Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Score was 78-75 Vandy, with 29 seconds left. I think staying up by 3 and eating 10-15 more seconds off the clock and trying to force them to foul helps more than going up 5 and there still being 25+ seconds left.

View attachment 436703

So to end it Pippen gets blocked, Wright turns it over out of a timeout, Fleming nails a 3 (same guy who blocked Pippen), Pippen draws a foul and misses the front end of the 1 & 1, Castleton rebounds it then ices it at the free throw line.

Still can't fathom what Pippen was thinking joining Vandy. There are a metric ton of good basketball schools to choose from and many have academics that are as good or better than Vandy. Unless he simply wanted to live in Nashville, Vanderbilt really doesn't offer anything he couldn't get some place else.

Still can't fathom what Pippen was thinking joining Vandy. There are a metric ton of good basketball schools to choose from and many have academics that are as good or better than Vandy. Unless he simply wanted to live in Nashville, Vanderbilt really doesn't offer anything he couldn't get some place else.

He really wasn’t recruited by many high level schools.

Zakai will be fine (if I had to choose when our fire happened it would've been when I was still in college and was in a great support environment and had very few things that couldn't be easily replaced) but his parents are going to need a lot of help and support along the way. I still only have a handful of possessions and am stuck with mostly hand me downs that my cousin and family friends gave me. Short of being made a war refugee, few things in life take everything you have all at once with no hope of ever getting it back.

The media doesn't care about feel good stories. Rarely do you see anything on the nightly news about something good happening in the community. Blood, guts and gore----that's what sells and gets clicks. It's a shame but this is where the world is today

I think there is a difference between tv and print media. I’ve heard print media people say that “feel good” stories do get more clicks.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Probably a connection between Stackhouse and his dad if I had to guess. And maybe believed Stack could develop him.

Reactions: UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back