Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay Travis brings up such an interesting point, why would we quarantine or cancel for this, but if you realize it’s flu you’ll let someone on a plane and play. We can argue severity but at the end of the day they’re both contagious. Gotta learn how to live around this and remember that Michael Jordan’s flu game is one of the most iconic parts of his career.
Except he didn’t have the flu did he? Wasn’t it actually a stomach bug? Either way Covid now is just being used as a crutch in every aspect of life. Start eliminating financial incentives for having it and don’t allow teams to earn their bowl money if they don’t participate and poof watch it magically disappear.

Except he didn’t have the flu did he? Wasn’t it actually a stomach bug? Either way Covid now is just being used as a crutch in every aspect of life. Start eliminating financial incentives for having it and don’t allow teams to earn their bowl money if they don’t participate and poof watch it magically disappear.

Flu, stomach bug, hangover... what's the difference

Not sure if he did or not, but when I get anything like that my azz is stuck on the couch and my biggest worry is sharting myself. He played through it so mad props (and I’m a Larry Legend guy)

I see this, and it just looks catastrophic. I have the mobility of a 2x4
same here. didnt get much better after back issued but, made me use the noggin' to exercise. so much emphasis is placed on power movements. but you cannot have one without the other.

Hey guys, since it’s slow I want to share something I recently “discovered”. So, nerd alert; I like to dive into older music and movies a lot to try and find good stuff out there in particular before my time.

So, I’ve heard a lot of Elvis over the years but never deep dived into too much of his stuff, but came across this. This song is reaction to MLK and RFKs assassinations in 1968 and is maybe the most powerful and impressive live performance I’ve seen. What a voice! Just wanted to share the experience and hopefully some of you that have never seen this can enjoy as well.

Hey guys, since it’s slow I want to share something I recently “discovered”. So, nerd alert; I like to dive into older music and movies a lot to try and find good stuff out there in particular before my time.

So, I’ve heard a lot of Elvis over the years but never deep dived into too much of his stuff, but came across this. This song is reaction to MLK and RFKs assassinations in 1968 and is maybe the most powerful and impressive live performance I’ve seen. What a voice! Just wanted to share the experience and hopefully some of you that have never seen this can enjoy as well.

Elvis was THE MAN, imo no one comes close

Alright all you gun enthusiasts, hunters and knowledgable peeps. My wife's brother was in a fatal car accident a few years ago and this gun was in his backseat in his demolished car. I had no idea my mil still had it but she gave it to my wife recently because she had no reason nor desire to hold onto it. It's a Remington 270 and wanted to check into getting it rebuilt. Would it be worth it and where would be a couple of good places to check for parts etc? TIA

The answer looks to be yes, it seems to be in good shape minus the stock. Obviously, I'm not sure about the barrel being bent, but a good gunsmith can tell for sure on that one. The actions are pretty tough and it's hard to "hurt" them in a thing like a car accident. I'd wager a guess and say they are probably okay.

As for the "worth it" factor, that's kinda on you. It's a normal rifle in an ordinary caliber, so, other than keepsake value, it's not really going to fetch a good price if you decide to sell. If you're looking to return it to "factory" condition, I'd suggest looking at Numrich:

Remington Gun Parts | Numrich Gun Parts

Midwest Gun Works:

Forearms

Or Brownells:

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/index.htm

Or even contacting Remington to see what they may have in stock. While yes, they "went under" they were bought out and will start operations again soon.

You might also post this in the 2A thread in the pub for a broader look.

The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back