Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 466711
I think this pretty much sums up where you are coming from.

So I guess you think the past 15 years of Tennessee football have been excellent?

Is this better: TN is the greatest football program in the country! We have the best players top to bottom and by far the greatest coaching staff in the country. We have the best recruiting class ever assembled.

Ok. Are we on the same page now?

Was fishing with my kids, threw a seagull some bait.

Looks at his buddy and asked why he didnt eat it.

Said 'ah, this one's a shrimp.'

Also, from this trip.

Things arent always as they a Pier.

No egrets.

Freight Crane.

Last edited:
Athletic director Danny White and his leadership team “conducted a detailed review of the stadium project and identified new strategic priorities aimed at delivering an unparalleled experience for the UT community through impactful and resourceful modifications,” according to Tennessee’s release. The revisions to the original project include a $108 million budget increase, bringing the total Phase I figure to $288 million, which Tennessee says will be “fully funded.” The estimated total project budget in 2017 was $340 million.

Mystery solved! We need state of the art wifi so people can get on the their phones to distract them from the beat down we are taking on the field. Donors giving millions to Spyre? Don’t think so. Not while Danny’s projects need additional funding so people will feel more comfortable while taking a dump at halftime.

If the question is giving to the school or giving to a private org tangentially related, I'm giving to the school period.

So I guess you think the past 15 years of Tennessee football have been excellent?

Is this better: TN is the greatest football program in the country! We have the best players top to bottom and by far the greatest coaching staff in the country. We have the best recruiting class ever assembled.

wheres-the-fun-in-that-no-fun.gif

Come on...
What are your current thoughts on the state of the program? What are your thoughts on Heupel? 2022 season prediction?

Last edited:
Last year Greg Olsen, Kansas City’s Travis Kelce, and San Francisco’s George Kittle put together an event for tight ends to help share knowledge at the tight end position.

At the inaugural event, they drew 50 tight ends to a high school where Kittle’s father, George, works as an assistant football coach for former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer. The invite list grew so much for the second annual camp that they moved to Vanderbilt University, with some 85 tight ends in attendance for the three days of work this week.

might be a wild weekend to go out in Nashville...

OK let me ask you this...... what needs to happen for you not to think that TN football is dead?

That's a solid track record as the Canary in the coal mine of VolNation.

What are your current thoughts on the state of the program? What are your thoughts on Heupel? 2022 season prediction?

I like Heupel - I’m interested to see if he can win big but it’s a bit early to make a call on whether he can rebuild a program that was torn to pieces and whether he can put us on top. It’s a tough rebuild - a huge rebuild.

As far as this season is concerned, he should win 8 games minimum in the regular season given the schedule. Anything less would be disappointing.

Regarding the canary in the coal mine - they were actually quite effective - you may want to google it. JCI - High-tech coal mine canary

Canaries in the Coal Mine - Coal - Alberta's Energy Heritage

Reactions: BigSteve09
I like Heupel - I’m interested to see if he can win big but it’s a bit early to make a call on whether he can rebuild a program that was torn to pieces and whether he can put us on top. It’s a tough rebuild - a huge rebuild.

As far as this season is concerned, he should win 8 games minimum in the regular season given the schedule. Anything less would be disappointing.

Regarding the canary in the coal mine - they were actually quite effective - you may want to google it. JCI - High-tech coal mine canary

Canaries in the Coal Mine - Coal - Alberta's Energy Heritage

giphy.gif

You need to get to chapter 2 in the Negavol handbook. You still have a lot to learn.

Sure regularly. But not about the previous three football coaches.

Guess you believe Shy stepped on a helmet. But I’m no coach worshipper.
I only worship one entity and that is not any of our previous or current coaches. I just wonder that if you are right so often, why you still are posting here and not working for some football program and earning the big bucks.

OK let me ask you this...... what needs to happen for you not to think that TN football is dead?

Football program is breathing on its own currently but far from out of the woods (still in the hospital) especially if the Plumber or other UT Administrators are standing in the way of NIL.

And I do believe that certain UT administrators have stepped in the way of NIL for the moment. You can call me names or call me stupid but TN was white hot and almost overnight well the shine gone dark.

Even TOS is talking “around” the subject.

Make no mistake - I want TN to become a juggernaut but that is a tall order. Good or even great coaching isn’t going to get us there - we got to have top level talent.

So “what needs to happen” is Top 5 recruiting classes. That’ll pump life into the program.

Reactions: Jack Burton
More summer reading. To come with debating I'm sure.

Note: In his 2007 article we were a King with an asterisk to indicate fringe-King, in 2012 we were a Baron, in 2017 we were a Baron.

Some of the highest voted comments:

Typically, lots of fans from other fanbases pecking away at our reputation and resume. We better start curb stomping people again. We should have skull drug Purdue. Ready to bury Pitt and start reminding people.
In the game of thrones you win or die. Mostly self explanatory in this situation, but I do think pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into one of the grandest cathedrals isn’t something all the barons have, or could do.

I only worship one entity and that is not any of our previous or current coaches. I just wonder that if you are right so often, why you still are posting here and not working for some football program and earning the big bucks.

I must have a real doozy on ignore because it looks like you are talking to yourself.

Catering to young people who think they are entitled is not something I care to do. But way to deflect.

Catering to young people who think they are entitled is not something I care to do. But way to deflect.
What did I deflect? You say you were right about our last three coaches and you have said the jury is still out on Heupel. There are almost no jobs where you do not have to cater to somebody, even if you work for yourself.

What did I deflect? You say you were right about our last three coaches and you have said the jury is still out on Heupel. There are almost no jobs where you do not have to cater to somebody, even if you work for yourself.

Asking me why don’t a coach football is deflection. I was pointing out how bad the previous 3 coaches were and how I pointed it out even before the honeymoon period was over. Then people like you take shots. I just don’t pump the sunshine like you and others.

Catering to college aged athletes isn’t my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back