Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need more than message board rumors that Tillman is coming back. A tweet from him confirming would be outstanding, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yep

And this tweet from what is surely an imposter and not truly Cedric Tillman only adds to my personal anxiety

Is he coming back or not?!?

Just letting yall know if you don't know

Purdue is 97% vaxed, don't test their vaccinated players unless they have symptoms and currently have no covid issues.

This game is 100% being played Thursday

Great!

When we clinched a bowl birth, I declared I want a middle of the road Big Ten team to boat race… and we got one!

59-13!

GBO!

Reactions: SmokinBob
I believe some of these teams just do not want to play. Especially teams with new coaches coming in and Covid is just excuse to cancel. Not every game is that way, but this has been way too convenient for some teams.
Oh most definitely. See us last year. Covid is nothing more than an excuse right now for every aspect of society to cash a check without having to work.

I know this has been said in nausea but watching Kamara, WTF was Butch thinking? My mind is boggling watching him in the NFL.

It really isn’t that simple. Not going to say Butch was a great coach. But Hurd averaged 4.6 yards per carry in 2015 and is the last back to have over 1,000 yards at UT. Had 1285 yards. The one thing that probably prevented Kamara from getting more touches was Josh Dobbs. We had to use Dobbs’ legs as well.

In 2016, Kamara was out for a couple of games, and Dobbs had 831 yards rushing.

Lord have mercy. You really believe that? Players aren't going to say they don't give a **** come on now they're going to say what they have to say just like every other athlete out there. Bowl games are useless exhibitions so companies and TV channels can make more money
They are so useless that no Tennessee fans will travel to attend.

Oh, wait.

To start with I loved Johnny Majors and as frustrated as he made sometimes, I also saw the steady and methodical progress from the abyss of the 70s to several great teams that were just a few plays away. I didn't like how it happened and considering the circumstances I didn't think it needful...but Phil did what he did, and the Admin did what they did and the rest is history.

When he lost to Tiger High with THAT team was when I really started to doubt him, and then the steady fall into mediocrity was infuriating to me.

Anyways...I was never a Phil fan to start with unlike so many others, so maybe you understand me better now.
You can actually be a fan of both. I know that for a fact because I am.

My wife rolled her ankle and broke he fibula. Primary care doctor gave her a boot and pain meds and sent her on the way. Any of you guys/gals have any advice on what we should or shouldn't be doing.

The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone, so as long as the fracture isn’t displaced much, the boot should be fine. Keep it elevated when possible and keep ice on it when elevated.

I’d also follow up with your pcp in a week or so. Get another X-ray and make sure fracture hasn’t displaced more. If it has, she needs to get to ortho.

Last edited:
Just letting yall know if you don't know

Purdue is 97% vaxed, don't test their vaccinated players unless they have symptoms and currently have no covid issues.

This game is 100% being played Thursday
Players not playing for them are opt outs and academics, not COVID. Credit to them for not using that as an excuse not to play.

Are you all ready for the announcer's storylines about this poor, gritty, undermanned heavy underdog Purdue team standing toe to toe with Tennessee from the mighty SEC?

That storyline will last about 12 minutes of football time after we go up 28-3 with 3 minutes remaining in the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back