Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Government man that monitors the internet,

That last post was a joke. If Andy Bowser reads it and foolishly acts upon it in a "Harvey Updyke" type manner, it is not my fault, and I am in no way complicit. Blame @InVOLuntary .
We don't even like Saban/Sankey.

Sincerely,
The NSA

Sometimes I just forget to remind myself that we have MFing top 5 Nico. We could miss on every other 5* and yet we still have the most important recruit since the Fulmer days.
we are going to start stacking WR's, just had a streak of bad luck.

The Spyre rumors are disconcerting, but what else did we expect from Bubba Gump and 'world nevuh goina change' crew?

Sometimes I just forget to remind myself that we have MFing top 5 Nico. We could miss on every other 5* and yet we still have the most important recruit since the Fulmer days.
Assuming Mr. Nico is all he's projected to be. He was to be our Big Orange Pied Piper in recruiting. So far....a mixed bag. Let's not put all this on his shoulders. He is, after all, a true freshman. Might need some time to adjust to big boy football. Not gonna be taking the field in pajama bottoms once he hits Knoxville. Things will be a tad more intense and a wee bit quicker when the bullets are live. Hope he's the savior like Manning was, but even the great one needed some time to become the man.

Podcast notes

Tate picking Ohio st

AP - Tate always wanted to go to Ohio State. Brian Hartline was big reason. Ohio st. Was able to sway him dude to NIL offerings.

BH - when all things are equal NIL wise kids will choose relationships. Had Kodi Burns still been here Tate might have picked Tennessee. Pope did a good job but Tate really liked Burns

Podcast notes

Tate picking Ohio st

AP - Tate always wanted to go to Ohio State. Brian Hartline was big reason. Ohio st. Was able to sway him dude to NIL offerings.

BH - when all things are equal NIL wise kids will choose relationships. Had Kodi Burns still been here Tate might have picked Tennessee. Pope did a good job but Tate really liked Burns
Sounds like it wouldnt have mattered, it was OSU no matter.

To the talkers saying Tennessee spent its wad on a player and still got waxed. The kid grew up an OSU fan amd was still firmly in there.

Moving on.

Reactions: SSVol
Sounds like it wouldnt have mattered, it was OSU no matter.

To the talkers saying Tennessee spent its wad on a player and still got waxed. The kid grew up an OSU fan amd was still firmly in there.

Moving on.

It's funny how quickly fans on a fan site pivot to it being a failure of our processes and product when a kid ultimately picks the school he's a fan of. It's what fans do guys.

Makes me wonder how far a competitor would go to weaponize social media? Are recruiting budgets in the modern social media era big enough to justify paid provocateurs, akin to Russian trolls on political sites? I wonder. Wouldn't cost much to make a lot of (damaging) noise on the forums and Twitter of your top competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back