Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're on this car thing, my daughter gave me a voucher to drive a supercar down at various tracks around the country as a Christmas gift last year. Covid, and other issues has delayed me doing it. I think next spring is when I'll schedule it. Which car should I choose?

View attachment 406447
Make sure it’s not AWD is my only suggestion for you.

Am I missing something? I've never thought "Braves" was derogatory.

I mean Redskins I get...and I also get not using Native Americans as a mascot. But what's wrong with Braves?
Nothing. Brave is just a Native American warrior. It’s the same thing as the Vikings. But to these people, anything to describe a culture that’s not white is inherently racist unless that culture is the one using it.

I have a history degree. It hasn’t been useful for much, but it has been useful for my common sense. I’ve studied the Braves, the warrior ones.. it’s never been derogatory. Of course redskins is. But Indians is just a misnomer, and Brave is a warrior. Taking those names away is useless.

That’s the part I don’t understand…. Even as tight as info over there is…… looks like it would leak out….maybe there is another viable reason for it but I don’t know what it could be.

With it being a bye week maybe HB just traveling out of state or something (vacation maybe?).

I know when I was at TTU some of the out of state guys would clear out their lockers to take home with them. Usually for a week or two, then we'd have to basically give them new gear cause they "forgot" stuff... (eye roll)

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I have been reading about the transfers we had and how it effected this team.............in more ways than one it made it better. We lost some valuable players without a doubt but we also lost a lot of bad attitude in the process.

I've never went to a practice, don't know a player on the team or have a insider with info of the comings and goings of daily activity but I do watch and I see how this team plays and acts and it's just different. They seem to really care about the team and they seem to have bought in to the systems. I'm not sure that could have full happened as quick as it has if the baggage of some was still hanging around.
This 100%-----I really like this staff and I believe we're on the right path to greatness again.

Nothing. Brave is just a Native American warrior. It’s the same thing as the Vikings. But to these people, anything to describe a culture that’s not white is inherently racist unless that culture is the one using it.

I have a history degree. It hasn’t been useful for much, but it has been useful for my common sense. I’ve studied the Braves, the warrior ones.. it’s never been derogatory. Of course redskins is. But Indians is just a misnomer, and Brave is a warrior. Taking those names away is useless.

I can sort of see the justification behind removing Indians...since (you probably know better than me) it's a mislabeled misnomer anyway because Columbus thought he landed in India.

I think this is why most teams should pick animals or mythological creatures/beings. Or Nissan trucks :)

Reactions: #1GatorHater
I can sort of see the justification behind removing Indians...since (you probably know better than me) it's a mislabeled misnomer anyway because Columbus thought he landed in India.

I think this is why most teams should pick animals or mythological creatures/beings. Or Nissan trucks :)
You’re right. Columbus only called them that because it’s where he thought he was. But even that line of thinking is like if I got upset that someone thought I was Russian when I’m actually English- heritage wise.

I can understand chief wahoo’s being done away with. But the name itself is harmless

I've had great luck out of my fords. I've got an older 2004 f150 still going strong. Almost 200K. I use it as a work truck. We're ford people. I bought a Chevy cruze for my wife in 2012. It was the biggest POS I've every owned. Last Chevy I'll ever purchase. There's a lot of good quality cars and trucks out there.

That's why I'm not brand loyal. I believe every word of what you say but had the exact opposite experience with our work trucks.
Toyota had the least issues, Chevy next. The 2 Fords, Seems like we basically only used them to tow each other to the shop.

Year, engine and yes, which plant they're assembled, play a part. Found good and complete junk, in basically all.
Nephew even had a crap Camry, which is apparently rare.

I think whenever I buy a new truck (it will be brand new for one, used prices are just dumb). It'll be one of these.

Mainly cause I want good gas mileage and don't really want full sized.

Colorado/Canyon, Frontier, Ridgeline or Tacoma

Really got it narrowed down don't I? Not a fan of the Rangers or Dakotas/Jeeps so that's where I'm at. Will just see what's got the best MSRP/Interest rate at the time of purchase to snag one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back