Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is so full of crap. He is pissed that the Bama system is f'd now. They along with a few others like OSU, Clemson and UGA who getting away with industrialized cheating for a looooong time. His monopoly is broken.
I guess he never heard of Logan Young and Roy Adams (aka TennStud) and the FBI investigation. That deal got so bad that Logan mysteriously died falling down the stairs in his home

I guess he never heard of Logan Young and Roy Adams (aka TennStud) and the FBI investigation. That deal got so bad that Logan mysteriously died falling down the stairs in his home
I forgot about this...

Personal[edit]
Young graduated from Osceola High School in Osceola, Arkansas and then attended Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, during which time he befriended legendary Alabama football coach, Bear Bryant, through his father.[2] Young inherited an Arkansas food manufacturing company[3] and owned the Memphis Showboats, a United States Football League team in the 1980s.[4]

Alabama scandal[edit]
NCAA sanctions[edit]
During the 2000 season, an assistant football coach at Trezevant High School in Memphis claimed that Young had paid Lynn Lang, the Trezevant head football coach, approximately $150,000 to encourage defensive lineman Albert Means to sign with Alabama.[5] Following the investigation by the NCAA, Alabama received a five-year probation, a two-year bowl ban, and a reduced number of scholarships that the university could award—limiting them by twenty-one scholarships over the next three years.[6]

Alabama sanctions[edit]
Amid fears that the NCAA was considering hitting the school with a "death penalty," which would have shut down the football team for at least one year, Alabama permanently disassociated itself from Young in 2000. Alabama not only banned him from any involvement with the athletic program, but stripped him of his $40,000 luxury box at Bryant–Denny Stadium and canceled an insurance policy that would have paid $500,000 toward the Paul "Bear" Bryant Museum on campus upon Young's death.[2]

Young was convicted in federal court on conspiracy to commit racketeering, crossing state lines to commit racketeering, and arranging bank withdrawals to cover up a crime.[3] Young's defense claimed Lang, who was also convicted of a racketeering conspiracy, was motivated to testify against Young in exchange for a lighter sentence.[3] He was eventually sentenced to six months in jail, though he continued to firmly deny any wrongdoing.[7]

Death[edit]
On April 11, 2006, Young was found dead in his home in Memphis.[4] Originally thought to be a homicide due to the large amount of blood found throughout the house, local police concluded that Young's death was accidental.[8] This conclusion however is not without controversy due to the implausible explanation given by investigators. According to Homicide Lt. Joe Scott in a press conference, Young tripped while carrying a salad and soft drink up a set of stairs and hit his head on an iron railing. The fall onto the railing opened a large gash across the top of Young's head, causing him to drop to the floor bleeding profusely. After lying on the floor for some time, Young got up and walked bleeding through several rooms of his spacious, two-story house before ending up in his second-floor bedroom. According to Scott, Young walked past several telephones but didn't place an emergency call.

An appeal of the federal conviction on money laundering and conspiracy charges was pending when Young died.[9]

Not my rule…it’s their rule…and the Giants were idiots in how they handled it. What makes it worse is that Flores was fired after allegedly being told to tank and then eventually just missing the playoffs. I’m not saying what you are suggesting. But if all of that comes out as true, it’s ass backwards.
Haslam is probably shaking in his boots too. Supposedly, there's documentation that he paid coaches a bonus to tank so Cleveland would be assured of getting the first NFL pick. Not saying it doesn't happen with any team trying to get that first pick but it's dumb to have it on record. This could get ugly for the NFL if this whole issue winds up in court.

Shouldn’t we just assume that he is lying though? This board said that Walter Nolen was lying when he said what he said about TN and NIL. So obviously this guy is lying right?

Idk what the board said, but I don’t think Nolen was lying. I just think he wanted up front money and no commitment or long term stipulations and I think Walter Nolen got 50k in November plus some additional money now and I’d love for someone to follow up this fall and see where he lives and where his family lives. My guess is he’s going to do some NIL work with a real estate company in college station.

Haslam is probably shaking in his boots too. Supposedly, there's documentation that he paid coaches a bonus to tank so Cleveland would be assured of getting the first NFL pick. Not saying it doesn't happen with any team trying to get that first pick but it's dumb to have it on record. This could get ugly for the NFL if this whole issue winds up in court.
I don't see the legal issue. As long as he didn't fire the coach for having a bad record in the year he asked him to tank, there's nothing illegal about it. If anything, it further validates the firing that you gave him some first overall picks and in subsequent years he still couldn't win.

However, it is a horrible look for him and the NFL if tanking is officially documented.

Baylor must pay pretty well.
I live in Tennessee but I work for a company out of Houston. The people down there will spend their money on anything they want. One guy built a 100x150 steel structure party barn, with a bar and sleeping areas for his friends, in his back yard because he wanted a place everyone could get hammered and stay when they would come over. Then his buddies decided they needed one too in order to not look so bad. We sold 4 to a friend group. Big money Texas peeps don't play around my friends.

I don't see the legal issue. As long as he didn't fire the coach for having a bad record in the year he asked him to tank, there's nothing illegal about it. If anything, it further validates the firing that you gave him some first overall picks and in subsequent years he still couldn't win.

However, it is a horrible look for him and the NFL if tanking is officially documented.
Was it considered illegal for the Saints to pay bonus money to their players for big hits on opposing players? The NFL stopped that pretty quickly

If anyone deserves a big NIL deal, it's ZZ and I hope he gets it. Someone should start a go fund me for his mom. I would gladly donate money to it
He needs to be the spokesman for a podiatrist or a law office "Have you or a loved one been crossed over by ZZ? You may be enitled to........NOT A DAMN THING!!! ZZ is here to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back