Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting around to watching the game. It's Corral all over again. It's like our defenders don't understand the concept of containment. They keep wanting to run diagonally against a much faster human and go right for the tackle asap. Run horizontally and keep the QB inside. I don't get why these guys think they can run right at the QB at an angle. The odds are very much against you.

So assuming we win out with the exception of UGA, KY would be CJH signature win this year?

Got to be honest, I’m good with it and KY is no gimme game. It’s just where we are and I feel like it would turn some heads.
Pruitt Y1 had Auburn...KY...and went 5-7 and lost (got blown out) to freakin Vandy. If UK is the signature win...ok...but I really don't need one at all. I need to see consistently tough play and games, with some positive or even neutral variance, we can overcome in the future. I've seen that so far. I have yet to see this team bend the knee whatsoever and no game so far was unwinnable going into the 4th quarter.

Pruitt Y1 had Auburn...KY...and went 5-7 and lost (got blown out) to freakin Vandy. If UK is the signature win...ok...but I really don't need one at all. I need to see consistently tough play and games, with some positive or even neutral variance, we can overcome in the future. I've seen that so far. I have yet to see this team bend the knee whatsoever and no game so far was unwinnable going into the 4th quarter.
1635290892142.gif

If there's been one consistent disconnect when it comes to our defense it's how we've struggled to convert TFLs into punts. TFLs are nice, but unless it is on 3rd down, it's still just a helping hand toward stopping the offensive drive. In theory it should make 3rd downs longer, on average, and mean more 3rd down stops. For whatever reason, this hasn't happened, so many of our TFLs are basically wasted. I'm hoping Martinez can lean on his old days with Jancek (or we just straight up take Jancek from UGA...) or whatever needs to happen to fix this next year. We're probably 6-2 right now with even an average 3rd down defense.

Either way, it should be a great predictive measure in the future (as seen below)...unless we just have some fundamental flaw in 3rd down defense. I mean, shoot, maybe it's just negative variance for all we know. Facing 3 of the top Heisman candidates in 8 games doesn't help either.

The other 9 of the top 10 TFL defenses and their 3rd down% ranking:

San Diego St - 2nd
Okie St - 10th
UTEP - 13th
Troy - 17th
Liberty - 20th
Marshall - 33rd
Fresno St - 41st
WVU - 46th
Auburn - 62nd
UT - 119th
I think it's more on our ends and linebackers than our DBs. We are unable to contain the QB while putting pressure on obvious passing downs. Young is the only one quick enough on the line to stop mobile QBs as the game goes on and he wasn't in the Pitt game. Pitt, Alabama, and Ole Miss is why we are so bad in that stat and of course those are the Heisman frontrunners.

I hike a lot and I'm 10x more afraid of bull elk or bucks than I am of bears.
Moose concern me just as much as Elk cows with newborns and bull Elk during rut.

I've never been afraid of Black bears other than to show them the proper respect and watch out for females with cubs, but I freely admit that the presence of Grizzly bears freak me out when I am in their territory. I am also extremely careful and observant when hiking in Mountain Lion country.

I skip 15 or 20 when it looks like the conversation is going south

I have done that and then find out that I skipped a post of someone that needs help, prayers, etc. Then I feel bad. I scroll through any side conversation that doesn’t pertain to me…I also have a very healthy troll list that I have put on Ignore. Cuts through a lot of BS. But it’s really funny reading some of the responses to trolls from only one side of the conversation. 🤠

I have done that and then find out that I skipped a post of someone that needs help, prayers, etc. Then I feel bad. I scroll through any side conversation that doesn’t pertain to me…I also have a very healthy troll list that I have put on Ignore. Cuts through a lot of BS. But it’s really funny reading some of the responses to trolls from only one side of the conversation. 🤠
I see that a bunch too. I don't know how many I have on ignore but it's pretty substantial. By the same token, I'm sure I'm on a bunch of ignore lists too :):). I just don't have the patience for negativity regarding the Vols.

Q4...Down by 7...Bama with the ball..."3rd and 15 gotta stop em here" and we give up a huge play. Major backbreaker. But that was with about 10 minutes left in the game.

I got absolute chills watching Q3 and up until that point. This team is so freakin tough and fun.

Just stop a few QB runs and we can play with ANYONE. Luckily UGA has none of that. GBO

I wonder if Ramel leaves as well? I literally just remembered him because they went to the same HS. He hasn’t played at all. Would also free up a spot.
He has played, sparingly. We don’t need more players to leave. We have enough open spot problems as is…. Just sayin’….

Moose concern me just as much as Elk cows with newborns and bull Elk during rut.

I've never been afraid of Black bears other than to show them the proper respect and watch out for females with cubs, but I freely admit that the presence of Grizzly bears freak me out when I am in their territory. I am also extremely careful and observant when hiking in Mountain Lion country.
Yeah, I was referring to black bears. I would probably freak out with a grizzly in the wild. I would want no part of a moose either. Their rack can be up to 4ft tall by itself, that's intimidating.

Q4...Down by 7...Bama with the ball..."3rd and 15 gotta stop em here" and we give up a huge play. Major backbreaker. But that was with about 10 minutes left in the game.

I got absolute chills watching Q3 and up until that point. This team is so freakin tough and fun.

Just stop a few QB runs and we can play with ANYONE. Luckily UGA has none of that. GBO
Are you ok?

Yeah, I was referring to black bears. I would probably freak out with a grizzly in the wild. I would want no part of a moose either. Their rack can be up to 4ft tall by itself, that's intimidating.

Big racks can be intimidating. Also hard to look away when you encounter one…😳

Steer clear of moose, mountain lions and grizzlies too by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back