Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my last birthday my mom dug up some of our old photos and found the one with Pat and I in Minneapolis for the Final Four. She had come up to the stands to take pictures with us. I guess this one was more candid and she wasn't paying attention and maybe talking, but my mom snapped it anyway. I look like a total dork in the photo, but it's a great memory nonetheless.

My mom and I will always remember Pat fondly.

Screenshot_20220523-150815_Chrome.jpg

If you want a pod to listen to check out Jalin Hyatts episode of The Slice. I’ve not listened to many but this one was really good.

Some highlights

- really owned last year. Said he was immature and didn’t do all he needed to. Pointed to how his focus was off and how the 530 am workouts were hard for him.
- how he knew immediately the season wasn’t what he wanted and after Purdue he went right back to the facilities and started working.
- Wants to play at 193 this year. How he wants to be known as a physical slot.
- Mentioned how Atlanta was on a lot of the teams mind this year. They feel real confident.

Best part imo

Kacey Thunderburg asked what his summer plans were and if he was going to get away for a bit and he said his plans were to stay at the facilities and keep working. How a lot of his teammates were doing the same. How it’s a player driven team now and they all want it.

I can not wait for this season. I love this team.

If you want a pod to listen to check out Jalin Hyatts episode of The Slice. I’ve not listened to many but this one was really good.

Some highlights

- really owned last year. Said he was immature and didn’t do all he needed to. Pointed to how his focus was off and how the 530 am workouts were hard for him.
- how he knew immediately the season wasn’t what he wanted and after Purdue he went right back to the facilities and started working.
- Wants to play at 193 this year. How he wants to be known as a physical slot.
- Mentioned how Atlanta was on a lot of the teams mind this year. They feel real confident.

Best part imo

Kacey Thunderburg asked what his summer plans were and if he was going to get away for a bit and he said his plans were to stay at the facilities and keep working. How a lot of his teammates were doing the same. How it’s a player driven team now and they all want it.

I can not wait for this season. I love this team.
RIP Ball State.

For my last birthday my mom dug up some of our old photos and found the one with Pat and I in Minneapolis for the Final Four. She had come up to the stands to take pictures with us. I guess this one was more candid and she wasn't paying attention and maybe talking, but my mom snapped it anyway. I look like a total dork in the photo, but it's a great memory nonetheless.

View attachment 457550
That is awesome, man. What a great picture and great memory!!

View attachment 457550
Thanks for sharing, Devo. That is great.

How Cornbread and Milk Became a Beloved Southern Snack

My Dad wasn’t from Southern Appalachia. He was from Texas, lol. But my grandfather ran a restaurant/cafeteria, so my Dad knows how to cook/make/grill many things.

OH's Dad used to take his cornbread like in the article -- basically crumbled up in a glass of buttermilk. It was the first time I'd ever seen it consumed like that. Of course, now I know a lot of old timer's do it that way but when I first saw it I thought it was strange.

ETA: And keep in mind I grew up in a house where cornbread was eaten every dinner (on occasion we'd have corn sticks). I'm probably 50 percent southern cornbread at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back