Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be joining this week, probably won’t be much, but it’ll be something. We appreciate you coming on here (keep that up, that helps with the transparency) and it’s what you’ve heard on here. Advertise, be transparent in what you guys need. I hope and know VOL fans that can, will help. As in any Business, advertisement is key.
It's drunk. You're late.

Will, did you record the session? I got busy and missed it.
spongebob-annoyed-spongebob-walking-away.gif

Thank you @Orange. My outlook is as positive as ever. I was in a wheelchair for 4 years. My doctors said I'd likely never walk again, but God had other plans. The only reason I even shared these things about myself here today is because someone might have needed to hear it. These are uncertain times we're living in, but it's temporary. My high school coach used to tell us that "Tough times don't last, but tough people do."
thank you 🙏 I needed to hear it 🤙🏻💯
I’ve got one more attempt between me and the Mayo myself. God Bless!!!

thank you 🙏 I needed to hear it 🤙🏻💯
I’ve got one more attempt between me and the Mayo myself. God Bless!!!
It's a sign!
66 days……

#66 - Bill Mayo

Mayo came to UT in 1981 as one of the highest recruits in the country, and quickly became a starter. In 1982, he was named to the sophomore All-American team, and helped lead the Vols to their first win over Alabama in 12 years and a Peach Bowl berth. As a junior, Mayo became one of the best lineman in the country. Mayo was the lead blocker for Johnnie Jones, who became the first player in school history to rush for over 1,000 yards. The Vols finished with 2,319 yards rushing for the season as a team and finished 9-3. Mayo was named 1st Team All-SEC after the season. As a senior, he again opened up holes for Jones, as he rushed for over 1,000 yards for the second straight season. After leading UT to a fourth straight Bowl game, Mayo was named 1st Team All-SEC again and was also name a consensus 1st Team All-American. Mayo finished his career with more starts than anyone in school history, starting 46 of the 47 games he played in his career. The record has since been broken, but Mayo remains Tennessee's Mr. Consistency. After UT, Mayo was drafted by the Memphis Showboats of the USFL.

View attachment 467872

As I close in on 40,000 ignored notifications, there are so many people to thank. I have ignored all of you but some of you I take a special delight in ignoring. You are to numerous to name you all but all of you ignored notification haters know who you are. Here's to you....

View attachment 467819

View attachment 467821
So you didn't get my post with the winning Powerball numbers?

In 2018 UF's roster talent ranked #12 with 35 blue chips; We were #15 also with 35 blue chips.
In 2019 UF ranked #15 with 39 blue chips; We were #16 with 36 blue chips.
In 2020 UF ranked #7 with 48 blue chips (They won the SEC East); We were #15 with 36 blue chips.
In 2021 UF ranked #7 with 56 blue chips; We were #19 with 29 blue chips.

Obviously they lost some blue chips from last year so they're down to 41 and we dropped a couple more as well. As I said before we probably know our roster better than their new staff knows theirs (obviously a problem we likely had to some extent last year).

That;s said, McElwain's first season with Florida he went 10-4 and won the East.
In Mullen's first season in 2018, he went 10-3.

I don't know if Napier will be able to follow that same pattern or if their blue chips are worth all that much. We're going to find out. jmo.

So in following their development and our development, based on what they're saying down there, this is how I figure we stack up with them on the field this year. They have some talent but not a lot of experience in some position groups. Richardson is getting a lot of hype but this is his first year starting so I don't think he's proven. His potential is off the charts but we'll have to see how it turns out. They have a number of other guys that could surprise but I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt in advance. It's entirely possible my bias against them and for us shapes my perception but I was trying to be reasonable in my assessments. jmo.

I've highlighted which team I think likely has the advantage based on what I think I've learned so far. jmo.

View attachment 467742
Whose rankings were you using?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
So we’re working on doing more things like tonight, we want to be more transparent with all our members.

Would anyone that is a Volunteer Club member or on the fence be interested in an event like an in-person happy hour to get together and talk NIL?

Yessir.
I will buy the first round if it’s in the DFW area. 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back