Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some experience with geofencing campaigns and I could see that being the best way to reach fans who show up to games at Neyland. Good thinking.

Company I used to work for did that at major stadiums for NFL, NBA, etc.. You would get a notification the moment you got in range of the stadium with announcements, ads/offerings, and whatever else they wanted to push. It also collected a **** load of data from everyone that entered the stadium and opened the notifications. I worked on a different product so I don’t know the full details but it was interesting.

You know during games when they turn the lights down in between quarters and everyone can scan a QR code on the jumbotron or download an app? Sometimes it automatically turns on your flashlight for some fun interaction or whatever, or you can do real-time trivia or polling.

I wish there were a way for the program/stadium to get involved with Vol Club at some point. Turn the lights down at a certain point every home game, and Volunteer Club members could have something to help them stand out in attendance. We need something highly visible so other fans can see that it's real, other fans are members, and it is helping the program.

Last edited:
We almost need a running total of Vol Club members, with a goal and stretch goal in mind. Hey if we hit this number of members, we'll do a big party near campus with such and such musician that's a Vols fan, those former players, these current players, and we can celebrate the reemergence of the program.

Down by the Vol Navy or do it at a certain point in the Vol Walk (maybe to start it or around Circle Park).

When the common Vol fans get wind of something big happening that we're all involved with, they put their energy into it in a major way.

BronzeActualHousefly-size_restricted.gif

I'm for more virtual events. We as a fan base need to figure out how to spread the word.

I'll go to a Nashville event if it happens.

I'd suggest booths in Neyland and TBA next year. Get emails and offer the ability to become a paying member on the spot. Get some volunteers (and maybe a football, basketball, or baseball player for exposure and salesmanship) and have multiple booths, at least 1 by each entry and couple more near popular concessions.

Having 100k+ see "us" would be huge and even if you only get .5% to sign up at 1 big football game, then our member base will have nearly doubled over night. Do it at multiple big games across sports and who knows how much it could grow. @WillAtSpyre

I'd suggest booths in Neyland and TBA next year. Get emails and offer the ability to become a paying member on the spot. Get some volunteers (and maybe a football, basketball, or baseball player for exposure and salesmanship) and have multiple booths, at least 1 by each entry and couple more near popular concessions.

Having 100k+ see "us" would be huge and even if you only get .5% to sign up at 1 big football game, then our member base will have nearly doubled over night. Do it at multiple big games across sports and who knows how much it could grow. @WillAtSpyre
100% agree. I want our fans to see the Vol Club at Neyland. The sooner the AD can embrace the Vol Club and we can talk about it openly at Neyland, the bigger this thing will get. It feels like we are one good event or marketing/ad piece away from exploding.

Success begets success. Once the average fan sees that they can be a positive influence, I think it will spread like wildfire.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back