Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP.....only thing I liked about BJ tenure was the Recruiting Show !

Of course Wednesday is signing day and Tennessee will do a signing day show. It won’t be like the old Butch Jones shows were there are live reveals but there will be a show on signing day that will be hosted once again by Voice of the Titans Mike Keith.
-Hubbs

War Room 12-10-21....non recruiting related !
--With final exams in the books, Tennessee hits the practice field on Saturday to begin their bowl preparations for Purdue in the Music City Bowl.
--The bowl selection process is always interesting. It’s our understanding that Texas A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Tennessee all had the Outback Bowl on their wish list and at one point late last week, Tennessee thought the trip to Tampa was a very real possibility. The reason is the Outback Bowl really liked the thought of a Tennessee-Penn State match up and Vol fans have always showed up in force in Tampa. However, the SEC apparently felt since everyone wanted to go to Florida they would assign teams with the best records to the Florida bowls and that’s how it played out. Tennessee was never against the Music City Bowl and Nashville wanted them. They wanted Penn State but knew that wasn’t going to happen so they were happy with Purdue. They didn’t have interest in Minnesota apparently.
--So Tennessee’s off to Nashville and will start their bowl prep out there on December 26th. The Vols are the road team and will be on the east sidelines.
--As we mentioned earlier this week on the ticket stuff, that’s an SEC rule as to why there were no tickets for sale from the school ticket office but there are for the Purdue ticket office. Tennessee got 3,000 tickets, plus 500 comp tickets which are for the band. Out of the 3,000 tickets a number of tickets are for players, staff, athletic department official party, University official party, etc. It’s the same set up for the other bowls such as Outback, Citrus, Taxslayer, etc. It’s obviously a change as 2-3 years ago, the SEC team got 8,000 tickets from the Music City Bowl.
--Back to the team and their preparations that begin on Saturday, the question is who will play cornerback in place of Alontae Taylor. Kamal Hadden would seem to make the most sense as he has gotten the most playing time, but for Willie Martinez the work in Knoxville certainly gives him a chance to work Brandon Turnage, and DeShawn Rucker at the spot opposite of Warren Burrell. Hadden has had some solid moments and has had some obvious moments where he wasn’t as mentally focused as he needed to be.
--Elsewhere on the injury front, Cade Mays is still dealing with the ankle injury and while it’s seemed unlikely, things are trending up for possible action in Nashville.
--It doesn’t appear there will be any other non-injury opt outs.
--Mays, Hendon Hooker, Cedric Tillman and others have gotten their NFL grades back and are working towards decisions. It’s been assumed that Mays is heading to the NFL, but you never say never. There’s been vibes that Hooker and Tillman will return. Heupel met with those guys the Sunday after the Vanderbilt game and will visit with them again as he gets off the recruiting trail this weekend.
--Construction continues or should we say demolition continues inside Neyland Stadium with the west club seats and the north end zone Jumbotron. Of course the focus right now is on the demo of the westside lower bowl area.
--And finally in what remains the biggest surprise to this point, Tennessee has had no one go into the transfer portal since the end of the regular season. A big surprise to many.
-Hubbs

The coaches elected to come to Nashville and meet with him and discuss everything. Everything was good except Spyre. There's no way TCU should make a better offer than UT. Ole Miss I can understand they're SEC and Lane know how to mk it happen based on his experience as a lead recruiter and ROY at USC and Bama plus they have guys like Matthew McCaughey and oil guys who don't mind spending to win. TCU a Christian private school spanked UT and Spyre. Like to be very serious Zach don't care about free Gus chicken. He has to help make sure granny is OK.

Who is Matthew McCaughey?

yes, but who do we pay to see or who do we watch on TV? Not the admin, not the coaches, not the AD.

I will add the cheerleaders and dance team get watched too. And the band. But for the most part, it is the players.
I do because I am a Tennessee Volunteer. Who puts on the uniform is irrelevant in that respect.

Virginia would be smart to tell Elliot to kick rocks and take Gattis instead. Gattis has strong recruiting connections to the area. He is confident and cocky. Elliot doesn’t believe in himself and his ability imo to think he needs the perfect situation when he is a first time Hc whose offense was beyond pathetic this year.

VN told me that Pitt wasn’t good….

I’ll admit. I was pissed about that loss to Pitt. And I thought it would be the difference between us making and not making a bowl. I was wrong about our team and I was wrong about Pitt. Pitt was a good team this year. And we turned out much better than I expected.

Mizzou pulling in a top class. We dog walked them and are going to struggle to hit top 20 and we can’t get any legitimate interest from most top players. I don’t get it
I don’t get it either. They can’t have more money and resources than us. Missouri is not a great place to live. Maybe NIL funds are being funneled through the Ozarks mountain candy

I don’t get it either. They can’t have more money and resources than us. Missouri is not a great place to live. Maybe NIL funds are being funneled through the Ozarks mountain candy

Think it's a bit of the Butch style. Eli & Mizzou promise 'em everything they could ever want and are getting as much NIL thrown at them as possible. Since the season started they've had 8 players enter the portal, after ESD may see a few more if they feel like they got recruited over.

The coaches elected to come to Nashville and meet with him and discuss everything. Everything was good except Spyre. There's no way TCU should make a better offer than UT. Ole Miss I can understand they're SEC and Lane know how to mk it happen based on his experience as a lead recruiter and ROY at USC and Bama plus they have guys like Matthew McCaughey and oil guys who don't mind spending to win. TCU a Christian private school spanked UT and Spyre. Like to be very serious Zach don't care about free Gus chicken. He has to help make sure granny is OK.
Did you mean Matthew McConaughey? If so, you have the wrong Texas school...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back