Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
”Dumb” is a good word to describe Banks play at times last year , especially in pass coverage. He’s athletic enough to make some highlight plays a handful of plays every game but what about the 90% of the other plays. He graded poorly despite his ranking in tackles. He is at best average for SEC linebackers.

Lol

Then most of you didn’t watch them both play. The main reason you are saying that is because HT left us. If HT would have stayed he would have easily been our best LB. Take off the orange colored glasses.
That is not correct. Banks has been loyal. HT went to our most hated rival. It is also arguable who had the better year. My glasses are proudly orange but HT had a pretty unremarkable year.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

He can’t just tuck tail and run if things get hard in the league though
Well sure, that has nothing to do with the way the league views his talent, though. I've seen 3 separate mocks that currently have him in the 1st rd. And maybe it’s the "Alabama LB" stigma that has him there, but that isn't going to change over the next year.

My fears came true on the NIL thing. AP basically confirming Spyre has shut down recruiting efforts for now. Saban and Kirby got this done right before our big recruiting weekend.

Y’all hate banks but if he played in the 90s like the all time greats we had he wouldn’t be known as dirty… banks just plays very hard and is a true dog on the field you are gonna get an occasional 15 yard penalty in todays game when you play With that demeanor he improved in that area as the season went on and I think he will have an excellent year for us in year 2…
His penalties were rarely a result of simply playing past the whistle, though. They were usually the result of him not being smart enough to walk away. Don't confuse passion for a lack of discipline. Al Wilson was passionate. Kevin Burnett was passionate. I don't recall either having a reputation for collecting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on a regular basis. Maybe their talent overshadowed them in my memory, though.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Guys, I could use your prayers. Had to drive myself to the ER. Woke up in excruciating pain. They think it's a kidney stone. Never had one before. They've finally given me some meds so the pain is starting to subside a little.
Prayers your way invol. One thing I realize in the short time I have spent on earth. We all need prayers. Even those who don’t want them.

Amid a significant outcry from coaches and a new NCAA push toward regulating name, image and likeness deals, Notre Dame basketball coach Mike Brey has a message for his colleagues upset with an often chaotic process.
"[Coaches] have got to stop complaining," Brey said Tuesday at the ACC's annual spring meetings. "This is the world we're in, and last time I checked, we make pretty good money. So everybody should shut up and adjust."

I hate paying college athletes, but he’s right. Adapt or die……

Amid a significant outcry from coaches and a new NCAA push toward regulating name, image and likeness deals, Notre Dame basketball coach Mike Brey has a message for his colleagues upset with an often chaotic process.
"[Coaches] have got to stop complaining," Brey said Tuesday at the ACC's annual spring meetings. "This is the world we're in, and last time I checked, we make pretty good money. So everybody should shut up and adjust."

I hate paying college athletes, but he’s right. Adapt or die……
"Shut up and adjust" said to coaches is the new "shut up and dribble" said to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back