Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, but if Bob Stoops is as involved with that program as he appears to be, surely Mark would have held out until he was sure he wasn’t going to be an option there.

While technically following Riley, Mark would still be following in his brother's shadow. He knows he can appease his school with above average results. I believe he would only leave for certain Big Ten jobs where his style is better and where he could actually win a division.

Stoops is a fraud. Just like this year they get by by playing nobodies. OOC schedule is annually terrible. They beat up on bad schools pretty much insuring they get to 6 wins. They know who they are and they’re ok with that stoops is ok with that. They’ll never win anything significant.

You don’t help yourself posting updates on other teams commits. I respect you enough to never believe that you’re clueless in your intentions. Net result is you get your desired rise out of VN posters and then pretend it’s THEIR “narrative”. You pick a fight because you feel disrespected and in effect invite whole tonnage of disrespect. These posters will keep going at you, man. They don’t get tired. And neutral posters are perfectly capable of checking your post history and viewing your part in the fracas. Your efforts have succeeded in shutting down the Wade threads and Ty Simpson’s recruit thread is next. If that was your target? Happy shooting!

@butchna got some juice for you. Holla at me

Reactions: butchna
So just throwing mud at the wall a bit.

Bob Stoops is the interim (only 61 and was coaching last year in the XFL I think if they wanted to go with him though they wouldn't have made him interim, still he's going to have a say in who they pick) so with that being said I think that puts Heupel low on the list.

A few other names in the Stoops Coaching Tree

Mike Leach - OU is an upgrade over Miss State, and the fact he's now shown some ability in the SEC will be a positive.
Bo Pelini - Nebraska firing this dude was a huge mistake and has set them back and I think he's far enough removed from that falling out to be an option. (probably low on their list)
Kevin Sumlin - I mean he had success at Houston & Texas A&M, rough go at Arizona, but many coaches have gone there and done poorly. I think his ties to Stoops help and the fact he's very familiar with recruiting that region.
Mike Stoops - Long shot I know but maybe we're looking at the wrong brother? (I think this would be a bad hire and think they'd take everyone else on the list before him...but he is his brother)
Jay Norvell - I'm baffled why his name hasn't come up more, 33-26 at Nevada and making chump changes. OU assistant from 2008 to 2014

I know USC & LSU went and got big names for big money, not sure if OU has the pull to do that or if they even want to. But not sure who Stoops would be wanting to see there either...

Stoops is a fraud. Just like this year they get by by playing nobodies. OOC schedule is annually terrible. They beat up on bad schools pretty much insuring they get to 6 wins. They know who they are and they’re ok with that stoops is ok with that. They’ll never win anything significant.

Yep his two big winning years were from feeding off failures of others and weak schedule. Both years we beat them.

When was weinke successful?

twss.gif

Mark Stoops staying.

"Nobody, including my brother, wants to hand me the reigns of a serious football program. Plus, with my 4x Kroger Fuel Points bonus that I get for making a bowl game I can basically fill up my tank 3 times for free. Who would give that up?"

- Mark Stoopsid (prolly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back