Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFoLZ6wXsAIqNYz
Solid hire IMO. Turned around UH, only below .500 one year at WV.

Need to cap NIL deal nationwide! No 17 yo needs to have 1M plus to rep a brand.
Cap it at 25k a year or something. Alrwady getting free education, place to live, unlimited food and all the other perks.
25-50k a year should make anyone happy til they get to the next level, in which those deserving of a NIL anyway, will likely get to.

Not your money, does it matter? Lol.

I'm all for loading up from the portal for the next 2 years. Also easier to evaluate talent vs grown men vs 5'6" 130lb opponents. It's a new day and I think we have to be the first to embrace the free agency for what it is (and FTR I am the old man on the porch).

I say 2 years to backfill the losses from Cornbread last year and lack of development. Build the culture and foundation, then start shifting more to high school 5 stars when they see how awesome we are.

Bama winning puts them in the playoffs, a bigger threat to UGA's title hopes. Also, Saban is much closer to retirement than Kirby. I don't want Saban jumping off their horse with UGA jumping right into their saddle.

And i need that kirby 'cant win the biggest games' narrative to get louder. I'm numb to what Bama is doing and like you said hes closer to retirement than Kirby.

Someone did the hypothetical "had to pick 2nd team" years ago, chose LSU just for the tiger.

Then they hired O. That tiger can pound sand. Hating everyone, it really is the only way.
I tried to find someone to like in the west to beat AL. Such a disappointment. And, yeah, it was the tiger that I liked.

Ok panic may be wrong word but seeing the great job they did filling holes last year gives me confidence that they will do it again.
Also...I am worried that our perception of our staffs recruiting ability is colored by things they have absolutely no control over...money. I think our big $ people that were providing the McDs bags are either still in shock, or have been distanced from the program right now thanks to all that coming out.

I think our people are either just way behind when it comes to organizing a collective, or they are too tight to do what it is going to take now to get the elite players here.

The highest ranked, most coveted kids are not going to come here for cookies when they can get several hundred thousand to a million $ to go to TA&M, Bama, Georgia, Texas etc etc etc...no matter how good our coaching staff is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back