Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN Upstate guy said he wants Tennessee vs Penn St bowl game because “he wants them to put Tennessee back in their place and shut them up talking about how they’re back. Penn St would knock them back 10 years.”

Someone texted in saying they wanted a UT vs Clemson bowl game, he said
“yawn. Clemson would win huge. 42-20 or something similar. It wouldn’t be close. I’ll spare you the trouble of wondering.”

ESPN Upstate guy said he wants Tennessee vs Penn St bowl game because “he wants them to put Tennessee back in their place and shut them up talking about how they’re back. Penn St would knock them back 10 years.”

Someone texted in saying they wanted a UT vs Clemson bowl game, he said
“yawn. Clemson would win huge. 42-20 or something similar. It wouldn’t be close. I’ll spare you the trouble of wondering.”

Was this the same guy predicting Beamer would boat race us this year?

My very unpopular opinion, Georgia is not deserving of the love they've received this season IF they lose to Bama. IF they lose this weekend, I don't think they should be in the playoffs IF other teams take care of business. If Oklahoma State, Michigan, and Cincinnati all win this weekend, I think they should be in over whoever loses the SEC Championship game, even if it is Georgia. Having looked at the schedules, Georgia's most significant win this season was Clemson, and honestly, Clemson just hasn't been that good this year. I think an undefeated Cincinnati team would be more deserving, IMO, than a team that just lost to another playoff team. The committee won't look at it that way because they, and everyone else, are in love with that UGA defense, but I don't think they should make it IF they lose to Bama this weekend.

I'm not a fan of two teams from one conference in a 4 team playoff, even if they appear to be the best two teams. My opinion on that may change if they don't increase the number of playoff slots after OU and Texas join the SEC.

On the subject of Georgia's schedule, in my opinion the schedule and outcomes have been strong enough to make a case for UGA being a top 4 ranked team, even with a close SECCG loss to Alabama. But I still don't think that should qualify UGA for a 4 team playoff. There are not enough meaningful interconference games to make well informed comparisons, so the selection rules should err on the side of broader inclusion and choose conference champions.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping to see Beamer or Kiffin bolting to OU. I want another SEC team to be freaking out and in danger of a free fall.

I have more faith in Ole Miss to make a good hire if Kiffin leaves. Not sure who that would be but wouldn't shock me if Lebby got that job. Tho that would be a huge jump for him.

South Carolina hiring Chadwell could be concerning. But i doubt they would do it. I could also see them snatching Mullen cause they love former Florida coaches.

Reactions: Bms4880 and UTJoe

We've seen this before.. they're going to flirt with Campbell and Fickell and eventually be turned down.. then Venables. after having time to think about it, is going to turn them down.. pushing this thing out another week before eventually landing on Beamer who may turn them down too.. They'll then turn to Heup who will turn them down.. this could spin out of control fast...

Oklahoma: "Hey Brent... I like you and I want to date."

Brent Venables: "Yes! Let's be together!"

OU: "Hey listen... Brent... I like you. A lot.

But, there's this other guy that I really like too... well, there's a couple of other guys.

I want you! But I want to talk to them first... that okay?"

We've seen this before.. they're going to flirt with Campbell and Fickell and eventually be turned down.. then Venables. after having time to think about it, is going to turn them down.. pushing this thing out another week before eventually landing on Beamer who may turn them down too.. They'll then turn to Heup who will turn them down.. this could spin out of control fast...
What if Heupel doesn’t turn them down? Remember, this is how Kiffin happened. USC kept striking out and got desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back