Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas is so mentally weak and fragile..and evidently the NCAA supports their fragility.
It was a big deal last year when Texas, Big12, and ESPN got offended after Will Bednar (pitcher for Miss State) walked off the mound with a horns down after owning them.

I don't understand the sensitivity to such a harmless gesture.

So ready for football season now, folks.

Thankful to the basketball and baseball teams for keeping us engaged and most importantly winning the conference. The added benefit was obviously that it shrunk the vastness of football offseason.

Good times, fun times. In many ways, a change of pace. It's fun to be excited and engaged when we usually aren't.

But man I'm just so ready for football. Grilling. Crisp air. Football on every TV. Football from noon to well past midnight. Labor Day weekend, when there's good football on for like 5 straight days. The excitement leading into the first weekend, or big weekends. This year, finding out who our new studs are in the offense.

The echo of the banging and clatter of the drum lines practicing that you'll hear every now and then when a band is practicing nearer than you remember. Just a nice reminder in August that it's coming.

The pop of the pads. The roar of the crowd. That anticipatory "ooooo" that the crowd in Neyland makes as a whole when we see the ball in the air to a streaking (wide open) receiver.

The sights and sounds of Neyland. The Pride of the Southland band. The first time the T opens up. The first time Rocky Top is played. Tailgating on/around campus. Playing that perfect or familiar tailgating playlist. Seeing children in your family (maybe they're your kids or grandkids) recognize Tennessee, grow to love it.

Being a 1st Quarter Boi.

Damn I love it!

...I am sitting here talking myself into getting season tickets...

Last edited:
It was a big deal last year when Texas, Big12, and ESPN got offended after Will Bednar (pitcher for Miss State) walked off the mound with a horns down after owning them.

I don't understand the sensitivity to such a harmless gesture.

I don’t care if players or fans or most people do it. I do think the standard for someone singing the national anthem is a little different. I think some professionalism should come into play because he isn’t part of the competition. But that’s just me. Even though I hate the Gators, I wouldn’t do the gator chomp if I was asked to perform or speak at a UT-UF event. I would do that as a fan in the stands.

Reactions: SmokinBob
So ready for football season now, folks.

Thankful to the basketball and baseball teams for keeping us engaged and most importantly winning the conference. The added benefit was obviously that it shrunk the vastness of football offseason.

👍

Same here. Love all Vol sports, but those two proved up the method to returning to the national stage. It kept us from brooding over the time until football starts. Both brought totally unexpected results from preseason projections with being SEC champs. Mission accomplished. Learn from the mistakes as players and coaches - go recruit the best. Both added synergy to all Vol programs.

We can be disappointed there was no FF or Natty respectively because we know they were both capable. There were coaching miscues that contributed and its OK to admit it. They can learn from it and move on. I will just say one and leave it at that. You can't play or coach your team if you are suspended. If I am DW I stress that cannot happen. Period.

Regardless, it has been a wonderful year for Vol sports that will cap off in equally wonderful fashion with football IMO. Cannot wait. I'm expecting to see the SEC and NCAA exposed some more for the total scams they are this fall. The SEC is getting too big and unwieldily for Skanky to handle in the coming years. Saban will ride off to retirement without control. Just keep shining the light and stressing the system. Love where it all is going on Rocky Top.

They aren’t gonna make it when they join the SEC
Everyone’s fans are gonna hurt their little feelings

c0051537-2f36-4cfb-9659-1fbd9e18a467_text.gif

As a former TA during my GA. You can see how hard it Wood be to grade all those papers...Graduate Assistants must scroll through hundreds of papers a day!

Although teaching isnt exactly, hieroglyphics. Truthfully, I was all Ra being at the bottom of the Pyramid.

See you morans later.

Y'all can say what you want about Bama... They don't have the NCAA actively enforcing punishment on anyone that talks bad about them.
It is kinda wild when u add up all the coincidences and theories.A&M signed this massive class it was blatant they paid some folks but no one had an issue.Saban gloats openly how Young got a million before hitting campus and not a peep We snag Nico and all hell breaks loose it seems.Ive never been the big "Oh no their out to get us" kinda guy but knowing what Bama has done and for u to NEVER hear a peep about them is ridiculous.Its like everyone in the world knows their dirty minus Bama,Sec,Ncaa.I mean their legit so upset they wanna Monitor their own conference.

Y'all can say what you want about Bama... They don't have the NCAA actively enforcing punishment on anyone that talks bad about them.

I’m not going to get into an argument with you but Saban was just crying foul to anyone who would listen about aTm when it was all good when Bryce got his money.

Now Saban wants NIL to be fixed and monitored.

I’ve said it many times: it’s only ok when they do it and no one else can.

