Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea it might create too much parity and they can’t have that. Next thing ya know, more than 6 teams are good.
Nope its too big of a legal risk. Putting in a rule that forces an injured player to play through an injury, and then they get hurt worse opens up all kinds of holes for lawsuits in this sue happy world. Imagine AT with his ankle injury refuses to come off the field after he tweaks it because of the rule, then breaks his ankle, he goes to the draft and teams dont draft him because his injury was bad. Whatever rule was put into place just cost him millions.
The bigger issue is offenses that rely on pace vs execution. How about having the playcalling and execution to beat your opponent vs only being able to move the ball when theyre mis aligned.

This is simple…. Hold out ALL INJURED players for the rest of the series… that way they get help if they’re actually hurt and nobody says well you can’t make a rule because they’re hurt, you can’t judge who’s injured or not whatever… Then it’ll make the Kiffins of the world look stupid
my goodness it's that simple. instead let's run the clock!! that wasnt even an issue.

This is simple…. Hold out ALL INJURED players for the rest of the series… that way they get help if they’re actually hurt and nobody says well you can’t make a rule because they’re hurt, you can’t judge who’s injured or not whatever… Then it’ll make the Kiffins of the world look stupid
Ok. So 2 D lineman go down..... A team is down to a walk on that weighs 260ponds to play DT against UGA. Then it becomes a player safety issue.

If they are injured, they'll go down. It's how football has always been played. There is a difference between being injured and hurt.
You cant guarantee that.
Most will get butthurt and disagree, but the bigger issues is offenses that rely more on the gimmick of tempo than execution. Execute better and faking injuries dont matter. But yall arent ready for that conversation.

Not really. Have a rotation of 4 main guys. One goes down the week prior, two go down in that game. Youre down to the 3rd string with walk ons to fill in.
Did you ever play?

Good grief, such a silly argument to make. You know what happens if your players aren't as good or prepared as well as mine?

Or.....player doesnt go down because they know they have to sit, then get hurt worse.
Lol what? Give me a single hypothetical where that would happen.

Any injury where literally walking to the sideline is going to make it worse, they weren't going to be able to play the remainder of the drive anyway.

You cant guarantee that.
Most will get butthurt and disagree, but the bigger issues is offenses that rely more on the gimmick of tempo than execution. Execute better and faking injuries dont matter. But yall arent ready for that conversation.
Yeah, they shouldve never allowed the forward pass gimmick either.

Lol what? Give me a single hypothetical where that would happen.

Any injury where literally walking to the sideline is going to make it worse, they weren't going to be able to play the remainder of the drive anyway.
Like I said earlier. Player sprains his ankle, doesnt go off because he knows he cant come back. Stays on the field ends up tearing a ligament. Goes to the draft ends up un drafted due to injury concerns. New rule just cost a kid millions.

Like I said earlier. Player sprains his ankle, doesnt go off because he knows he cant come back. Stays on the field ends up tearing a ligament. Goes to the draft ends up un drafted due to injury concerns. New rule just cost a kid millions.
It is the game and that's a decision HE made at that point. You don't agree that people should endure the consequences of their own decisions, while they know the risk? Or do you think everyone should have a babysitter to hold their hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back