Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind... thought that was the infamous rap star from twitter. I think they are related though, and that'd make sense as the guy who requested me works for a security outfit in Knoxville which could allow Andy access to some of these events with vols players.

I have two questions for you mother -to-be.
1. What are your plans for the placenta? I have read it can be of great benefit for medical purposes.
2. And most importantly, aren't you going to be missing out on one of life's great pleasures..............the breast milk?

1. I am going to take my hot plate to the hospital and intend to make grilled cheese and placenta sammiches.
2. It is a well known fact that when men lactate, they excrete whiskey and not milk..... So we are going to party.

Skip forward to just after 4:30
For those who like film breakdown, you can see Hendo's development from just not a very good qb, to pretty darn good under Heupel's tutelage, I forget that he nor his teammates were familiar with this system, now the whole team understands and can jump on a weakness during hurry up

Another g1

These are excellent for the people like me who love football but never played long enough to learn detailed concepts, etc. Thanks!

View attachment 447217[/QUOTE]
How is taking an upperclassman highly sought after OL transfer desperate?

They do get a ton of blue chips but they can't all be winners.

I get that they are our rivals and it makes us feel better to pretend like they're slipping. But then taking a fully developed, very experienced SEC starter for their OL doesn't make me feel better about the state of Alabama Football.
I said they were desperate for a LB last year. Remember announcers talking about how weak the position was and wondering how that could be with the fact that they got almost every player they went after (not HT) year after year. But then again the recruiting services admitted to giving rating bumps to players Saban went after because the odds were they would do better just because they played in his system with the best coaches at each position. So then my next thought was well maybe it isn’t true that he always gets the best players who will always develop because he has the best coaches. It seems like the fact that coaches keep leaving after one year is having an effect on development. He no longer has solid two to three deep at every position.
Just my opinion. Although I have heard others say things like this and not just by rival fans that just want it to be true. Not sure why this is bothering you so much. But, yes, if he in fact has weaknesses at positions he should then go to the portal.

A winning baseball team in March and April is great, but I’d rather have the BaseVols winning in May and June.

23 game winning streaks and #1 rankings don’t matter very much if you don’t win in Omaha.
You do realize that you can just enjoy having a winning team that is no longer one of the doormats of major college baseball..right? It does matter whether they win the title or not.

I want to win titles, but I also want consistently competitive programs that are not embarrassments.

SweetasSoda said:
I said they were desperate for a LB last year. Remember announcers talking about how weak the position was and wondering how that could be with the fact that they got almost every player they went after (not HT) year after year. But then again the recruiting services admitted to giving rating bumps to players Saban went after because the odds were they would do better just because they played in his system with the best coaches at each position. So then my next thought was well maybe it isn’t true that he always gets the best players who will always develop because he has the best coaches. It seems like the fact that coaches keep leaving after one year is having an effect on development. He no longer has solid two to three deep at every position.
Just my opinion. Although I have heard others say things like this and not just by rival fans that just want it to be true. Not sure why this is bothering you so much. But, yes, if he in fact has weaknesses at positions he should then go to the portal.

You brought up some good and agreeable points. I was being pissy because the Vols lost.

I hate that this system allows Saban to cherry-pick the best talent from lesser teams, but you're right, if their scouting/recruiting was elite they wouldn't be looking around.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Which has been the problem with nearly all of those great teams that had big regular season win streaks - they didn't win the ring.

Hope we look back at yesterday and see it as the kick in the arse they needed to realize they have to get to work, to overcome adversity, and to not let up when it matters whether it be the first inning or the last. Every opponent they face will now be using every junk ball pitcher they have on them the rest of the season because they saw our hitters be so undisciplined with dumb approaches at the plate.
Do you really believe this is the first junkballer they have seen this year?

They didn't "let up"...they just had an off night at the plate...it f'n happens.

And chances are they will not win the NC...it is not going to be because they suck, or are undisciplined...it will be because the other team is also a good team, and played better that day.

You brought up some good and agreeable points. I was being pissy because the Vols lost.

I hate that this system allows Saban to cherry-pick the best talent from lesser teams, but you're right, if their scouting/recruiting was elite they wouldn't be looking around.
What really sucks is we wanted Steen, too, but he picked Bama.

And you’re right. Saban will always go get better players. Not sure why we’re arguing lol.

Reactions: BigSteve09
What really sucks is we wanted Steen, too, but he picked Bama.
and that GT RB...

Everyone was after that LSU CB that went to Bama too

or UGA's best WR

They don't NEED these players, but they continue to improve their team. Evil empire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back