity will mess with our Tennessee First agenda. I can't have that.)

Nebraska is a school that the sport has definitely passed by. I don't ever see them coming close to what they once were.

Many think Tennessee is in that same boat, but I don't. We still land elite players. We just need stability so we can stack several elite recruiting classes together. We have everything in place to be right in the thick of it again.

We’re closer to so much more talent geographically. A lot of it may be across state lines but it’s within a single days drive for a huge population. Attending games is important to nearly every recruits family so location alone sets us completely apart from Nebraska.

I would base my VP choice on three criteria...

1. Number of ignored notifications. (If you don't ignore your notifications I don't think we would work well together)
2. Like to Post ratio. (I mean if it isn't at least 2:1 then you are probably going to drag me down in the polls.)
3. Who is on you ignore list. (Without a robust ignore list then all the troll activity will mess with our Tennessee First agenda. I can't have that.)
I would fail one and three. I check my notifications and have no one on ignore. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll someday regain control of Tibet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back