Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're surprised that a Georgia fan would want it pushed back under the table? Kirby Smart graduated from the Nick Saban School on How to Cheat and Get Away With It.
Kirby learned about the vertical integration of cheating and what it takes to make it work bottom to top from the Bama system which was already in place before Saban...Saban just refined and perfected "The Process" because the Bama boosters were sick of losing to us and united and went all in with him.

UGAs boosters were sick of underachieving under Richt, saw what it took by watching Bama, and similarly united and went all in with Smart

It only works if the NCAA and SEC give their blessing by completely ignoring what you do, and in the case of officials, actively helping.

Our mistake was in hiring the stupid Bammer. I don't think Smart is a great coach, but he ain't a imbecilic moron like Pruitt.

Last edited:
I think NIL plus an expanded playoff could be a great equalizer that will create far more parity than the previous setup.

Heupel’s positive response to NIL and how it’s teaching responsibility to kids and how it forms an impact to their actions was very eye opening. I may have hated it but amateurism is dead, but maybe some positivity can be found in a new approach. I’m just glad we gave folks that are thinking forward.
Agreed...I hated it too, but the old system is completely rigged in favor of 4-5 chosen schools, and we would have never had a chance....I hate that worse.

If it's not fair to us, then I want it burned to the ground.

Petty. You may not like Banks but what would it have looked like if he wasn’t there? Like I’ve said before, we hate our own like no other and it’s disgusting sometimes.
Yep….. if he played for another SEC school…. We would be dying to bring him in as a transfer.

This one time, up in the Smokies, I saw a Sasquatch holding a cottonmouth.

c53015051b4bb519ec4f50d90c509ed7.gif
You missed it stepping out of the UFO with Elvis...I saw it with my own eyes..

Reactions: VOLSONLY and Weezer
If the universities are involved in cheating that is one thing. I am talking administration. Then you have to deal with that. But booster chasing and then penalizing the school is just BS. Most administrations aren’t cheating and cannot possibly be expected to control grown men and women that are not working for the university. Bottom line without NIL, money still flows under the table and you will never convince be that Bama and Georgia don’t do what they want. People acting like players getting money is some new thing. Who does the NCAA think they are fooling? Their rulings have rarely been consistent. Miami got hand slapped with plenty of evidence. North Carolina got hand slapped. College football and sports in general could do better. The NCAA was never in front of the curve and now they want everyone to comply to their thinking and now want to put it back in the box. Most players just want go to school and study and play ball and get a degree. Some of the top players are working the system for what they can get. But folks acting like the old system was fair are full of it. The bama’s and Georgia’s don’t want the playing field more level. They want to keep their under the table advantages and the cronies protecting them. They want to keep their usual booster watch board on the payroll.
Exactly

Petty. You may not like Banks but what would it have looked like if he wasn’t there? Like I’ve said before, we hate our own like no other and it’s disgusting sometimes.

The opposite is also true. And I’m as guilty of it as the next guy, but one hype article about a kid coming out of high school and we’re convinced he’s an all American even when he hasn’t seen the field in 3+ years over multiple coaching staffs.

Same for assistant coaches really. One 10 year old hype video, and some folks on here still can’t understand why Osovet isn’t a head coach in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouderVol
Anybody been to St Augustine? What did you think of it?
If you are like me and love history and historic buildings...it is awesome....otherwise skip it and go somewhere else you like.

Jack's review is garbage because of that distinction...the dummy didn't even mention the historic.

I was thinking about introducing cobras to my neighborhood so it feels more like home. Please advise.
Use Great Value Brand cobras, the Eastern hognose. A native solution to a cultural yearning for flat-necked serpents. Follow that by stocking your local pond with bowfin instead of snakeheads.

Just me and the wife

I live 40 minutes from there and that's my go to beach spot. St. Augustine beach is much more chill than Jax Beach. Downtown St Augustine is awesome. Columbia restaurant is great but you need to make reservations now. My wife and I love Harry's seafood right by the Bridge of Lions. You should also try The Conch House. You will not be bored. Tons to do

Love St Augustine. Best of both worlds. Historical sites to visit and great beach to relax on. They state that they are the oldest city in America. Castille De San Marcos Fort, Largest Aligator Farm. Oldest School House etc. Fountain of youth (I need to get back to refresh). We have camped Anastasia State Park as well as stayed at Hotels. Raccoons tried to steal our food when camping. Enjoy
Good review..

I live 40 minutes from there and that's my go to beach spot. St. Augustine beach is much more chill than Jax Beach. Downtown St Augustine is awesome. Columbia restaurant is great but you need to make reservations now. My wife and I love Harry's seafood right by the Bridge of Lions. You should also try The Conch House. You will not be bored. Tons to do
Another good review..

Just me and the wife
Ah ok. So yeah. Ghost tour, distillery. Prohibition for lunch. Columbia for dinner (make reservations). There are plenty of bars all around. White lion, No Name are two on the north end. Plenty of rooftop types within old town with live music. Pirate museum is raw. You used to be able to buy medieval weapons... Idk if that store is still there, it was in the middle of old town.

If anyone tells you about a British pub on the other side of the bridge of lions, don't do it. It's not a British pub at all. It does have karaoke and glow in the dark stuff and there's a guy that sells beer horns and kilts that runs around over there. Odd place.

Reactions: ACvol3
it's there. pretty uneventful. lot's of upper middle shopping and new buildings made to look old. beaches are S GA/N FL.

Not near as warm as even 2 hours farther South. Its retirement du jour. Not impressed at all. New Smyrna is tops hands down.
Isn't it one of the oldest cities in the US? My sister loved it and I would think that there is a lot of history there.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back