Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the big-time dollars not dumping truckloads into Spyre? Kinda confused about this.

Crowdfunding is important, but early on in this deal I'd think the early gains will be from large deposits until it catches fire in the fanbase. Am I misunderstanding that?

Thinking about it…a donation to a collective like Spyre is not tax deductible. A high level booster who owns his own business, can pay an athlete for advertising, and it gets treated as a business expense. A donation to the school is tax deductible. Just not sure Spyre is an avenue that big money people are going to spend big dollars on.

marilynrgb-sam-shaw-bw047_rbio_cropjpg2-58d9e156cc839__880.jpg

I hear Danny White wants to meet up with @BigOrangeVols at the Papermill Waffle House so he can leave his ass scattered, smothered, and covered.

The Plumber doesn’t give a damn about NIL. AA spooked him with NIL Rules bs. Thing is with NIL there really are no rules. USDC case in Oakland still moving forward where yet again the AA and the Power 5 conferences that joined the suit will get their asses kicked.

OSU puts WRs in the first round of the NFL draft almost every year in the last few years

You must be talking out your *** on this.

Because you are very very wrong on that point.

Go ahead and list out all the many many years they've had a 1st rd WR pick over the last 10 years. I won't hold my breath to be reminded it's only happened in ONE year since 2007 🤣😆😭😭😭

I bet college football is going to be really lame in a decade's time. It's going to be like Disney Star Wars -- a soulless, heartless moneymaker with none of the charm that drew people to it in the first place.
Which was what (the charm)? A massive moneymaker already, while also being "charming" because fans could be assured the players were broke in the meanwhile?

Like the SCOTUS opinions mentioned, those are really perverted reasons why someone would enjoy a sport.

What, precisely, is it that will make CFB lame in 10 years as compared to now? I'm truly interested. Unless there are major rule changes, I don't see how the mechanics of football and the enjoyment of said sport will change all that much. Or are we suggesting people hated cfb in the 90s more than in the 70s because it had become commercialized, players were paid every which way, million dollar coaches, and it had become professionalized? The growth of the sport would greatly disagree either way.

Last edited:
Which was what (the charm)? A massive moneymaker already, while also being "charming" because fans could be assured the players were broke in the meanwhile?

Like the SCOTUS opinions mentioned, those are really perverted reasons why someone would enjoy a sport.

What, precisely, is it that will make CFB lame in 10 years as compared to now? I'm truly interested. Unless there are major rule changes, I don't see how the mechanics of football and the enjoyment of said sport will change all that much. Or are we suggesting people hated cfb in the 90s more than in the 70s because it had become commercialized, players were paid every which way, million dollar coaches, and it had become professionalized? The growth of the sport would greatly disagree either way.
You’re reading an awful lot into a comment that wasn’t that deep.

Reactions: StoVol and Devo182
What's wrong now? We lost out on 2 50/50 5* recruits?

Man this place has become so sawft. I remember the old days when we lost out on EVERY 5 star recruit 🤣😭😁

Most importantly, Heupel is going to WIN. Since when did the game of crootin matter more than..ya know the actual game of football?? 😅

The only thing I can think of that will make college football totally lame in a decade is if we're still down. I don't think I can take another 10 years of being totally irrelevant, and a laughing stock to opposing fans.

What's wrong now? We lost out on 2 50/50 5* recruits?

Man this place has become so sawft. I remember the old days when we lost out on EVERY 5 star recruit 🤣😭😁

Most importantly, Heupel is going to WIN. Since when did the game of crootin matter more than..ya know the actual game of football?? 😅
I was showing ambivalence to the Biden comment.

Kamara may be right, may be wrong.

Thinking about it…a donation to a collective like Spyre is not tax deductible. A high level booster who owns his own business, can pay an athlete for advertising, and it gets treated as a business expense. A donation to the school is tax deductible. Just not sure Spyre is an avenue that big money people are going to spend big dollars on.
This is sad if you think about it. Edit: Wonder how other teams are doing it. I wonder if big dollars are donating to NIL at other schools? (That was the question.)

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol
It's funny how quickly fans on a fan site pivot to it being a failure of our processes and product when a kid ultimately picks the school he's a fan of. It's what fans do guys.

Makes me wonder how far a competitor would go to weaponize social media? Are recruiting budgets in the modern social media era big enough to justify paid provocateurs, akin to Russian trolls on political sites? I wonder. Wouldn't cost much to make a lot of (damaging) noise on the forums and Twitter of your top competitors.
🤔

Reactions: Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back