Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time member but been away from the site for a while.

I don’t wan’t to clog up the forum by creating a new thread, but where would be a good place to start on finding Club Level tickets for sale for the Balls State game?
Why not just watch at Applebee's while you choke on the abomination they call a mozzarella stick?

There’s obviously been plenty of talk about Tennessee, NIL, Spyre and such this week. We have referenced Danny White’s quote from our Q and A with him from May multiple times. And Tennessee is trying to get their NCAA investigation wrapped up which is part of the reason White was so clear in his quote about the line between NIL helping current athletes and not being a part of recruiting. The Vols are hoping to get their notice of allegations sometime in the next 2-4 months.

Tennessee and Spyre do communicate regularly we are told as the two have regularly scheduled meetings. However you haven’t seen any coach publicly advocate donating to Spyre or any collective and we wouldn’t look for that anytime soon even though it’s not against the law.

To date Spyre Sports has secured over $3 million in deals for over 100 student athletes.

It’s going to be interesting to see if Tennessee makes any kind of shift in terms of starting to promote a collective to donors and fans like we are seeing at other schools such as Ohio State.
-VQ

I don’t get why it had to be very publicly about why Mordecai McDaniel and the other two (didn’t see or look up their names) released from the team and rumored why. Maybe to make a statement of ‘my way or the highway’. Bad look for them.
Did you see that Mordecai trolled Napier after?
McDaniel trolling Napier. This icon is what Napier tweets when they get a commit

Florida fans showing their ass in the comments

Havoc Rate –

The Havoc Rate is an “advanced metric” that is said to reflect on the quality of a defense. The formula for calculating Havoc Rate is (TFL + PBU+ Int + FF)/(# of plays). To be considered advanced it seems pretty simple to me. Kirby said in an interview before last season that their goal at Georgia was to have a 20% Havoc Rate for their defense.

This is how SEC defenses fared in 2021 with regards to the Havoc Rate.

ScreenHunter 941.png

This is a game by game breakout of our season last year showing the Havoc we reeked on our opponents and the Havoc they reeked on us.

ScreenHunter 942.png

We didn't fare too well against Georgia but check out our game with Alabama. Missouri's defense against us last year, lol.

If Tim Banks can fix our 3rd down defense everything else could come together really quick. For the record, his last year as the DC at Illinois he had the 12th best 3rd down defense in the country. The best we've done in recent years with 3rd down defense was 2015; we were 2nd best in the nation while playing with mostly freshmen and sophomores. Anyway, that #12 3rd down defense for Banks was an improvement on the prior year's ranking of #87 so he apparently has experience getting the job done. jmo.

Coaches absolutely need to promote Spyre. We've seen coaches at other schools soliciting their fans for support. I understand the caution of leading the way, but we also can't be falling behind. Now that other schools have done it, with nothing said by the NCAA, we need to follow suit.

Why is Florida in meltdown mode?
More important, how can we take advantage of it? I don't care why they burn. They more than deserve it, as does a few other schools we face annually. But we need to take advantage of it to steal some recruits.

R.89006becc3df5667a653c9a53a7bcf40

More important, how can we take advantage of it? I don't care why they burn. They more than deserve it, as does a few other schools we face annually. But we need to take advantage of it to steal some recruits.

R.89006becc3df5667a653c9a53a7bcf40
Not many recruits to steal….That’s the issue…. Miami is killing them in recruiting including a highly rated qb that they were wanting..it’s really early but his Butch Jones type quirks is already pissing them off.

Interesting. Sounds like Dano has no stones against the NCAA and no stones for using NIL for recruiting. Wonder who said that before

cc: @Glitch @Orangeredblooded
Public versus private….. VQ also stated that Ohio State came close to our NIL deal….. Kentucky went above our NIL deal and that other teams had caught up to our NIL deal…. It can’t be both ways.

Now that’s pretty sad…it’s legal yet we aren’t doing because we are scared to ruffle the almighty NCAA feathers for fear of being hammered from our past with Pruitt. Grow some stones TN!
I agree but I also understand that everything looks completely different from a fan perspective. They are trying to build stability and clean up a lot of mess that we have moved on from in our minds. They don’t have that luxury.

Public versus private….. VQ also stated that Ohio State came close to our NIL deal….. Kentucky went above our NIL deal and that other teams had caught up to our NIL deal…. It can’t be both ways.

Yeesh. Saw the public vs private disagreement a mile away. Whatever, I hope he gets public pressure and does something like he did with retaining Tony V. I'm just being immature now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back