Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kind of excited to see what the TEs look like next year.... anyone else?

View attachment 418692

Also WR could be pretty wide open, especially if Tillman leaves for the draft.
View attachment 418693

Ya gotta hope some of these guys that are Juniors (Keyton) or Sophomores (Hyatt, Calloway, Holiday, Coby) really figure it out and don't portal out. Marley and Merrill should be names to watch as well.
Think Merrill takes a big step forward

The honeymoon for Billy Napier is officially over

Let me just explicitly say it...
Total change in structure of offense and defense so good chance he doesn’t want a good chunk of the kids Mullen liked.

With that being said… F Florida and their spoiled fans.

I read that Napier told all his currently committed players to hold off on signing until the second signing day while he evaluates them. No wonder they are all looking around for better options.

I just don't understand why we aren't getting commits on at least the offensive side. Are players still taking a wait and see approach?
I took the time you did not take to write down our current offensive commit numbers. Here they are:

QB: 1
RB: 1 (One on the way maybe two?)
WR: 3 (One on the way)
TE: 1
OL: 4

What more do you want? You know half the team plays defense, right?

I took the time you did not take to write down our current offensive commit numbers. Here they are:

QB: 1
RB: 1 (One on the way maybe two?)
WR: 3 (One on the way)
TE: 1
OL: 4

What more do you want? You know half the team plays defense, right?
Yeah… we need defensive help bad. But I think they hit the portal hard for players too. We are getting at least one more runningback and wide receiver. Possibly two more wide receivers.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Meanwhile, in Gainesville....

tenor.gif
Florida does (and always will) recruit itself, but many of these decommits took the leap based on the previous season’s offensefest. They were likely second guessing anyway and then that architect gets fired after being extended before the season. Florida has fired every one of Urban’s successors on short results basis. Stability and lack thereof is a thing.

I wouldn't say "elite" he's a career 65% winner and even at Ole Miss (his most successful stop) he's not even winning 70%.

He's a good coach and excellent recruiter, but until he wins something or at least plays in some P5 championship games I wouldn't call him elite.
Is he an elite recruiter anymore? Tennessee may have finished with a number one class if he wouldn’t have left for USC.

No doubt he used to be, but just haven’t noticed as much recently.

It is so refreshing to see other programs, especially rivals, stepping on their collective Johnson’s for a change.

May those that have reveled in our suffering for these many years get a large dose of the same for the next decade and a half.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Cool, I guess he is planning on doing the sports chiro route. If so, he’ll probably bump into me a time or two since I work in the athletic department here.
I’m not sure…. There is chiro in Maryville that has been working with him , wanting him to come there when he graduates and eventually take over his practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back