Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely understand bundling of products. That doesn't make it right. It rewards mediocrity. If they have to put bad channels with good channels because the bad channels couldn't survive otherwise then maybe you should do something about the bad channels. It may be the way ots done but that doesn't make it good for the consumer.

Sounds like most school systems now. Punish the best and brightest and mainstream everyone. It pulls our overall education system down.

Hey, @InVOLuntary ,
Why don’t you start a media access company with your suggestions as the basis of their programming. Take all the profits and fund Volunteer student athletes with NIL deals. It would be an absolute homerun!
Keep your boat building business totally separate, just in case…
🤠

Dish way back in the day had a bunch of ala carte. As streaming continues to become more popular I could see the middleman being cut out. CBS already has their own service. NBC through peacock is doing it. It won't be long to you see others follow, imo.

I think a great business would be a streaming service that works only with local channels. If you want locals, your options are limited. If you had a source for just local channels, I think that could work. There's a lot of local channels you can't get through streaming or satellite.

Local channels can be picked up for free with an antenna. You’re old enough to know this…😎

You don't understand that the content providers, like Disney, bundle the channels for big money.

The folks buying the content, like YTTV or Sling or whoever, can't buy them a la carte and can't make money selling them a la carte.

If you think a business shouldn't be able to bundle items, it happens all the time: want a better radio in your car, it may come with a sunroof and some leather trim...... want more cycles on your washer, it may come with cycles you don't ever use.

This happens because businesses need to do this to justify the cost of having all the options made and provided. It's the same for TV show providers. Disney needs to bundle so the lesser channels are supported by the big earners.

It's also the same with college sports, of course.
Cmon man. It isnt that black and white.

There is a reason Nielsen exists in the 21st Century. Disney replaces very popular shows all the time, Little Einsteins...Sophia...it is the penultimate big business.

They are rabid for data and analyses of their content. Anyway, beyond that i'm at end of my knowledge.

She sure was, not bad now, at least the last time I saw her.
So I’m only 27 years old but I’ve seen 21 on that list. I would add Cocktail as one of my favorites, and Adventures in Babysitting. Anything with Elisabeth Shue in it. Gah she was a smoke show to me for some reason.

So we almost have to target an ILB in the portal if for no other reason than quality depth. So who do we go after?

I noticed Terrence Lewis was in the portal. Former 5* commit that might be worth kicking the tires on.

**** it..I am just about done. I quit watching pro sports a long time ago because of the sickening selfish mercenary greed and avarice. The only reason I still watch college ball is because my blood runs orange...and that has not a damn thing to do with the names on the back of jerseys...it is because I am a Tennessean whose families are Tennesseans going back to to the late 1700s and early 1800s. It is because my Dad is a Vol, my two granfathers were Vols, my great grandfathers were Vols...

BaldBiker and InVoluntary are your two great grandfathers? That’s awesome! 😇

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back