Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be saying the same thing many Bama fans were saying up until last week. Of course we cheat, so does everyone, we are just better at it and we have a coach who is the GOAT and maximizes it better than anyone else.

BUT - after last week I would also be cautiously wondering if our coach can compete in this new paradigm where the talent advantage could and will be neutralized. He didn’t win like he is now at LSU and we all saw what happened when he was forced to compete with equal talent in the pros. Saban gets marks for organizing the cheating machine that Bama is into an unstoppable force. However his chops at coaching without a cheating advantage is yet to be determined.

That doesn’t take away from what Saban has done. He’s obviously rattled about this and doesn’t like the fact that TAM beat him on and off the field in a 12 month window.

We’ll see how this plays out. But it will be extremely telling if there is a marked drop off in rings and wins when the talent gap is closed even marginally across the board.

Is he the GOAT? Sure. How much of it was his coaching or being the beneficiary of an engrained cheating system unparalleled anywhere else he’s been? All we know is one half of that question is going away in a hurry.
Many good points. I offer a few comments, if you don't mind. Interesting that bammer fans admit that their team is based on cheating.

Cheating on a gigantic scale with impunity DOES take away from what he has done. Saban is a complete fraud. The little narcissist's reputation is "stolen valor." As you admit, his chops at winning on a level playing field is "yet to be determined."

Saban smells like a goat perhaps or has sex with a goat**, but he is not the GOAT.

He has 4 years of cheating backlog. So he will quit before he has to play even one down on a level playing field. He's just a punk and criminal. All his wins should be vacated. Everything he brags about needs an asterisk.

He has also been somehow given credit (instead of the program death penalty) for flagrant cheating with respect to NCAA coaching limits.

And the "complete control" contract he brags about amounts to an admission of "lack of institutional control," which is a NCAA program death penalty infraction.

---
** Alabama Man Cheated On His Wife With A Goat

Last edited:
Anyone catch the Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers Movie on Disney+ movie with your kids? It’s definitely geared towards the 35+ crowd. Tons, almost too many to count, old throwback reboot references.
It felt like Paramount's version of space jam. They put all of their IP in the show. I liked how they mixed real world, cartoons, and CGI

Last edited:
Jimbo is a perfect example of "the guilty proclaim their innocence the loudest." All he had to do was say, "hey, they changed the rules, we took advantage of it, and we stayed within those new rules the whole time." I think eventually we're going to see that they were not quite staying within even the generous new rules.
Yes, Jimbo fumbled. What you say seems correct. But his worse shortcoming is that he allowed himself to get distracted from his main point that Saban is a cheater who is threatened by a level playing field. He should have hammered that home and provided examples.

That "the guilty proclaim their innocence the loudest" applies perfectly to Saban. "We never paid one player, aight?" Sounds like one of his disciples. And as Ruiz pointed out, Saban saying that he and bammer work with their players to get the NIL they have coming appears to be a gigantic violation of the NIL rules.

I do believe Saban wants ATM on probation. Ask Hugh Freeze what happens if you beat bammer two years running. ATM is in the danger zone. (I hope you don't think that Freeze issue had something to do with burner phones.)

As far as the rules, weren't the NCAA rules put into effect afterward? Now Saban and his puppet Skankey want more retroactive rules. So long as people are not allowed to discuss the need for NIL as the only way to neutralize bammer cheating, Skankey is running a sham show.

No one believes USC is going to catch a charge for flagrant tampering with the Pitt WR.

Edit: For the record, I dislike Jimbo and boot-slide ATM but I will pull for them against bammer and old piss.

It's also annoying to me that saban's agenda as skankey's agenda means everything keeps getting added to the SEC meeting except a fake injury rule.

To return to your point, it was also asinine for Jimbo to add that "free shoes U" Bowden did things the right way! Like Saban, he just couldn't not lie.

Last edited:
That's pretty neat. I looked up buttermilk and hangovers and apparently it's a part of Irish folklore that it cures a hangover and is mentioned in other cultures too as something that helps hangovers. Science wise it's a natural probiotic so it's good for your gut but alas science hasn't been able to back anything up on hangover cures.

