Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pork butt is the best thing to cook for your first smoke. It’s very large, lots of fat and very forgiving.
You can use hickory and pecan chips for smoke ,being that electric smoker will not produce smoke will only cook like an oven, put mustard on the butt and your favorite bbq rub. Mustard is a binder to make seasoning stick. The fat cap on top is normally placed between heat and your food. Helps protect meat and not dry out. The degree of your smoker really determines how long you want to cook but normally 225* to 275* is what they are cooked at. Get some apple juice and spritz your meat every hour or so to help it not dry out while adding flavor. Get a meat probe once it hits 150-160 it’s called the stall wrap it from there till about 200* then with your probe start sticking the butt until it’s moves into food like butter.
+1 for pork butt

Reactions: Volsdeep4
A meat thermometer is a MUST. Heat-resistant gloves are a great item to put on your Christmas list. They aren't necessary, but make things much easier.

Smoked Cream Cheese.
You, sir, are an alchemist. Hail, hail.
The cream cheese is interesting smoked and it makes a nice appetizer cause it only takes about 2 hours. I did cinnamon and brown sugar on one block then used a spicy rub on the other and used some club crackers to dip.

drv - Pork butt, for all the reasons and methods already stated. I even do it on my Weber gas grill with a smoker box occasionally. Hard to mess it up if you follow the process and it will season your Pit Boss.

4 mil for a liberty coach? Wowwwww
Err'body can pay big money these days. the playing field is as even as it's ever been when it comes to resources in general. gone are the days of out bidding for coaches, or have the best facilities by wide margins or programs with better exposure etc. when liberty can pay a coach $4m a year to keep him from being poached by SEC programs that would have him....that's all you need to know. Programs are going to have to adjust their way of thinking when it comes to hiring, and more importantly, firing coaches. you can't just 'go get' a guy anymore. they're not lining up for your job. FL should know that. we definitely should know that. i think Texas, USCw and a few others are figuring that out as well. maybe that's why Michigan hasn't gone ahead and pulled the trigger on CJH, or why PSU just signed CJF to a 10 year extenstion?

throw in that Billy Napier is perfectly happy at UL adds more fuel to that notion.

coaching in college, in the SEC in particular, is a 24/7 job. and it's not for everybody.....and it's not worth the money anymore, if you can make the same elsewhere.

Please, feel free to post all the food pictures you want. Not just today, but tomorrow. Share the love.

Last year, I did a smoke-a-thon for Thanksgiving. Ribs, Pork, Turkey. It was dreamy.

SGLyr5RmY_UjbF4pwfhgoehKC48G8oZeergQ2BWx-wCYlAWlfGlUwP3M3QOC-J7zNZsq2paLdeS9AkcLgXpSw_H0M8EjDAuz8sT-ravRKbBrJf9P6ydjngSbDsNYuvZkGZ9dm-ArwJ6N4juUd-BnofSj31feo_WgE44W9txDN6tfRf8ATr4OQU4N5BMNQsli5ePy6g4_0K29BO-2pCZLYQSvIyHyVvcMBTTVzilCQ4chTyEQLWl_8VYNANxcIJtSIcpzlo4R6ku4Fke4LL1yo5SOXRHDt1DohcKFemawOSoySFdC7iCPZdsxkikHidLiHxf2iOmUVsxxgkS6Ff-DT89xovOawaBvBIIpPBAKV9U2IFkpmWLEFKN-mjPxa1yPmWfn0KiybUwwTbG9Qbsrm8AD6eQYGXnUX5ye6Q8ARUIsJ8B_UNwOzHCBss7kpHnhqhbt-D0IzgsnxNt9wFc16MtpbIgsw33rCdr3tsVcYPiGeZszJ861pGx6t8tCXMGAK7eClB6bxCsAG3l-gtekf7ppsixyRwJgUne7YyXoQJt64uFSUGJipdRHlWauKvXZo54D9pyNd1LCleEyhNHNrRxJGKEQczRx1tVGzlqlRNko3yLcyvFz2d9kmurXsjR8qCWpZwSRmXuRPRNJlu7m3k0-8dy5RAR02tA5Kk5rjB3HnvoDlmV6Ne_8gz8BML-qSCEe_uveWFbASSVPjR0=w670-h893-no

This is cool...I finally found somebody else that used an old Marlin lever action 35..

I loved that thing...just because I too am old fashioned and I grew up watching westerns with my granddaddy, and they are so fun to shoot.
Dropped every deer I ever shot at with one shot. Just a great, reliable, and accurate rifle. Not ideal for hunting wide open spaces with long shots, but perfect for the deep woods I hunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back