Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 453971
So everyone, asking for some prayers please. Our daughter has Metopic craniosynostosis. It is the ridge in the front of her forehead. The skull fused too fast in the womb and will cause complications with brain growth if unfixed. The surgery will last about 6 hours. They’re gonna cut ear to ear and restructure her skull. They said it’s basically carpentry for the skull. She’s gonna look pretty bad initially from the swelling but it will go away in a few days. This surgery will prevent pressure from her brain and allow normal growth in the frontal lobes. It’s 99% successful. We are both comfortable with it as we can be after discussing it with the doctor at Vandy. We will stay in the ICU for 4-5 days. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted with any updates. Y’all guys are awesome man. Much love to all! GBO
went through a similar scare with my son.

She is beautiful my friend. Praying for her, and your family.

Don't dis the breakfast bar. Why you'd eat anything else at Shoney's is beyond me, but the breakfast bar is sacred.
Half a pound of ground round, onion rings, Strawberry pie. My go to order when I was 10 or 12. That was 50 years ago so things "might" have changed......it's been awhile.

Reactions: drvenner
View attachment 453971
So everyone, asking for some prayers please. Our daughter has Metopic craniosynostosis. It is the ridge in the front of her forehead. The skull fused too fast in the womb and will cause complications with brain growth if unfixed. The surgery will last about 6 hours. They’re gonna cut ear to ear and restructure her skull. They said it’s basically carpentry for the skull. She’s gonna look pretty bad initially from the swelling but it will go away in a few days. This surgery will prevent pressure from her brain and allow normal growth in the frontal lobes. It’s 99% successful. We are both comfortable with it as we can be after discussing it with the doctor at Vandy. We will stay in the ICU for 4-5 days. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted with any updates. Y’all guys are awesome man. Much love to all! GBO

She’s beautiful. Much prayer for everyone involved and success.

They won't be able to do anything to the athletes or collectives, but the school itself 😬...Sankey won't hesitate to punish us...
Any good lawyer should be able to tie school punishment to reducing the amount the athletes will receive through NIL. In fact if I were a school facing any NCAA punishment, I would remind the NCAA of this.

View attachment 453971
Prayers sent for a successful surgery and recovery!!

Put your readers on grandpa. I said the State of Tennessee. There have been multiple reports in the Tennessee river but those are in Kentucky and Alabama. We count them as a species found in Tennessee even though there has never been a report because of where else they have been found throughout the Tennessee River System and how far North they have been reported
Listen here jackwad, if bull sharks migrated up the Mississippi River would they have not been in Tennessee waters portion of the Mississippi River? Sheese! Did you fail geography? And you call yourself a college gradiate.

View attachment 453971
May the good Lord bless and keep you all, especially that bundle of adorable.

View attachment 453971
She’s precious, praying!

View attachment 453971
Man! I hate it especially hate it when the little ones are hurting. God bless all of y'all and guide the surgeon's hands.

Yahoo sports coming after Saban and Kirby:

And now that at long last NIL means "now it's legal" for college athletes to be compensated and the NCAA's shamateurism has finally gone away, league commissioners and coaches are crying foul.
Like the inept, behind-the-times organization it has been for decades.

the NCAA had years to get in front of this situation before giving it the green light, and let's not be dumb. Even if the group had set limits on the money kids could get, boosters would have found ways around it, just as they have for years.
Some of the people grumbling loudest about the situation aren't surprising, but are definitely people who have no place to talk and are telling on themselves.
Alabama coach Nick Saban and Georgia coach Kirby Smart are among those calling for more regulation — of players, to be clear. Far as we can tell, neither has ever called for regulation on coaching salaries or restriction of player movement, or groused about how "out of control" it is that head coaches can get boosters to pay off their mortgages or get bonuses for their players' grade-point averages and graduation rates.
You know, getting rich off other people's work. Like how it's always been for NCAA coaches and the athletes they purport to develop into men and women.

It's interesting that football coaches like Saban and Smart would be so adamant that something just has to change. And by "interesting," we mean it reeks of sour grapes. The playing field in FBS has never truly been level, but now some schools who haven't been heavy hitters in recent years, like Miami or Texas and even HBCUs, can compete with Alabama and Georgia for the top players, and they don't like it.

NCAA: NIL is here to stay, despite coaches whining (yahoo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back