Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recap...

6/19/22 - Will Stallings 3 star LB (.8567 composite rating) from Las Vegas top 100 LB and a top 1000 National player 6'0" 222lbs
6/25/22 - John Slaughter 3 star S (.8697 composite rating) from Mississippi top 75 S and a top 750 National player 6'1.5" 194lbs
6/26/22 - Jeremiah Telander 3 star LB (.8595 composite rating) from Georgia top 75 LB and a top 1000 National player 6'2" 217lbs

I like those pickups, especially at this time of the year. All of them have great size. Stallings plays for a great HS program in Bishop Gorman and has a few P5 offers (Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Pittsburgh)

Telander isn't going to stay a 3 star very long, his offer list is as impressive as some higher rated kids. Louisville, UNC, Auburn, Florida, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Missouri, Purdue, Virginia, West Virginia, Wake Forest and plenty of other very good G5 schools as well.

Slaughter is probably the weakest offer list of the 3, but he's a position of need and has been linked to UT for awhile. Does have offers from FSU, Kentucky, Mississippi State and Ole Miss though. I like his size and if he has a good senior season could improve his rating a lot.

Why? Why should we beat the brakes off of Florida?
tenor.gif

When I was a kid, I watched my great granny push mow over a nest and they started attacking her legs. She calmly bent over and started pinching them off her legs, squishing and killing them in the process. After like nine of those she pulled the mower over and said she needed a glass of tea.

I was in awe and have since ran over nests push mowing. I run as fast as I can away from the nest smacking every inch of my body. To my great granny...
View attachment 467623
I definitely was not that calm. I not only ran, I screamed while I ran smacking at them.

Why? Why should we beat the brakes off of Florida?

Similar talent but we have very established culture, starting QB and overall team schemes and have homefield. Game is early in the season and Florida will likely still be figuring it out like we were when we went to Gainesville last year.

We absolutely have to show up and play well to win but I think should be favored by 5.5 or so from what we know right now.

Folks that lived through the depression didn't let a little thing like an angry nest of stinging insects bother them. 😆
Yeah she always just refereed to that as "hard times". She fell hoeing taters when she was 90 and broke her arm. Doctor came back after xrays and said. "Well, it's broke."

She said, "Nah, you think."

He smiled and said, "I think you're my favorite patient i've had this week." 🙂

Miss that woman dearly.

Similar talent but we have very established culture, starting QB and overall team schemes and have homefield. Game is early in the season and Florida will likely still be figuring it out like we were when we went to Gainesville last year.

We absolutely have to show up and play well to win but I think should be favored by 5.5 or so from what we know right now.
The only thing that worries me is AR15 having a special type of game.

That sounds like a lot of work with questionable results.
It's not really. I was used to watching whole games for kids on VHS back in the day. Stop, rewind, play, fast forward, repeat... that was a lot of work. Now I can see what I need to see rather quickly. A lot of full games out there on YouTube without all the time between plays as well. I have to do something between the end of one season and the start of another. I started getting sick from a rare genetic disorder in 2007, and became permanently disabled in 2014. Football has helped maintain my sanity.

We simply pucker up whenever we play them. 2016 was an anomaly. I’ll believe it when I see it.

It's not really. I was used to watching whole games for kids on VHS back in the day. Stop, rewind, play, fast forward, repeat... that was a lot of work. Now I can see what I need to see rather quickly. A lot of full games out there on YouTube without all the time between plays as well. I have to do something between the end of one season and the start of another. I started getting sick from a rare genetic disorder in 2007, and became permanently disabled in 2014. Football has helped maintain my sanity.
Sorry to hear that, brother. Always enjoy your insightful posts!

I really appreciate your postings on recruits. You give a very honest breakdown of the film of said recruits. Thanks!

VFL...GBO

Sorry to hear that and your insights are very useful for some of us that didn't play the game. Fortunately you do have your sanity and I can’t say that for all the opinions I read on Volnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back