Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT/Barnes seem intent on playing by the rules never even venturing into the gray area. The biggest cheaters on the planet are the three best teams in the conference. That's usually not a recipe for success.

There's time to turn it around but I've seen nothing to think they will.

Yes, yes, yes…when you were dogging the Lady Vols and coach, that’s worked well for them. 🤔

Please get down on the Men’s team, lookout E8, here we come. 😂

I'm not going to lie, even though I'll probably get accused of being negative for saying this, one of my concerns about Heupel has always been if he would be so focused on offense, he'd be negligent of the defense. He's an offensive coach. It's what he knows, backwards and forwards, and he's damn good at it. But we've seen the defense struggle this past season, and there appears, to many fans at least, that there's room to upgrade on that side of the ball. At times, it's like we have a Ferrari on offense and a Pinto on defense.

But it is what it is. I like Heupel, and I like this staff, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we find some help on defense eventually.
I've thought this myself, but I'm not going to go overboard on this just yet. Let's see what happens after this season before we hit the panic button

He isn’t neglecting defense. Just easier to get offensive players to buy in quicker. I’d prefer they be picky on who they bring in. Can’t waste scholarships when your on number restrictions
If it takes longer for defensive players to buy in, why get them last?

Like I said, we'll see what happens. Not sure why it's seen as a bad thing to question a defense that obviously had its struggles this season. Doesn't mean I'm screaming for Heupel's head, I just want to see improvement on that side of the ball.

If it takes longer for defensive players to buy in, why get them last?

Like I said, we'll see what happens. Not sure why it's seen as a bad thing to question a defense that obviously had its struggles this season. Doesn't mean I'm screaming for Heupel's head, I just want to see improvement on that side of the ball.
He doesn’t neglect the defense….last year…..he brought in 6 defensive transfers…. This year we don’t have as many spots so they are being more selective….

I’ve resolved not to panic about recruiting, transfers or anything with our football program until maybe the year 2025. Heupel and staff are getting a ton of grace from me.

They seem like good coaches and people and I trust they know their jobs depend on fielding competitive teams so let them do their thing.

No serious person thinks we are one or two linebacker transfers away from making the Playofts next year.
real-nice.gif

I'm not going to lie, even though I'll probably get accused of being negative for saying this, one of my concerns about Heupel has always been if he would be so focused on offense, he'd be negligent of the defense. He's an offensive coach. It's what he knows, backwards and forwards, and he's damn good at it. But we've seen the defense struggle this past season, and there appears, to many fans at least, that there's room to upgrade on that side of the ball. At times, it's like we have a Ferrari on offense and a Pinto on defense.

But it is what it is. I like Heupel, and I like this staff, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we find some help on defense eventually.

If defense upgrades to an F-150 or Silverado, then we will win big time! 15-0 🤠

I just can’t seem to get upset or excited by this transfer portal. All the portal players listed here have not been really impressive imo. My biggest fear of the portal players are that they are quitting on their previous team and will quit on us too. I have had enough scholarship quitter players to last a lifetime. I feel differently about graduate transfers.

I want to see what happens, but just cannot wring my hands and get all worried.

All of the Tennessee portal entrants have been pruitt players unless I am mistaken…

if you are giving a thumbs down to Always Sunny, you sir can f off with the heat of one thousand suns. My rage is untethered and knows no bounds!
Mustve missed this. Watched show several times. Love the characters, which is surprising how un funny it is.

Not sure how you can say he got beat pretty bad. In my lifetime, UT has never swam in the waters where Barnes was recruiting. You are going to lose recruits when you are competing against Duke, UK, and paying Auburn.

I don’t think that Barnes ever really had a chance with Ingram- it was obvious he was looking for academics. Why would you choose Stanford as a top 15 recruit? They aren’t good. Ingram’s parents own McDonald’s franchises, so money isn’t a priority. He wanted an education. Harvard was one of his finalists.
Yea well now we are swimming in those water. Tennessee at one point was believed to be the leader for all of them, Barnes finished 2nd to all of them. When it mattered he got beat, of course he isnt gonna bat 100%, nobody is. But on the recruits he went after the hardest he was about 25%

Reactions: VolNash17
No those 3 games will not stop them I agree but those 3 games are not the only games they are going to lose. I would like to think they wont lose another game but we all know they will. Where was TN 2 weeks ago on kenpom ? asking because were they not around 10. Seems like that was what I seen posted.
Yes around 10. We’ve stayed around 10 all year. Highest we’ve got was #6. We’re 14 in Kenpom, 13 in Net. Those two rankings matter most. We have 2 quad 1 wins and all our losses are quad1

As long as we don’t absolutely collapse I’ll be very surprised if we don’t make the tourney

If you really believe that then you are sadly mistaken. You don’t achiever success in college football without cheating in every way possible. TN just sucks at cheating.

The moral high ground crap is for losers. I don’t care if we cheat as bad or worse than any team in the country. I just want to win.
There it is.gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary
What’s crazy is the Lady Vols are winning doing exactly what Barnes wants his teams to do. Hard nose defense & rebounding.

Also unrelated, I would love to see Candace Parker become a HC someday. And I think she could do it for a men’s team!
Only place women belong...

Would love to see that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back