Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of a random thought but I truly believe - and this isn’t just homerism speaking - that we’re on the eve of a very fun, exciting, and successful era in Vols football.

I think Oregon under Kelly is our floor. That’s our floor.

I think we’re gonna be the “it” team. Kids are gonna want to play here. Heupel and Danny White were exactly what we needed.

Couple that with Sabans pending retirement, the new pod system likely removing playing the big 3 every year, and NIL…. And I love our future.

This is kind of a random thought but I truly believe - and this isn’t just homerism speaking - that we’re on the eve of a very fun, exciting, and successful era in Vols football.

I think Oregon under Kelly is our floor. That’s our floor.

I think we’re gonna be the “it” team. Kids are gonna want to play here. Heupel and Danny White were exactly what we needed.

Couple that with Sabans pending retirement, the new pod system likely removing playing the big 3 every year, and NIL…. And I love our future.

tumblr_nbop33MeNp1rx3q30o1_500.gifv

Pretty sure I got it a couple weeks ago. Was at my in laws and we all had JIF creamy peanut butter at some point, and all of us got violently ill. They had since thrown out the jar so we couldn't check code to be sure, but it was on the list of types and sizes that were possibly contaminated, and lots of others in Missouri got sick from it too.
What was the latency period? I’m pretty sure I’m not dead yet.

It still bums me out that stupid last place Kentucky was the only team to take a series from us this year...but that's just baseball.

I hope we win the postseason. I really don't want to hear all the rival jackasses running their mouth about it...they are just waiting for us to fail...but winning it all is just so hard no matter how good your team is.

Baseball is just too random to expect a title...you run into a couple of crappy umps and hot pitchers, while your pitchers have a couple of off days and you are done.

Easier for me to say it now, but this season was a success already; we aren’t the traditional baseball powerhouse so, I’m not expecting to win it all.

With that said... 🏆 or GTHO.

In the interest of full disclosure- I was bought into Pruitt-era and thought he’d be good enough that Alabama would steal him from us. 😐

So take my last post with a grain of salt.

I was never bought into Pruitt. Silently, I felt that way, because I didn’t want my negative thoughts known. When Heupel was hired, I took a wait and see approach. I loved his offense at UCF, but his recruiting concerned me. He’s proven that he can recruit with the best. Danny White along with Heupel, Vitello, Barnes, and KJH makes our athletics programs the healthiest I’ve seen it in honestly the last 30 years. The previous 15-20 years were really and truly the dark ages. It makes it even sweeter.

What a week! My son graduated Austin Peay last week Summa Cum Laude. My daughter got married to a fantastic guy over the weekend. I turned 50 yesterday. And my amazing wife and I will celebrate 25 years on Wednesday. Life is good. Cheers Morans
So happy you and your family have had so many blessings. Hope they continue for you also.

That's not even crazy video game numbers.

Those are real. SMH forever.
One of my favorite baseball adages is that good pitching beats good hitting. Not so sure about that with this team. A 9.15 ERA against us is unbelievable. Also, average game score is 9-3. Actually 9.3-2.7, but you get the idea. Unheard of.

Speaking of PB back several years ago a group of us Maintenance men decide to judge the "BEST" PB. We brought in over about a week 6 or 8 brands, some brand name, some store brand but all stuff you have heard of. And the Hands Down winner in a blind taste test................Clover Dale from Dollar General.

I would say no group other than little kids eat more PB than construction workers on a daily basis(as well as bologna)........we have very delicate palates and yes we are experts.

Speaking of PB back several years ago a group of us Maintenance men decide to judge the "BEST" PB. We brought in over about a week 6 or 8 brands, some brand name, some store brand but all stuff you have heard of. And the Hands Down winner in a blind taste test................Clover Dale from Dollar General.

I would say no group other than little kids eat more PB than construction workers on a daily basis(as well as bologna)........we have very delicate palates and yes we are experts.

I rebuke this in the name of Jesus. I’d take expired recalled JIF over Clover valley.
Now clover valley fruity pebbles is better than regular fruity pebbles.

I'm young enough to have watched the Vols beat Spurrier multiple times and his career fizzle out. He's nothing more than either a crotchety old man or a wisecrack you hate to kinda like imo.

There's maybe, like, a single carbon atom in my body that feels bad he was spurned by the Vols out of Science Hill and went to Florida.

I hate Saban.
He was heavily recruited but we ran the single wing at the time.

I rebuke this in the name of Jesus. I’d take expired recalled JIF over Clover valley.
Now clover valley fruity pebbles is better than regular fruity pebbles.

This is the exact reaction I would expect.........Silly Humans. I personally enjoy a dollop of Cashew Nut Butter on a Multi-Grain Wasa.........or any kind of PB on white bread !!!!

You've had too many Skittles. JIF is the best PB.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Yessir, and it has been for awhile. I am reasonably sure that during my Army days I did not wear much, however. I also sweat profusely (sorry if that is TMI) and have to be really diligent about applying more throughout the day

Speaking from personal experience (unfortunately), I have used Neutragena Ultra Sheer cream with SPF 100, also SPF 70 on my face and ears. Not had a single sunburn since using it. Usually only reapply once while out.
I use Neutragena Beach Defense on my neck and body with the same results.

Key to applying sunscreen: make sure that you do it about 30-60 minutes prior to going out. Most people wait until they are already outside, and sweating. Makes that first application less effective. I believe that the key is the first application soaking in pre-sweat…

Even with the high SPF, I still get some tanning. I know someone is going to comment that higher SPF sunscreen is only incrementally more effective than 30SPF. While that’s true, if it keeps me from burning, then it keeps me from getting more skin cancers down the road. Every little bit helps. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back