Personally, I think you might've found something that worked for you. I once found that whenever I ate a ton of bacon before consuming alcohol I never got sick with a hangover. I thought maybe the fat absorb it. Sounds crazy but whenever I ate bacon beforehand no hangover - lol.

Apparently I was wrong on the why but right about bacon helping:
Bacon sandwich really does cure a hangover

the best thing I have found to cure the hangover is gatorade or powerade because when consuming too much alcohol you are actually getting dehydrated and obviously GA or PA are made to replenish that. In the absence of GA or PA, then a few bloody mary's is helpful. Doesn't cure anything but who cares after a few.

Reactions: UTProf
the best thing I have found to cure the hangover is gatorade or powerade because when consuming too much alcohol you are actually getting dehydrated and obviously GA or PA are made to replenish that. In the absence of GA or PA, then a few bloody mary's is helpful. Doesn't cure anything but who cares after a few.

That reminds me of something I once heard... "alcohol is not the solution to your problems but it makes you forget the question." lol.

I think 90 percent of it is a training issue. Forces don't have high standards when it comes to training and many have no real training on how to simply deal with people and defuse situations. So many police shootings would never happen if they simply knew how to deal with people and had training in de-escalation.

ETA: Also, we need a mental health unit that can handle the mentally ill and those with diseases like Alzheimer's. Cops who are trained to ride along or go to scenes where people are in need of hospitalization but who may be violent or aggressive (their basic job should be to help EMTs and take control of scenes that might be chaotic). I don't know how it is hospitals (usually a group of nurses and helpers) can control folks who are ill without killing them but they do it 24/7, usually with just simple talk and teamwork. (Both physical and chemical restraints really do take an act of congress to use).
Absolutely on that last part.

If you or I burned someone to death by accident, we'd be facing felony manslaughter. Something doesn't have to be on purpose to rise above misdemeanor negligence.

It's a bit more than "ocversimplification" to compare riding a motorcycle on one wheel to firing a live electric probe at someone who's standing in gasoline fumes.
That's not even close to true. If I tripped and knocked a can of gasoline on to someone who was smoking and they burned to death, there would be no charges. It was an accident. If I were backing up to take a picture and knocked someone over a cliff and they died, there would be no felony charges. Accidents happen.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
That's not even close to true. If I tripped and knocked a can of gasoline on to someone who was smoking and they burned to death, there would be no charges. It was an accident. If I were backing up to take a picture and knocked someone over a cliff and they died, there would be no felony charges. Accidents happen.
You may not be criminally negligent. Perhaps in a civil case.

In both cases you could actually be charged with involuntary manslaughter. Just depends on whether or not a DA presses charges.

Anyone catch the Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers Movie on Disney+ movie with your kids? It’s definitely geared towards the 35+ crowd. Tons, almost too many to count, old throwback reboot references. Enjoyed it.

giphy.gif

Many good points. I offer a few comments, if you don't mind. Interesting that bammer fans admit that their team is based on cheating.

Cheating on a gigantic scale with impunity DOES take away from what he has done. Saban is a complete fraud. The little narcissist's reputation is "stolen valor." As you admit, his chops at winning on a level playing field is "yet to be determined."

Saban smells like a goat perhaps or has sex with a goat**, but he is not the GOAT.

He has 4 years of cheating backlog. So he will quit before he has to play even one down on a level playing field. He's just a punk and criminal. All his wins should be vacated. Everything he brags about needs an asterisk.

He has also been somehow given credit (instead of the program death penalty) for flagrant cheating with respect to NCAA coaching limits.

And the "complete control" contract he brags about amounts to an admission of "lack of institutional control," which is a NCAA program death penalty infraction.

---
** Alabama Man Cheated On His Wife With A Goat

The problem with this line of thinking is no other coach before him at Bama has done what he has. So he HAS to have played some part.

I’ve said all long this was right coach for the right school at the right time. Probably the best fit in the history of the sport. With any other coach Bama doesn’t win like this and with any other school Saban doesn’t win like this. The Bama part is in real threat to get neutralized. Just like all the other coaches sans maybe Kirby, they have all not even approached what they did at Bama. We are probably about to see how Saban handles it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back