Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first class for a new coach is suffering more than ever in this ESD era.

The second class is paramount.

Mizzou is doing well because they had a surprising year last year and have/had momentum to build on. We are having a similar season this year - raising eyebrows. I believe next year's class will benefit from this and start coming into form.

Our most important stretch for roster build/dev is December through May, with transfers starting to shake things up.

Mizzou is doing well because they had a surprising year last year and have/had momentum to build on. We are having a similar season this year - raising eyebrows. I believe next year's class will benefit from this and start coming into form.

Our most important stretch for roster build/dev is December through May, with transfers starting to shake things up.
It’s even worse that we had to deal with the NCAA rumors for months. AP has been adamant that it’s a major reason for our struggles.

It’s even worse that we had to deal with the NCAA rumors for months. AP has been adamant that it’s a major reason for our struggles.
It's real and people shouldn't overlook that aspect. Even if WE as a program and fans think it's much ado about nothing, it's a headline and dark cloud that any recruiting staff/coach can use against us with ease.

Firing a guy that was proven at the P5 level, who just got to the conference title and nearly beat Bama this year, to hire a guy that is yet to be proven at the P5 level... is kind of crazy.
He was also 2 and 9 in his last 11 conference games-----that's not gonna work at a place like Florida-----or UT

level head.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I fully believe that if Hooker and Tillman come back next year that we're going to win 10 games. I think we'll do well in the portal, we'll have the best QB in the east, we're already better than everyone in the east except GA, LSU is down, Pitt won't have Pickett and we should have beaten them anyway. I think big things happen next year.
100% and I’m not one to wish against opportunities, but the offense we’re marveling about is a fraction of the potential. Despite the assertions of Dillon Gabriel, there are countless nuances available and another season would allow Hooker to benefit from them. My technical memory isn’t sufficient but there was a particular play used against Bowling Green that was borderline brilliant that involved the TE. Hubbs all but promised that we would never see it in a game again this season but that it’s mere existence would force opposing DCs to prepare for it…that’s CHESS. We haven’t had benefit of that in my lifetime as a fan…the prowess. It’s part of what what made Spurrier so maddening as an opponent. He could dial up something in game that we had never scouted and may never see again and it WOULD WORK. I anticipated that we were going to level up X’s and O’s wise but not the breadth of it. Teams will have film on this offense next season but you can’t prepare for variations and improved proficiency from the QB. That overthrow or missed receiver would be a hit in stride and maybe a whole . point in scouting nerds evaluation algorithm. That equals dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back