Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Minnesota hires lane Kiffin how hard do we laugh at Zach evans?
18-Laughing-Really-Hard-Gif.gif

Seems like we are only a short amount of time away from teams actually having stock prices that you can buy and sell on.

As others have pointed out, it's way more about the "machine" and the organization than it is about any one coach or player. CFB has been "big business" for a while, but the best programs are corporations now.

We call the best coaches "CEOs" now, for crying out loud.

I think that's why so many fans are disillusioned by the sport now. Am I watching football, my former hobby that was an escape, or am I watching Wal-Mart vs Amazon, just on a field?

That's a deep cut. It definitely resembles 2 football corporations going head to head rather than 2 universities. I'd love it if we were in the club, but we aren't and I don't think many if any new teams will make it inside of the existing 5-10 teams that already are. I think it will be remarkable if a team not named Bama, UGA, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Ohio St, Clemson, or LSU win the title in the next 10 years. I only added Texas because I'm fairly confident they'll get ahead of everyone on the NIL deals soon enough.

I think Tennessee is among many other schools that have the potential to spend the $ and make it happen, just probably won't. Every school has boosters.

Okay I'll bet you one big helpin of crow that somehow we will be worse with....

Our entire coaching staff back

90% of our starters back including our QB who just broke some TN passing records, and has all his TE's back, a bunch of promising young receivers, a transfer with 1st round potential and Cedric Tillman who just had 1,000 yards.

A top 15 class and the cumulative effect of all the transfers we have gotten and will get by fall camp
Son...I hate to break it to you, but you have a particularly bad case of BVS...you ain't gonna make it 😢

I'm in the minority here......but I'd love to see it go back to the way it was before the BCS. I know it will never happen.
Split NC's............who cares. It was something that made D1A college football unique.
More money is great, but it can ruin things as well.
I f'n hate hate hate hate that stupid 💩 It made zero sense...what is the f'n point of a "mythical" national championship?

It is so stupid..at least now it makes some sense. The playoff has nothing to do with a few teams dominating in recruiting other than it is too few in number, it needs to be eight at least...it has everything to do with the social media age and the 🦬💩 f'n Gen Z and their ***** follower bandwagon ways.

Reactions: butchna
Both true, but he has said several times that he won’t talk down on his university until he has to. He knew about all the Pruitt stuff but wouldn’t cover it until news broke to protect UT. He admitted as much on one of his shows in December of 2020. Can’t remember the exact show, though.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I remember him hammering on Butch earlier than a lot, so that is what I was thinking about.

I f'n hate hate hate hate that stupid 💩 It made zero sense...what is the f'n point of a "mythical" national championship?

It is so stupid..at least now it makes some sense. The playoff has nothing to do with a few teams dominating in recruiting other than it is too few in number, it needs to be eight at least...it has everything to do with the social media age and the 🦬💩 f'n Gen Z and their ***** follower bandwagon ways.
Easy now. It's just what I'd like to see. :)

That's a deep cut. It definitely resembles 2 football corporations going head to head rather than 2 universities. I'd love it if we were in the club, but we aren't and I don't think many if any new teams will make it inside of the existing 5-10 teams that already are. I think it will be remarkable if a team not named Bama, UGA, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Ohio St, Clemson, or LSU win the title in the next 10 years. I only added Texas because I'm fairly confident they'll get ahead of everyone on the NIL deals soon enough.

I think Tennessee is among many other schools that have the potential to spend the $ and make it happen, just probably won't. Every school has boosters.
I think you're right. We're kind of at a point where we decide whether or not we're going to go all-in and commit to being all-in, despite sunken cost, for the long haul.

To your bold point. I agree.

This seems like one of those videos that you see online from time to time with bar graphs representing each program, and they tally up wins/championships/stats over a given period of time. And you see various teams go up and down, or some program just shoot up the graph and sit at the top, and their bar graph extends way beyond anyone else's (TWSS, har har). If it's a spending game, there are certain schools, communities, states, leaders that are way more comfortable with that than others (ie: teams from Texas).

We will evaluate him, watch some tape, slow play him while we make a decision, and he'll end up at LSU/SC, or KY
I'm going to stop posting the announcements of players entering the portal because, as others have pointed out, these guys usually know where they're going before they hop out there at this point. Just like we're "working the back channels" on players from other teams, so are our opponents. They're well down the road on a decision making process by the time they formally announce that they're out there.

I don't know why you're blaming the Admin. They have nothing to do with NIL. If we don't pony up that is on our boosters. I know our boosters have been quite good at convincing everyone that someone else was the boogeyman but they're responsible for a ton of ish that's gone down the past few years. UT's Admin is happy to let the AD do it's thing within reason. We have failed because of internecine war -- booster worried about power rather than winning -- not because big ole meanie "academia" has held the team back. That narrative has always been complete nonsense.
Meh. We are in it for “the right way” now. Not win at all costs championships. We nuked our program on purpose to save 12 million on Pruitt. Firing Pruitt was justified but let’s not act like it wasn’t an total crap show.

Call me weird, but how does any RB not look at these numbers and salivate about playing in this offense?

View attachment 427576

Our top 4 RBs in attempts all averaged over 4.5 a carry!
Maybe some guys think those numbers are due to our tempo catching teams off guard. Would rather go to a place with a more conventional system to test their skills?

If we aren't anticipating officiating changes around fake injuries, we need to spend the offseason figuring out how to make it work for us.

Scheduled "man down" after the XP, after the kickoff, and on the 1st play of the opponent's drive. Then after any play of 20+ yards for the other team.

I don't want to do this, I hope it doesn't come to that. But if we make games unbearable while protecting our defense then it's time to make it work for us.
If we abuse it against Bama and Georgia the way other teams abuse it against us the rule will change at the end of next season.

Reactions: BigSteve09
He’s at an SEC school that just won 10 games. His millions in the NFL aren’t in jeopardy by making a hundred thousand now.
Yeah if it's a good fit. I don't know his personal situation and what kind of coach he needs to make him 1st round pick compared to say 4th or 5th round. If Kiffin gets another chance in the NFL and leaves Ole Miss, they will be in a bad spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back