Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If refs don't get involved the way they did in the first 10 minutes of the second half, UT might have done to Arkansas what UK did to UT at Rupp.
I watched it several time this year with teams, not just Tennessee. When one team gets out to a commanding lead the officials seem to intentionally try and keep the game from getting to "embarrassing" out of hand.

That’s just excuses….. the refs didn’t cause this

The lineup was a mess because our bigs were in foul trouble. It was officiated better than most games this year, but there is just no consistency in the college game anymore.

Barnes was having to rotate bigs every few minutes because of foul issues, so it affects the game. Arkansas was in the bonus with 12 minutes left.

And played equally as bad to lose it in the blink of an eye. It’s ok to admit that they played great to build the lead and embarrassingly bad the way they blew it. Both can be true. Yes, the win is the goal and that’s great. Goes without saying.

The word “embarrassing” is just too easy to use. We beat a top 15 team; there are a lot of other things that I think are embarrassing.

W

Pathetic officiating to start the second half. I guess they talked to Birmingham. Grabbing arms and bodies is a foul and Arky does it every single game and gets away with it for most of every single game. I do admire their focus and effort as a team to claw back like they did. They are tough.

Our freshmen G's looked like freshmen G's at times. Chandler has a mental block on FT's and that's not good for G's.

Barmes to players Monday - the court is over >>>>. FT's until your arms fall off.

W

Pathetic officiating to start the second half. I guess they talked to Birmingham. Grabbing arms and bodies is a foul and Arky does it every single game and gets away with it for most of every single game. I do admire their focus and effort as a team to claw back like they did. They are tough.

Our freshmen G's looked like freshmen G's at times. Chandler has a mental block on FT's and that's not good for G's.

Barmes to players Monday - the court is over >>>>. FT's until your arms fall off.
Did we win the game?

Baylor has 6 stolen bases and still in the first inning. I hope it’s on the pitcher because if it on Evans we may be in for a long year.

Did we win the game?

Makes a person wonder at times.

People are disappointed about how it looked like it would be a blow out and wasn't. Arky adjusted well at half. We didn't. Backside D rebounding stunk along with the FT shooting.

But yeah - good W against a good team that had beaten us previously. Second place in the SEC on the season is fantastic. High seed in the dance is fantastic. Enjoy the ride!

I've lost 10 years off my life being a Vol fan.
I can tell you how to add the years back. Just record every Tennessee event and when the game is over, check the score and watch the recording if we won and delete the recording if we lose. Been doing this for years and my stress level is under control :):)

I watched it several time this year with teams, not just Tennessee. When one team gets out to a commanding lead the officials seem to intentionally try and keep the game from getting to "embarrassing" out of hand.
TSSAA does the same thing. They did it when I played and do it now. I have some friends that ref for TSSAA and they told me it's on purpose.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back