Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was never that good.
He has shown flashes of brilliance. He almost single handedly put the team on his back 2 years ago at Kentucky. He scored 27 points and we came back from 17 points down. I think people saw that and got excited that he was putting it all together finally. We haven’t seen that same Fulkerson the last 2 years though. He doesn’t even look at the basket when he gets the ball, he is only looking to pass. It’s frustrating knowing what he is capable of.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
He has shown flashes of brilliance. He almost single handedly put the team on his back 2 years ago at Kentucky. He scored 27 points and we cam back from 17 points down. I think people saw that and got excited that he was putting it all together finally. We haven’t seen that same Fulkerson the last 2 years though. He doesn’t even look at the basket when he gets the ball, he is only looking to pass. It’s frustrating knowing what he is capable of.

What sucks is we finally saw it again vs Arizona then he got covid again. It’s like each time he and JJJ find their game they get hurt or sick. Olivia was starting to become the player Barnes always said he would be then gets hurt. Always makes me sick for kids when that stuff happens

Have any of you guys got a vasectomy and experienced bad pain on the left side? I had one done yesterday and the right side feels fine but I have constant pain in the left. I’ve been icing 20-30 mins on to 10-15 off and taking my medicine.
Yes the left side it what gave me problems. Felt like I had been racked on the left for about a couple of weeks.

Isn’t it weird that he won defensive player of the year for the state of Georgia then? Reminds me of Worley winning Gatorade player of the year

I mean it’s a loaded state. Speaks to his talent so no it’s not weird. UGA will miss some in recruiting sometimes too. Hopefully they missed bad on their eval of this kid and we get a star. I think we got two gems in this guy and Pearce. Finally got a couple twitched up guys on the edge. Outside of Young we don’t have any of that.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Ask your PCP to refer you to a doctor who treats nerve pain. There are at least 20 meds that could help. I think that there’s one that will help everyone. Just have to find the right one for you.
I would also ask for a referral for an ultrasound to see if there is an unresolved hematoma or scar tissue entrapping that nerve. If so, an ultrasound guided steroid injection into the scar or hematoma can help dissolve it, thus releasing the nerve.

Injection in your Balls. Sounds lovely

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I mean it’s a loaded state. Speaks to his talent so no it’s not weird. UGA will miss some in recruiting sometimes too. Hopefully they missed bad on their eval of this kid and we get a star. I think we got two gems in this guy and Pearce. Finally got a couple twitched up guys on the edge. Outside of Young we don’t have any of that.
As I said before. Coaches n the Atlanta area said they could not block him and that he should be very good in college.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He was never that good.

Fulky is basically the UT version of two NBA players who had their careers altered by injuries. Derrick Rose & Grant Hill

No he's not on their level, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is John Fulkerson's career at UT will always be a "what-if" like those two NBA players. Because of all the injuries and then COVID twice. So saying "he was never that good" is just a bit too harsh, one reason guys like Grant, Admiral, Bone, and even Kyle were able to develop like they did was how healthy they were able to remain.

People forget how good John was playing before he dislocated his right elbow and fractured his right wrist as a freshmen. In 10 games he was averaging 16 mpg, 4.7 ppg, 4.6 rbpg, 1.0 apg, 1.1 spg, 0.9 bpg. That set him back a good bit and his next two seasons he didn't average more than 15 mpg.

Fulky is basically the UT version of two NBA players who had their careers altered by injuries. Derrick Rose & Grant Hill

No he's not on their level, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is John Fulkerson's career at UT will always be a "what-if" like those two NBA players. Because of all the injuries and then COVID twice. So saying "he was never that good" is just a bit too harsh, one reason guys like Grant, Admiral, Bone, and even Kyle were able to develop like they did was how healthy they were able to remain.

People forget how good John was playing before he dislocated his right elbow and fractured his right wrist as a freshmen. In 10 games he was averaging 16 mpg, 4.7 ppg, 4.6 rbpg, 1.0 apg, 1.1 spg, 0.9 bpg. That set him back a good bit and his next two seasons he didn't average more than 15 mpg.

I think a lot of Fulky's shortcomings have to do with the fact that he hasn't improved at all since his all SEC season. His game is predictable. He has a small array of moves that everybody can anticipate if you've watched him enough. Teams figured out how to guard him and he hasn't done anything to overcome it. He never developed an outside shot. Never developed a perimeter game.

Ask your PCP to refer you to a doctor who treats nerve pain. There are at least 20 meds that could help. I think that there’s one that will help everyone. Just have to find the right one for you.
I would also ask for a referral for an ultrasound to see if there is an unresolved hematoma or scar tissue entrapping that nerve. If so, an ultrasound guided steroid injection into the scar or hematoma can help dissolve it, thus releasing the nerve.

For future treatment advice related to the scrotal area, may I recommend the spoiler tag?

Biggest jerk in the entire hospital where my wife works is a general surgeon. He left his wife to marry a nurse who also left her husband. The surgeon is about 35 - 40 years her senior. You see their pictures you think it's an old man posing with his granddaughter. I'm amazed at how poorly he treats people that work there. His patients love him though.

My wife learned in clinicals about doctors not caring for people. Had a girl come in that had been in a wreck. Girl was conscious and talking. They ordered a chest xray for her. When they rolled her on her side to put the cassette under her a rib that had been broken by the steering wheel punctured her heart. She said the ER doc acted like it was the biggest inconvenience for him to actually work on her. Like how dare you bother me while I'm doing nothing. He made very little effort to help her. Called her time of death and went back to his break like it was nothing.
shocker

I think a lot of Fulky's shortcomings have to do with the fact that he hasn't improved at all since his all SEC season. His game is predictable. He has a small array of moves that everybody can anticipate if you've watched him enough. Teams figured out how to guard him and he hasn't done anything to overcome it. He never developed an outside shot. Never developed a perimeter game.

If I recall, he had a decent mid range shot in 2020. But he won't take any now. I think it's more physical and sometimes maybe aggression. He just can't overpower anyone at that position and sometimes gets bullied. I would also say 6 years is a lot of time to play, but he did sign up for it. I can see him getting bored at times and letting other players win games.

Why? Sounds like he is a terrible human who got caught in an inappropriate situation that almost cost him his job. Not the kind of guy I'd be siding with.
It's super crazy how every time an AD wants to fire a coach (and maybe skimp on some money), that coach becomes the worst human being since Hitler lol. What a coincidence.

I don't mind his lack of jump shooting or trying to change to be something he's not offensively. My biggest complaint is that he just doesn't rebound well enough. He seems to rarely box out and get position and is more willing to jump and tap balls rather than secure them for a rebound. If he rebounded as well as Santi or James with his size he would be pulling down 8 or more a game I think, but instead he's a career 4 a game guy. Even in his best season he wasn't getting over 6 on average. For a 6'8" to 6'9" guy that isn't a stretch jump shooting big that's not good enough to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back