Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
this.

also, an issue with NFL.
Redzone fixes all of that.

Then again, doesn't MLB have something similar, like a "league pass"?

Granted, this obviously doesn't help the casual fan, but hardcore fans love that stuff. NFL Redzone is the greatest thing I've ever seen come to the NFL.

I don’t read here everyday; therefore, I don’t know if this has been discussed. If is true that they have Nico Lamaleava with a 8 million dollar NIL deal, would that not cause the coaching staff to have to play him? It is similar to the NFL in having a franchise paid QB at 30 mil a year compared to the backup making 2 mil a year but is playing better. I guess since it is truly an outside institution paying the bill it is not quite the same, but I could see that leading to issues with player disgruntlement. I can also see where a college coach has more leverage than an NFL because it is not affecting the institution that he is employed by and just could let him sit on the bench. He would still be getting the money, but not producing on yhe field. What if the starter is getting a $50,000, but the backup is getting $200,000 to sit the bench. The separation of the coach from the institution paying the bill probably makes that easier to manage than a GM and coach in the NFL, but to think that institution wouldn’t put pressure on the coaching staff about future interactions between the 2 is naive.

No.

The payor is not the university, such as in the NFL, nor even a large corporate entity that could potentially control the staff's decisions. It is essentially a group of fans and donors that only have winning as their priority. Therefore, the people that control his NiL rights (and likely the other QBs) have no interest in this guy or that guy playing...WINNING and winning big is the only interest.

First off that's probably a heavily inflated number and BS.
Second off "they" aren't the university or coaching staff. So whoever "they" are that would be paying that NIL wouldn't be responsible for the amount of playing time Nico received.
Someone posted that the $8mm is the guarantee to the player. It is able to be fully recouped by the collective up to that amount.

Anything above that amount, the player earns 90% and collective receives 10%.

So $8mm is apparently the minimum, no ceiling.

7th...and yet some stars still get quarter billion dollar contracts, and even bit players are multi-millionaires..must not be doing that bad..🤷‍♂️
Jmo but that tweet is not accurate at all afaik. Maybe 7th most popular worldwide.

Baseball is pretty well regarded as the 2nd/3rd most popular pro sport in the US according to viewership. Maybe they were looking at youth popularity, demographics, or just misquoted.

I could definitely see it as the #4 sport within this generation if trends continue, but 7th at this very moment is ludicrous.

Wow. Just heard his standup on Sirius the other day. It was great.

My favorite moment of his is when he went on some cooking show...he made it through various stages cooking basic meals, just doing them very well. The championship round comes...last 2...the other person cooked some magnificent feast. This MFer cooked a grilled cheese sandwich 😅🤣😂 he had my wife and I crying in tears justifying his grilled cheese sandwich, which btw looked fantastic. Ofc he lost and he just couldn't understand why. It was comedy gold.

R.I.P.

The theme is "wooden bat night"
Y'all lobbing up softballs around here.

1649793715064-gif.447099

Laylat al-Qadar is right around the corner, I hope it gets the rock treatment too!

While it sounds like an important date for Islam, I don't know that it quite compares with the level of importance that Easter holds for Christians. Also, considering that 0.2% of the population of Tennessee identifies as Muslim I would be inclined to say that the rock isn't likely to get the same treatment for Laylat al-Qadar. Just going out on a limb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back