Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirkland was injured and missed a majority of off-season work. When fully healthy (a rare occurrence) Kirkland started. Eventually that was alongside Jumper.

Which games did they start together? JRM was the WILL and neither of those guys could play SAM, which was Maggitt..

I don’t care if Bates was the punter. He wasn’t a factor. If there are 5 guys playing a position, and one guy starts, you say he beat out the #2 guy, not the #5 guy. What does Dillon Bates have right do with anything. He wasn’t even on the travel roster for most road games.
You're missing EVERYTHING. Bates was the guy recruited to man the spot that Jumper started at almost immediately. Kirkland was never bumped in favor of Jumper.

Dorkwitz apparently didn’t like getting steamrolled at home last year and it’s still on his mind. Dude is a clown.

Vacated wins don’t erase losses for the other team though. Also, how pathetic is it to be like “My record may improve based on things that have nothing to do with what happened on the field.”

Well damn. We fell 3 spots in 247's team rankings. We're down to 10 with Bama, Miami, and Oklahoma passing us. Knew Bama would because of their success. Knew Miami would because of Ruiz's cash. But I was hoping we would hold off OU.

I really want/need Tennessee outcompeting OU in every aspect. I’m tired of hearing about it. I was confident of their eventual downward trajectory under Riley, but I’m a little more nervous under Venables. I was hoping they would have their own post-Kiffen debacles, but Bob Stoops stepped in and calmed things down fast, and now it’s just all good damn news for them again.

Reactions: Wokepack
Which games did they start together? JRM was the WILL and neither of those guys could play SAM, which was Maggitt..
Dude! You're getting hung up on traditional 4-3 terminology. JRM manned the same spot when Butch took over. They basically had two ILB and a Star. Shoop tried to revert us back to more 4-3 concept and we were witness to the results.

I really want/need Tennessee outcompeting OU in every aspect. I’m tired of hearing about it. I was confident of their eventual downward trajectory under Riley, but I’m a little more nervous under Venables. I was hoping they would have their own post-Kiffen debacles, but Bob Stoops stepped in and calmed things down fast, and now it’s just all good damn news for them again.
Yeah if Venables gets that defense better (which I think he will) and just let Lebby do his thing with the Offense, they are going to be a strong team.

According to the latest data from BetMGM, Hooker has received the seventh-most amount of bets to win the Heisman Trophy this season.

3.8 percent of the tickets put down have Hooker winning the Heisman. He’s also received 1.3 percent of the total handle.

Looks like a lot of people putting fliers out there. Hope it pays off

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
You're missing EVERYTHING. Bates was the guy recruited to man the spot that Jumper started at almost immediately. Kirkland was never bumped in favor of Jumper.

Bates sucked. He never factored in. I don’t care what he was “recruited for” (as if guys are recruited not to man a spot? He was recruited to compete like everyone else). Kirkland did factor in.

Bizarre conversation.

Anyway, the depth chart from 2015 is included in here. Yes, DK eventually passed him.

2015 Tennessee Volunteers football team - Wikipedia

Dude! You're getting hung up on traditional 4-3 terminology. JRM manned the same spot when Butch took over. They basically had two ILB and a Star. Shoop tried to revert us back to more 4-3 concept and we were witness to the results.

In the 4-2-5, the MLB stayed on the field and the SAM left. So it doesn’t matter what set they were in for the purposes of this conversation.

That position was played by Kirkland or Jumper. If it was a road game, Dillon Bates was at home playing Madden.

Bates sucked. He never factored in. I don’t care what he was “recruited for” (as if guys are recruited not to man a spot? He was recruited to compete like everyone else). Kirkland did factor in.

Bizarre conversation.

Anyway, the depth chart from 2015 is included in here. Yes, DK eventually passed him.

2015 Tennessee Volunteers football team - Wikipedia
POINT is Kirkland was not held back by Jumper. When he was healthy he played. Jumper started because BATES wasn’t good enough. BIZARRE that you can’t grasp this concept.

I can tell football season is right around the corner, I’m seeing red every time some nimrod opposing coach says something. About in preseason form, boys and girls. 😡

Take that energy, bottle it up, and let it out at Neyland. Remember, always, that every third rate bastard kicked us while we were down, even ones that weren't rivals.

In the 4-2-5, the MLB stayed on the field and the SAM left. So it doesn’t matter what set they were in for the purposes of this conversation.

That position was played by Kirkland or Jumper. If it was a road game, Dillon Bates was at home playing Madden.
In the 4-2-5 you have two linebackers covering the middle of the field. Last year that was Banks and Beasley. For this conversation and everyone pertaining to the 4-2-5, the Star is what you haven’t referenced whatsoever. Jumper beat out Dillon Bates for that 2nd linebacker spot…not Kirkland. Not an OR thing. Kirkland and Jumper stayed on the field at the same time. IDGAF what Bates did on the sidelines…that’s your pet project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back