Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not your bud, pal.

You're not from Tennessee are you? If you had grown up here, you would have heard stories of them. Of course, that's not pictures, but you would have most likely come across one had you grown up here.

Of course my book learnin' surely ain't as good as yours, so there's no way I coulda seent one.

I'm not here to convince you, I really don't care if you believe it or not. Just because it's not in one of your books or any record of a documented population doesn't mean there aren't any here. Just because you don't believe it or have yet to see It first hand also doesn't mean there have never been any here.

It would be easier if you just came out and said, directly, what you're trying to passively say, which is, "I'm smarter than you and you're a liar."
OIP.UQAqd1l2YfeUhpo2wnjtqwHaIt

@Enki_Amenra I really don't want to do this all night. But you're putting a lot of words in my mouth and painting me as someone I'm not, doing things I'm not. Even going so far as to question whether or not I'm a Tennessean (which is pretty bold because we are on a Vols forum where 99% of us are or have been Tennesseans).

As I scientist, I cannot believe your word alone and its very unlikely what you claimed is true. I say that as a subject-matter expert. I am not calling you a liar.

I don't think you're a dumb redneck, and I never said that. I'm a proud hillbilly/redneck myself that became a scientist. I don't think I'm smarter than everyone else. I know what I know and what I'm an expert in.

I probably won't say more unless this just continues with unnecessary vitriol.

What at your thoughts on anecdotal population clusters? Ex. the ridge I live on between Knoxville and Nashville was once known as “rattlesnake ridge” due to the number of snakes found in the area.

I am over it all. At this point I just want a even playing field with the Chosen 4-5 programs who have paid whatever they wanted and did whatever tbey wanted while everybody else that tries gets punished...not to mention the rigged favorable officiating.

Either make it fair, or burn it all to the f'n ground.
I think NIL plus an expanded playoff could be a great equalizer that will create far more parity than the previous setup.

Heupel’s positive response to NIL and how it’s teaching responsibility to kids and how it forms an impact to their actions was very eye opening. I may have hated it but amateurism is dead, but maybe some positivity can be found in a new approach. I’m just glad we gave folks that are thinking forward.

What at your thoughts on anecdotal population clusters? Ex. the ridge I live on between Knoxville and Nashville was once known as “rattlesnake ridge” due to the number of snakes found in the area.
Yes, you get population clusters in favorable habitat within a range. Ridges typically have rocky outcrops which are essential denning habitat for timber rattlesnakes. So the density of the population may be higher in that area, or during certain times of year when they're coming back to breed, give birth, or brumate (hibernate). You can find them throughout the state, but the density is not the same throughout the state.

View attachment 453971
So everyone, asking for some prayers please. Our daughter has Metopic craniosynostosis. It is the ridge in the front of her forehead. The skull fused too fast in the womb and will cause complications with brain growth if unfixed. The surgery will last about 6 hours. They’re gonna cut ear to ear and restructure her skull. They said it’s basically carpentry for the skull. She’s gonna look pretty bad initially from the swelling but it will go away in a few days. This surgery will prevent pressure from her brain and allow normal growth in the frontal lobes. It’s 99% successful. We are both comfortable with it as we can be after discussing it with the doctor at Vandy. We will stay in the ICU for 4-5 days. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted with any updates. Y’all guys are awesome man. Much love to all! GBO
Sorry you all are having to go through all of this but thankful for doctors who can make a little ones better. Prayers for your family.

I’ve got an update. So, they cancelled our surgery for tomorrow because they don’t have enough beds to keep her overnight the next few nights. So it is moved to next Tuesday. I appreciate all the love and prayers and would love for them to continue until her surgery next week and will post updates when I can. Much love to all!

Prayers headed your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back