Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, fyi Saban wanted Nico more than any other QB prospect. Thinks he is the best in the class.

Missing the point. Nico’s great. Arch is rated #1. The #1 and a Manning would have gotten people excited. Still not the point. We landed Nico months ago and they’re selling mustard flags now. They should have shown off landing Nico like he was a citation Tuna and they were the boat captain. Can’t do that with no online presence.

The short answer is more money and more people. I want our collective to be the first to 10,000 members. I’ve been told Florida currently has around 2000-2500, we currently have less than that by a decent amount. I do not like losing to Florida in anything.

There’s not a ton or fanbases that can get involved in mass like ours. We just need everyone to mobilize and join the movement! Tell everyone you know to join and if people don’t want to, tell me why and we’ll see if we can address any issues that are preventing people from being involved.

@WillAtSpyre

It is roughly estimated that Tennessee football has somewhere around 4,000,000 fans. As with any fanbase, there is likely different levels of commitment among the members of our fanbase. There are some fans that are only engaged when the team is performing well. There are other fans that stay engaged regardless of the product on the field. There are some fans that may only attend one or two games per season while there is another group that are perennial season ticket holders. Then you have the boosters, the Terrace folks, the Club level folks, and the skybox folks.

You might consider hiring a marketing group to identify all the business owners across the state of Tennessee that have a special interest in Tennessee Athletics. I would suggest a tailored campaign to engage with those businesses and involve as many as possible in your organization. jmo.

I would think a competent organization such as yours would have a well-developed professional marketing strategy for each of those target groups with performance measures to indicate how successful your marketing campaigns are working. Obviously, each target group is different and requires a different and tailored approach. Expectations for each group will also be different.

You can probably buy mailing/contact lists for season ticket holders if the university isn’t willing to share that information. For avid fans I would suggest a mailer. For occasional ticket buyers and season ticket holders I’d suggest a mailer with a follow-up phone call. For boosters I’d suggest a mailer, phone call, and an in person meeting or multiple meetings. For all of these approaches I’d suggest a well-crafted and rehearsed plan/sales pitch with multiple closes. You need to have the right people (capable, trained, experienced, and motivated) doing the right jobs if you want to maximize your success. jmo.

I think for you guys, and by extension us, to be successful, you’re going to all have to work harder and longer hours than anyone else involved in Tennessee Athletics. In short, you guys are going to need to be willing to outwork your competitors across the country and you’re going to need to be smart and maybe a bit ruthless with the effort you put into this project. jmo.

You’re probably going to need to understand and build relationships with each of your target segments in the fanbase and each of those segments will need to be cultivated on an ongoing basis. jmo.

Clearly you’re not going to be able to do all this on a shoe string budget but I think it’s also unlikely you’re going to have the success desired if you can’t smartly deploy the resources required to build our base of donors. jmo.

If as has been suggested many of our competitors are catching up to us in the NIL space then obviously we need to put on more steam. You guys are on point. Make it happen man. jmo.

ScreenHunter 938.png

Well...that's interesting and super conservative. Basically hoping to make the 2 deep better to avoid losing games when Ja is hurt. But not much of a strategy for winning it all. And, unlike in college, where incremental winning can improve your stock via recruiting, incremental winning in the NBA just lands you lower on the draft boards over the years. Seems Ja would need to be missing a LOT of games for that to be your move.

Just hope KC lands where he can shine and run the team. He's too talented. Wish we could have seen him just one more year 😑
Seems to be the consensus he won't be a Day 1 starter due to his height. He'll be drafted as a backup so getting late 1st and early 2nd grades despite being 2nd or 3rd best PG in the draft.

They're critical of his outside shooting as well. I think he's good enough to be a starter but he's got to prove it.

The NIL stuff will all balance out in the end. The average fan isn’t going to pay a monthly subscription. That goes for fans of all schools.

bean-58d9823f0c416__880.jpg
😂😂😂

Reactions: InVOLuntary
The majority of fans could care less about this website or recruiting in general.They read SI headlines and what pops up on their Yahoo Sports scroll bar.They judge mostly by wins and what ur doing on the field compared to the teams they hate the most.Its just facts unfortunately but I'm glad Spyre is understanding that and starting to diversify how they reach folks.

@WillAtSpyre

It is roughly estimated that Tennessee football has somewhere around 4,000,000 fans. As with any fanbase, there is likely different levels of commitment among the members of our fanbase. There are some fans that are only engaged when the team is performing well. There are other fans that stay engaged regardless of the product on the field. There are some fans that may only attend one or two games per season while there is another group that are perennial season ticket holders. Then you have the boosters, the Terrace folks, the Club level folks, and the skybox folks.

You might consider hiring a marketing group to identify all the business owners across the state of Tennessee that have a special interest in Tennessee Athletics. I would suggest a tailored campaign to engage with those businesses and involve as many as possible in your organization. jmo.

I would think a competent organization such as yours would have a well-developed professional marketing strategy for each of those target groups with performance measures to indicate how successful your marketing campaigns are working. Obviously, each target group is different and requires a different and tailored approach. Expectations for each group will also be different.

You can probably buy mailing/contact lists for season ticket holders if the university isn’t willing to share that information. For avid fans I would suggest a mailer. For occasional ticket buyers and season ticket holders I’d suggest a mailer with a follow-up phone call. For boosters I’d suggest a mailer, phone call, and an in person meeting or multiple meetings. For all of these approaches I’d suggest a well-crafted and rehearsed plan/sales pitch with multiple closes. You need to have the right people (capable, trained, experienced, and motivated) doing the right jobs if you want to maximize your success. jmo.

I think for you guys, and by extension us, to be successful, you’re going to all have to work harder and longer hours than anyone else involved in Tennessee Athletics. In short, you guys are going to need to be willing to outwork your competitors across the country and you’re going to need to be smart and maybe a bit ruthless with the effort you put into this project. jmo.

You’re probably going to need to understand and build relationships with each of your target segments in the fanbase and each of those segments will need to be cultivated on an ongoing basis. jmo.

Clearly you’re not going to be able to do all this on a shoe string budget but I think it’s also unlikely you’re going to have the success desired if you can’t smartly deploy the resources required to build our base of donors. jmo.

If as has been suggested many of our competitors are catching up to us in the NIL space then obviously we need to put on more steam. You guys are on point. Make it happen man. jmo.

View attachment 466148
@WillAtSpyre, May I suggest y’all hire @ChattaTNVol?! He/she would do wonders for y’all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back