Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You pretty much nailed it. Must’ve been other iffy moments in the game. The crux of the issue is basically everyone heard the errant whistle BEFORE the catch. Then the refs claim it happened after Boyd caught it. Kinda making it up as they go along.
I think the "expert ref" commentator on the game said if there is an inadvertent whistle during a play, the play is supposed to be replayed. That is where the anger is coming from. I am a Raiders fan and that was a TD all the way, whether the whistle blew or not. No heartburn with that outcome other than it sucked for the Raiders.

Nope didnt say that at all. Theres just no need to tell me to go be a fan of another team because I dont agree with the direction the program has taken.
And I think this way sucks because weve seen what happens with it, ND is the ceiling doing it this way.
Pruitt was the polar opposite. He got in great recruiters and threw some money around. Look at how it ended for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner
It was def strange at the very least & wasn't helped at the time by the refs having to have a LONG huddle. You can see defensive players pull up - even in the end zone. I wondered if they heard whistle or if just assumed QB was out of bounds.

It kinda does change things if you discuss it for a long time and come back with what everyone believes to be a lie.

I’m not understanding the meltdown re UT basketball. Can it simply be that we played a good team that shot lights out today?

It should be apparent that Barnes has reached his peak. I didn’t think I would ever say that. I have been a Barnes defender. It seems like Barnes is playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess.

I've heard for the past several years that there is a zebra shortage and this leads to poor officiating.

Is that difficult to get to the college or NFL level of officiating?

Is the compensation poor?
I've done officiating at lower levels and have looked at higher levels. Therefore, I've seen the pay. It's very good in general. However, there aren't many people willing to put up with the intense scrutiny and criticism. Not sure if any amount of pay would change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back