Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was the hardest day of my life, I had to bury my 36 year old youngest brother, who committed suicide. No matter how much we tried to tell and show him that his life matters, he refused to see it. We stopped him 3 times in 2021. On January 2nd he took his life. Leaving behind 2 young boys, a mom and 2 brothers searching for answers.

I want you all to know that your life does matter and others lives will be shattered if you follow through. We are beyond broken. If you are struggling talk to someone and try to get help. If you need to talk to someone my name is Barry and you can get in touch with me (615) 519-9283. I will find you help. I don’t want another family to go through this same situation. You aren’t alone.

Prayers for my family would be appreciated.

My heart aches for you and your family. The only thing I can think of right now is that your brother is in a much better place. Just know that our small community will be praying for you and your loved ones during this challenging time. Stay strong and keep faith in your heart Barry.

Yesterday was the hardest day of my life, I had to bury my 36 year old youngest brother, who committed suicide. No matter how much we tried to tell and show him that his life matters, he refused to see it. We stopped him 3 times in 2021. On January 2nd he took his life. Leaving behind 2 young boys, a mom and 2 brothers searching for answers.

I want you all to know that your life does matter and others lives will be shattered if you follow through. We are beyond broken. If you are struggling talk to someone and try to get help. If you need to talk to someone my name is Barry and you can get in touch with me (615) 519-9283. I will find you help. I don’t want another family to go through this same situation. You aren’t alone.

Devastating I’m so sorry, praying you can grieve appropriately and have good memories of him and not the sickness that led to this.

@BigSteve09 you have to stay at the inn to get a spa day pass but even then it’s hard to come by. Recommend booking a massage or some treatment and you’re guaranteed to use every feature. The views from the outdoor spa at sunset are killer. Next time we go we plan on staying until sunset instead of rushing to get out of there to make a dinner reservation.
My wife and I stayed there in October and did the spa thing. We’re both in our early 30s. Everyone else at the spa was in their 60s. I walk in the men’s locker room with a bunch of old dudes who immediately derobe and hang dong right there in the middle of the room. I’ve never felt more uncomfortable in my life. After getting the hell out of the locker room and going to the outdoor area to have a couple of drinks, it was better. I told my wife about that whole ordeal, and she was like “why didn’t you just use a dressing room.” I said “you had dressing rooms?!”

God's got ya!
Prayers

I can’t even imagine…. I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for all of you! Please let me know if the family starts a go fund me. Would love to help.

Everytime I begin thinking like that I imagine being a 25 year old dude in 1941 or 1914. And thinking about how that would seem a lot more apocalyptic than my circumstances. We’re at the peak of human civilization but social media cancer and propaganda makes us think things are falling apart.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND folks watch this movie on Netflix.

Watch Don't Look Up | Netflix Official Site

This film script was allegedly written (2) years before the pandemic but the correlation between today's politics, pop culture, news outlets, social media, etc... is uncanny.

Just WOW

I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

Support for everyone that struggles with mental health concerns is a daily challenge. We have similar family concerns and maintaining a constant, daily vigil is very difficult.

Prayers for you and yours - May God help you find peace, love and recovery.

Praying for your entire family.

It grows tax free for education. I guess if you see absolutely no way you or your child will use it for qualified withdrawals, then it would hurt. Especially since rate of return is currently less than the 10% penalty. I’ve been averaging 8%, barely outpacing inflation. But mine is still young.

You probably don’t want to over-contribute (especially if you are using dollars that you could alternatively invest in a tax-advantaged retirement account), but you only pay taxes + 10% penalty on the earnings in the 529. (You contribute onto the 529 on a post-tax basis, so you aren’t taxed on that again.)

So what the penalty really means (in rough terms) is that if you are making 8% per year, effectively you are only making 7.2% per year if you will ultimately have to pull that money out to use on non-qualified expenses.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

Support for everyone that struggles with mental health concerns is a daily challenge. We have similar family concerns and maintaining a constant, daily vigil is very difficult.

Prayers for you and yours - May God help you find peace, love and recovery.
If you need help feel free to reach out and I will see what I can do to help you out as well.

A lot of the people on this forum won’t like it because of their political affiliations…just fyi. I thought it was hilarious, but I’m also a dirty liberal hippie (see also slightly left leaning moderate).
Yeah I don't feel like being called an idiot for 2 hours by green millionaires in their private jets

For better and worse, fathers were different in that era. The role of men in the home and society was different. My guess is, his father was communicating a common fatherly message in that day.
Yes. And it was obvious the he had not been wronged. Just not getting the results he wanted. My son is on an archery scholarship at a small school in Kentucky. He transferred there his freshman year because they lied to him at his previous school. So to me that is a legitimate reason to transfer.

May the Lord Almighty put his hands on your family to help heal with your loss.

My deepest condolences brother.

Barry, so very sorry. Prayers for all of you.

dang son. that's rough. I'm praying that Lord of Lord's will help you feel calm and peace. What a testament to others!

I'm sorry for your loss Barry

No offense but when people use no offense, they are pretty much trying to offend the person they are speaking to. It is like putting LOL on the end of something to pretend like you are joking.
Hard to top "to be honest [with you,]" which amounts to a strong implication that everything the person has said before that moment was a lie.

Last edited:
I will not pretend that masks are doing anything. It is dangerous to those that are at risk from covid to make them falsely believe that a cloth or paper mask is going to protect them. If they believe that they are more likely to engage in behaviors and activities that will place them in more danger of actually catching covid.

As far as the perfectly healthy wanting to mask up to make others feel better about walking around a store... yeah, not playing that game. I am not here to make others feel good about their decisions. I am to speak truth and to walk it out. Paper and cloth masks do not work, so I will not compromise my integrity by pretending that they do.
*wearing masks outdoors is pointless.
*when combined with distancing and hand washing, has shown to be an effective means of reducing tranmission. (this is sound Science, and, not a novel approach.)
*mask wearing HELPS reduce the chances of me giving you or others what I have. So it has nothing to do with you catching it.
*read an evidence based graphic once. if I recall, paper masks are in the 10-20% reduction category. cloth and other non surgical masks were in 40% range. N95 are 60-80% reduction in spread category.

Not wearing is a choice, again. Its never been about stopping you getting it. The best method we have against personal fighting of Covid personally, is the vaccine or getting it. And developing antibodies.

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

Amen, my father committed suicide when I was 5 years old, it leaves a wake behind that is unavoidable. Without Christ and my heavenly Father I never would have made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back