Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been moving the last few days and am about 40 pages behind and didn’t get to watch last nights game so I’ve got some questions. Drew is suspended today too, right? What about Anderson? I got a news alert about “Tennessee fans throwing trash again” or some ******** news line like that but the video that came with it only showed what looked like 3 beer cans on the field… was it worse than that? Or does ESPN just hate UT and jumped at the opportunity to talk about trash again?

I think I read that Notre Dames Ace pitcher starts today.. hope the boys are ready to knock him out early and never look back as payback for last night.
Drew for today only. Anderson for 3 games since it is his second incident.

I assume tomorrow we work with Dollander then Burns and Walsh. Then Sunday it's Beam, Connell, Mclaughlin, and Walsh.

We need Dollander to give his best outing and the bats to build a lead. Then switch Connell and Burns.
Like Tony said in that PC...we need them to be who they are.

Big brother starts kid pitch in the fall. 😬 duck!!!
We got hit 6 times the other night…. I still give my son 5 dollars every time he wears one(helped get him over being afraid to be hit) I made our fans laugh…. We had a kid that had never pitched and he hit a kid( it really bothers some kids)…. I told him not to worry about it…. They had hit enough of ours that we owed them some.

I didn’t see drew get hit and I agree it’s needed but I feel it should be obvious and a lot of time it’s just part of their regular swing.
It was questionable but honestly close enough to where Drew should've gotten the benefit of the doubt. Thing is if it happened to a ND kid we would all be on here talking about what a good call it was.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The umps will never be good enough to satisfy fans…. Didn’t get to watch last night bc I had other obligations(kept up online/radio and such) but last weekend I felt the umps did a decent job…. They are calling a game behind the catcher where the ball is going 85-100 mph and can move 10 inches or more… our vantage point is a zoomed in camera that is directly in line with the ball. Anytime you argue balls and strikes then you stand a real good chance of being kicked out… we may not like it but it is what happens in baseball… we were extremely lucky Jorel wasn’t ran last game… We lost last nights game bc of poor play…. We need our pitching to man up and do it’s job. Go Vols!
Have you signed some kind of NIL like deal, where you get an incentive each time you say this? You're stacking paper if so. Congrats.

It was questionable but honestly close enough to where Drew should've gotten the benefit of the doubt. Thing is if it happened to a ND kid we would all be on here talking about what a good call it was.

Honestly I don’t get upset at those with opponents unless it’s obvious that the batter just leans over the plate. Regardless, that is not a good pitch, so you can’t complain much.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Drew for today only. Anderson for 3 games since it is his second incident.

Dang that’s tough. I saw the replay of Drew’s strikeout that led to the ejection and the call 3rd strike definitely looked low below the knee. Sounds like on Twitter that the ump was calling a terrible game, but then again I’d expect that view from Twitter. What was the feeling in here? The ump that bad?

Reactions: volbeast33
Dang that’s tough. I saw the replay of Drew’s strikeout that led to the ejection and the call 3rd strike definitely looked low below the knee. Sounds like on Twitter that the ump was calling a terrible game, but then again I’d expect that view from Twitter. What was the feeling in here? The ump that bad?
no worse than we've seen this far from sec tourney to now.

this was culmination of frustration that came to a head.

Frank needs to be smarter until this bull **** rule is changed.

Yeah, he was pretty bad. All over the place all night.

Feel sick to my stomach today, not literally but yeah maybe a little bit literal

Dickford umps interjecting their egos
Out there stifling dreams ✨

U have to be all time great to beat your opponents and bias too

He took our best hitter out for todays game too, unforgivable
That's 🦬💩...I hope whoever takes Drew's place does a good job.

Sorry…. It’s my pet peeve…. I work with my players against having that mind set all the time.

Youth sports is totally different. I coach basketball and tell my kids to let me deal with officials. Once you start getting into college though, it’s big business, and I don’t blame coaches for letting their players have some freedom. It’s their brand and in baseball, the coach is not on the field and has somewhat of a distorted view.

Notre Dame’s game two starter will be their ace, lefty John Michael Bertrand. He began his college career as a walk-on at Furman and has become an all-american as a 5th year senior in South Bend. He doesn’t have elite stuff, but throws a low 90s fastball, a cutter to jam right-handed hitters, a 2-seamer that breaks away from right-handed hitters and a slider. Over the last two seasons, he’s thrown 25.2 innings in the NCAAT, giving 7 runs on 24 hits, while striking out 20 and walking 3.
Great..😒

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back