Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee-Rebrand-Helmets-Home-and-Away-610x455.jpg

Tennessee-Rebrand-Helmets-Alternate-610x455.jpg
Looney Tunes. I don’t care as much about the color but the Power T should be the only logo used on helmets,IMO

What's insane in thinking about the great forests in the Eastern US is that most are less than 100 years old since they were logged the last time. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk in Tennessee when it was still an old growth forest everywhere. We have a couple oaks/osage orange on the farm that were in an area they couldn't log, and those trees are massive.
Got to see Joyce Kilmer and Sky Lake in MS. Sky Lake has cypress trees they either couldn't get to or left because the tops had blow out of them. Incredible trees.

More than the old growth forests of the time you speak and the American chesnuts McGill mentioned, but the oak savannahs and grasslands of Tennessee would've also been a sight to behold. I dearly wish the politicians would let TWRA, Ruffed Grouse Society, NWTF, etc continue with their oak savannah restoration at Bridgestone.

Early settlers and explorers spoke and wrote of endless grasslands and savannahs with roaming herds of bison, elk, and deer as they moved towards Nashville on the plateau.

Got to see Joyce Kilmer and Sky Lake in MS. Sky Lake has cypress trees they either couldn't get to or left because the tops had blow out of them. Incredible trees.

More than the old growth forests of the time you speak and the American chesnuts McGill mentioned, but the oak savannahs and grasslands of Tennessee would've also been a sight to behold. I dearly wish the politicians would let TWRA, Ruffed Grouse Society, NWTF, etc continue with their oak savannah restoration at Bridgestone.

Early settlers and explorers spoke and wrote of endless grasslands and savannahs with roaming herds of bison, elk, and deer as they moved towards Nashville on the plateau.
I know a couple of things that TWRA has done in my lifetime. 1. brought back the deer population and 2, the turkeys.

Most people don't know but the deer population was almost nil in Middle Tn and the state for that matter, in the 50's and 60's ( I think wasting disease or something like that killed them off) and when I started deer hunting in the 70's it was a thrill to just see one and you NEVER saw a turkey. Now we have ample of both, so those projects have worked very well. We have both roaming the streets now in almost every city.

I know a couple of things that TWRA has done in my lifetime. 1. brought back the deer population and 2, the turkeys.

Most people don't know but the deer population was almost nil in Middle Tn and the state for that matter, in the 50's and 60's ( I think wasting disease or something like that killed them off) and when I started deer hunting in the 70's it was a thrill to just see one and you NEVER saw a turkey. Now we have ample of both, so those projects have worked very well. We have both roaming the streets now in almost every city.
Now we're at the point where an apex predator needs to be reintroduced to Tennessee. No the black bear is not an apex predator because they're too smart to hunt live prey for food

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back