Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup I'm sure any avg. QB wins the Super Bowl every 3 years on avg. for for 2 decades cause they have a Top 10 defense

Oddly enough...at least based on the last almost 30 years the answer would favor "yes"
1643739690220.png

Aikman, Dilfer, Johnson, Big Ben, Foles = all could be argued to be Average QBs who have won SBs with top 10 defenses. (I'd add Flacco too even though that Ravens defense was just outside top 10)

And if you look at the losing QBs that made it the number of average QBs that have made a SB far exceeds that of great QBs. Hell some people will even argue Eli is average and he's won 2 SBs with defenses outside the top 15.

So for this year's SB it's going to be interesting...

Defense Rank in PA
Rams = 15th
Bengals = 17th

Offense Rank in PF (both technically tied at 460 points)
Rams = 8th
Bengals = 7th

Reactions: drvenner
Oddly enough...at least based on the last almost 30 years the answer would favor "yes"
View attachment 431948

Aikman, Dilfer, Johnson, Big Ben, Foles = all could be argued to be Average QBs who have won SBs with top 10 defenses. (I'd add Flacco too even though that Ravens defense was just outside top 10)

So for this year's SB it's going to be interesting...

Defense Rank in PA
Rams = 15th
Bengals = 17th

Offense Rank in PF (both technically tied at 460 points)
Rams = 8th
Bengals = 7th
Idk anyone who would/could make the argument that Aikman and Big Ben were just average.... but the majority of the QB's there would be considered above average to GREAT

Brady certainly had a better career and has earned the mantle of greatest QB of all time due to his performance, victories, and longevity. Still, if I have to pick one QB at his peak to win me a game, with all the other players and coaches variable, give me Peyton. Better pure talent. Better player at his ceiling than Brady at his ceiling. Peyton is the offensive system.

THIS THIS THIS

Defense matters. And LOL at everyone on here comparing a couple of receivers to an entire freaking defense. Brady never had to worry about the other side of the ball. Meanwhile Peyton had the greatest single season ever one year in Denver because if he didn’t, they would’ve lost near every game because his defense was so atrocious.
To add to that...people want to remember the int against New Orleans in the Super Bowl...what about Manning not touching the football for over an hour in real time, all because the D couldn't get off the field?? I could go on...

The stat about defenses does it for me; but, also, the fact that Manning took FOUR DIFFERENT HEAD COACHES to the Super Bowl says it all, as well. Name me one other QB that comes close to that.

Joe Burrow can become the 5th player ever to:
1. Win the Heisman
2. Win a National Championship
3. Win a Super Bowl

name the others..No cheating

Charles Woodson, Reggie Bush (but his Heisman was vacated), Marcus Allen, Paul Hornung, and I can't think of anyone else that...Roger Staubach maybe, but didn't think Navy ever won a national championship

Joe Burrow can become the 5th player ever to:
1. Win the Heisman
2. Win a National Championship
3. Win a Super Bowl

name the others..No cheating

I thought Burrow would be the first to complete all 3. Maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: Burrow is first QB.

Reggie Bush?

To add to that...people want to remember the int against New Orleans in the Super Bowl...what about Manning not touching the football for over an hour in real time, all because the D couldn't get off the field?? I could go on...

The stat about defenses does it for me; but, also, the fact that Manning took FOUR DIFFERENT HEAD COACHES to the Super Bowl says it all, as well. Name me one other QB that comes close to that.

The opposite of that is why Belichick isn't the greatest coach... He only has had 1 QB go to a Super Bowl. Don Shula took 4 different QB's to the SB.

Idk anyone who would/could make the argument that Aikman and Big Ben were just average.... but the majority of the QB's there would be considered above average to GREAT

Big Ben gets a lotta hate, I personally don't say he's average though.

Troy Aikman is the poster child for average on epic team though. 165 games (94-71) 41st in career passing yards, 76th in career passing TDs, Only 10+ wins in 5 of 12 seasons, 165 TDs vs 141 INTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back