Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the SEC has outgrown the NCAA , trying to push a cap could be very dangerous for their future . If the SEC says we are not abiding by your decisions anymore , they would be done .
Sounds like the SEC is pressing to limit NIL as well. I mean, Nick cried, SEC started scrambling.

Reactions: PA Vol
Great little pond their with tons of bluegill. Some nice size bass too, but trying to get around the algae is tough.
We did amphibian surveys there. I got some incredible footage of spring peepers and upland chorus frogs calling and mating one night. We got like 4 or 5 frog species and 2-3 salamanders.

Sounds like the SEC is pressing to limit NIL as well. I mean, Nick cried, SEC started scrambling.

Nicky always cries about something , he sees it I’m sure as a threat to their world domination efforts , he is correct there . The NIL allows those with deep pockets ti play catch up out in public view .

Right. I agree, especially when you read the tea leaves. It sounds like any rule that would come before them they would view with extreme skepticism. I imagine that is why the NCAA threw it hands up and is hoping for Congress to bail them out. They are tired of getting sued - who wouldn't be? But I see a lot in the media, and even here, that the NCAA is totally toothless because of Alston, and that simply is not true from a legal perspective.
Yup. They're far from toothless.

Their function is also ubiquitous, though not their form. The universities can end the NCAA if they choose...but their brand-new "NCAA 2.0" or "NCAA P5 Version" will be the same crap, as the universities will still be behind it.

As long as the universities run their own association (and I can't imagine anything different happening), it will be the some stuff over and over.

Reactions: PA Vol and MKEvol
Nicky always cries about something , he sees it I’m sure as a threat to their world domination efforts , he is correct there . The NIL allows those with deep pockets ti play catch up out in public view .
That's what makes all this talk about NCAA exemption from antitrust laws due to the need to preserve competition so ridiculous. NCAAF is not competitive. NIL will increase competitiveness.

But the SEC has outgrown the NCAA , trying to push a cap could be very dangerous for their future . If the SEC says we are not abiding by your decisions anymore , they would be done .
It's the SEC leaders pushing for the cap and wanting to regain control of SAs. And "SEC NCAA 2.0" would be far far worse. They are the ones (Sankey, Saban, etc.) that have ALWAYS wanted to control players more and more.

Eff Sankey and Birmingham. We don't want a rogue league leader in Birmingham..trust me. The game of college football is a beautiful NATIONAL sport for many, both big and little teams, from coast to coast and everyone in between. Now the big boys want to do away with FCS games, other "middle America" conferences via consolidation, etc. They are greedy and shortshighted. Screw em.

And you're missing the point. Whether it's NCAA or NCAA 2.0...it's still the universities running the show. It would be even WORSE because, instead of 300+ programs giving input, now the controllers are 13/14ths your rivals. No one wants that. If anything, we need a central organization, like pro leagues have, that consider such valuable topics like parity, competitive balance, national balance, etc. Guys like Sankey have Napoleon complexes and only care about their salaries and self-interests. No pro league would allow such absurd rogue moves like he has been doing. Terrible for the sport.

Last edited:
Have they showed every OU softball game prior to the softball CWS? Nah. And they may be the most dominant team in all of sports history (56-2 in softball/baseball is unspeakable).

Let's be real though. Did anyone here know who the best team was in 2018...17...16...15..etc etc?

College baseball is very insular. Few follow and few know. It is what it is. We can't act like we were all following CBB before TV showed up or that it's a major sport. But maybe DW and TV can change all of that...we're making it exciting. They were just waiting on us to bring the heat 👀 👀
Regardless, having the #1 team on a streaming only service, while you air two unranked softball teams is terrible. No matter who follows what or when they started, the #1 team of any sport should be aired before unranked teams.

You believe a #1 Alabama team or #1 Florida would receive the same treatment? I don't. They'd be airing them every chance they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back