Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not taking up for UF but this guy seems to have some Brice Brown issues. Two teams in two years usually means he is the problem and not the team.
Yep, don’t you only get 1 free transfer in the portal? A second transfer don’t you have to sit unless you transfer down a level?

Losing out on two guys who went to their dream school isn’t earth shattering but SPYRE is a business so they can legally give offers to anyone without UT or NCAA oversight…continuing to lend credence to this rumor could possibly prevent ppl from joining Spyre because then they will think it is a lost cause…have other programs caught up with our NIL? Yes and that’s why we need to get more UT fans to join our NIL (Spyre), whether you are ignorant to the situation or not stop spreading this rumor unless you don’t care about the success of our program.
Basilio has his sheep really riled up this week.

Havoc Rate –

The Havoc Rate is an “advanced metric” that is said to reflect on the quality of a defense. The formula for calculating Havoc Rate is (TFL + PBU+ Int + FF)/(# of plays). To be considered advanced it seems pretty simple to me. Kirby said in an interview before last season that their goal at Georgia was to have a 20% Havoc Rate for their defense.

This is how SEC defenses fared in 2021 with regards to the Havoc Rate.

View attachment 466587

This is a game by game breakout of our season last year showing the Havoc we reeked on our opponents and the Havoc they reeked on us.

View attachment 466588

We didn't fare too well against Georgia but check out our game with Alabama. Missouri's defense against us last year, lol.

If Tim Banks can fix our 3rd down defense everything else could come together really quick. For the record, his last year as the DC at Illinois he had the 12th best 3rd down defense in the country. The best we've done in recent years with 3rd down defense was 2015; we were 2nd best in the nation while playing with mostly freshmen and sophomores. Anyway, that #12 3rd down defense for Banks was an improvement on the prior year's ranking of #87 so he apparently has experience getting the job done. jmo.
Never heard of this one. Looks like a good stat

Asking me why don’t a coach football is deflection. I was pointing out how bad the previous 3 coaches were and how I pointed it out even before the honeymoon period was over. Then people like you take shots. I just don’t pump the sunshine like you and others.

Catering to college aged athletes isn’t my thing.
I am a proud sunshine pumper and I own it. You almost broke your arm patting yourself on the back. Just thought you might deserve a little compensation for it.

"Torn to pieces" and yet we were 3 ATROCIOUS ref mistakes from 10 wins in Year ONE.

Improved in every single category.

We've seen time and time again the right coach can work miracles and win quickly.

If you really think the Vols were 3 plays away from a 10 win season then well I can’t help you. It’s all relative. But you do you.

I am a proud sunshine pumper and I own it. You almost broke your arm patting yourself on the back. Just thought you might deserve a little compensation for it.

No not at all. I don’t deserve nor want any “pats on the back”. All I have ever wanted was for TN to hire a great coach and to pay the money to hire a great coach instead of hiring a schmuck for middling money who they have to pay huge buyouts upon failure.

Pay up on the front end instead of paying failure money on the back end. It’s absolutely asinine.

Reactions: BigOrangeVols
2-beans-one-cup-58dae956b61eb__880.jpg
I am going to have to quit commenting on these.....

Wait, dang it!!!!

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Good evening gents! We went from being the hottest school in cruiting, to ice cold on several fronts. I wonder if our AD is spooked and trying too hard to cover our tracks with this investigation wrapping up. Being too careful is going to make us fall behind these other schools running it up. The rise and fall has been pretty devastating. Yes we could be doing worse, but we could be doing a whole lot better. Just noteworthy the seismic shift that has occurred 👀
You do realize people are going to jump all over your screen name, right?

No not at all. I don’t deserve nor want any “pats on the back”. All I have ever wanted was for TN to hire a great coach and to pay the money to hire a great coach instead of hiring a schmuck for middling money who they have to pay huge buyouts upon failure.

Pay up on the front end instead of paying failure money on the back end. It’s absolutely asinine.
Both ends of the spectrum tonight. Two idiots, one with 9 posts and the other with several thousand both have gone into the Black Hole of Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back