LB is an interesting group. Page, Beasley, Banks all return and played lots of snaps...production wise though Banks was the only one you'd really point to. Will we get anything from Perry or Herring or even Mohan this season? Cause even though Mitchell returns he was disappointing before his injury. So we have 2 maybe 3 guys you feel good about at this point...

Now the "edge" guys is probably the best group on the team. Roman, Young, Baron and then two of our most talked about additions in Josephs and Pearce...plus if you can pressure the QB you can really make a back 7 look better.

OL is just really unproven. Wright, Carvin, Cooper, and Spraggins ya feel good about but that's it at this point. Will anyone else step up?

Secondary is a huge ? for me personally. I really like quite a few of the guys based on size and where they were rated, but no one has done anything production wise yet.
This is exactly what I was talking about...outside of one QB, one RB, one WR and one LB, we really don't have anybody that has "proven" to be much more than an average SEC player, and yet a lot of people are expecting way above average results...mostly based on "potential".

Excuse me if I don't give a runny 💩 about "potential" after all the massive mega-bust nut punches we have had over the last two decades.

The fact is that we have very few "proven" above average players...and that is all. I will not expect much more than slightly above average results based on potential, and I think it is dumb to do so. I think it is ok to think we could possibly get above average results from all that "potential", but to expect it is just pure stupidity.

I hope we win 9-10 games, and I see a way that it could happen, but I expect 7-8 wins is going to be what ends up being the case...for two reasons.

#1 is the inevitable injuries that will happen.

#2 is that I believe the powers that be are once again going to all in their power to derail us. They do not want us to regain our rightful place in the world, and consistently knock Bama and UGA out of the playoffs.

I’m not going to get into an argument with you but Saban was just crying foul to anyone who would listen about aTm when it was all good when Bryce got his money.

Now Saban wants NIL to be fixed and monitored.

I’ve said it many times: it’s only ok when they do it and no one else can.
What does any of that have to do with the NCAA?

A good number of those guys are listed as three stars when they're actually 4 stars. Like Miton, Mohan, Joseph's, Pearce etc.

We are thin as far as having an Uber talented two deep littered with two stars, but you can't question the amount of experience returning. Otherwise we are way less thin scholarship and roster wise this year compared to last year.

Measure how we feel about the roster this year compared to last?

What group other than DB could we say we felt better about last year than this year? We also didn't know how good Theo could be. Still bring back all but two guys and two good transfers.

Can't say you felt better about the OL just because of Cade. Guys like Cooper and Carvin proved theyre good last year and other guys proved they can play if called upon and we bring almost all of them back plus Mincey.

Maybe you feel even about RB?

The rest you no question feel better about it because we bring back so much.

The tone around here would be better if we were able to land more guys in the transfer portal.

Going 7-5 will be an abject failure bringing back what we bring back. It would mean that no one developed, no one got better and it would be gravely concerning.

We should win 8 games minimum.
Ridiculous to say it will be an abject failure.

This is exactly what I was talking about...outside of one QB, one RB, one WR and one LB, we really don't have anybody that has "proven" to be much more than an average SEC player, and yet a lot of people are expecting way above average results...mostly based on "potential".

Excuse me if I don't give a runny 💩 about "potential" after all the massive mega-bust nut punches we have had over the last two decades.

The fact is that we have very few "proven" above average players...and that is all. I will not expect much more than slightly above average results based on potential, and I think it is dumb to do so. I think it is ok to think we could possibly get above average results from all that "potential", but to expect it is just pure stupidity.

I hope we win 9-10 games, and I see a way that it could happen, but I expect 7-8 wins is going to be what ends up being the case...for two reasons.

#2 is that I believe the powers that be are once again going to all in their power to derail us. They do not want us to regain our rightful place in the world, and consistently knock Bama and UGA out of the playoffs.

#3 - until the NCAA makes a fair ruling on limiting fake injuries, we're only as good as game-to-game officiating will allow us to be

#3 - until the NCAA makes a fair ruling on limiting fake injuries, we're only as good as game-to-game officiating will allow us to be
Its amazing they can make it happen in basketball but have no idea what to do in football.Weve discussed it a gazillion times but if us morans can figure it out then why the hell can't they?

Everybody on the roster played better than you expected last season…the first in each scheme (offensive and defensive). Acknowledge that first and catch up to the rest of us non-slitwristers later.

Its amazing they can make it happen in basketball but have no idea what to do in football.Weve discussed it a gazillion times but if us morans can figure it out then why the hell can't they?
They don't want to figure it out. All major sports need officiating to have any way out (by subjective rules like this, which all sports have) to influence a game/series in real time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back