Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
New nugs: thinks Cade Mays will probably be ready by Kentucky but it is early….. Thinks Harrison Bailey is transferring….. didn’t work out with the team and came to pick up his stuff at the facility.
Harrison is not going to take Hooker's job--but running quarterbacks can be easily hurt and Milton is not good.

New nugs: thinks Cade Mays will probably be ready by Kentucky but it is early….. Thinks Harrison Bailey is transferring….. didn’t work out with the team and came to pick up his stuff at the facility.

I wonder if Harrison ends up somewhere like Auburn. Bobo is the OC there and with his GA connections on QBs I could see that being his landing spot. If I were him though I’d go outside of the SEC into a conference with slower defenders off the edge.

Honestly, Bailey needs a fresh start at a school he can start for.

Harrison is not going to take Hooker's job--but running quarterbacks can be easily hurt and Milton is not good.
Might be the issue…. He is still behind Milton on the depth chart but who knows…..it hasn’t been officially reported…. He just wasn’t practicing like usual and came to pick up his stuff.

Reactions: berryvol and bpvol
Might be the issue…. He is still behind Milton on the depth chart but who knows…..it hasn’t been officially reported…. He just wasn’t practicing like usual and came to pick up his stuff.
That's a pretty good sign. Next sign is his name in the portal

Not surprised at all. Miss St at home is a tough play. They are underrated squad with a solid enough offense and defense to win this game. KY is like Iowa. Overrated and had some dominoes fall their way. KY almost lost to Mizzu and South Carolina. They got lucky to play Florida at home after they had to play Bama/TN back to back weeks. Played an LSU team that had tanked. I hope Leach runs a lot of plays on them to get some wear and tear on those legs for the next week. Bye week may help Ky but I agree with it being a pickem.
Good point.

I hope MSU waxes them and leaves them in shambles and we completely destroy them in back to back L's!!!

Hate to see Bailey leave it this is true, BUT in my opinion this Offense is much more explosive with a mobile QB. Off Season QB transfer portal will be huge to find someone willing to wait his turn behind Hooker for 1 more year and to allow the Jackson kid time to develop. Work on a Coaching staff now that is 100% Bama fans and their reaction this morning was Holy Crap, didn't expect UT to be this far along.

I don’t see it that way. Outside WR is running a clear to protect what should’ve been a speed out. That looks like what Hooker was expecting.
Genuine question....you think the Bama player ran the wrong coverage and lucked into an interception? That would not be out of the realm of possibility given the struggles they had on Saturday, but it would also be our luck LOL

Or did the WR run the wrong route?

I don’t see it that way. Outside WR is running a clear to protect what should’ve been a speed out. That looks like what Hooker was expecting.
It didn't happen though. Mistakes happen Hooker was doing everything he could to lead his team to victory. Learn from it and get better. All my opinion of course

Genuine question....you think the Bama player ran the wrong coverage and lucked into an interception? That would not be out of the realm of possibility given the struggles they had on Saturday, but it would also be our luck LOL

Or did the WR run the wrong route?
I think the WR ran the wrong route. It’s 3rd and 4 and it looks like they are running a stick concept.

Teams only have a few ways to play stacks and bunches. Looks like bama is sorting them (taking them m2m how they come out), one WR runs a vertical clear to open up the out which Hooker threw right at the sticks where it would’ve been designed.

It didn't happen though. Mistakes happen Hooker was doing everything he could to lead his team to victory. Learn from it and get better. All my opinion of course
Absolutely. Doesn’t matter really, was just sharing that imo it looked like the WR ran the wrong route based on the distribution of the others.

Hate to see Bailey leave it this is true, BUT in my opinion this Offense is much more explosive with a mobile QB. Off Season QB transfer portal will be huge to find someone willing to wait his turn behind Hooker for 1 more year and to allow the Jackson kid time to develop. Work on a Coaching staff now that is 100% Bama fans and their reaction this morning was Holy Crap, didn't expect UT to be this far along.

I've spoken to several people, who have said that the coaching is there, and we just need more players. A couple are Bama fans. One is a former Memphis football player, whose daughter now goes to UT.

Plus We actually have better skill position players than Clemson.
The emergence of Evans has added to a better than expected corp of skill players IMO.

It would be interesting to see what the stats would look like if Hooker and a shorter rotation of WRs played earlier.

Milton is gone at year end too. Which is why it is critical to get two QBs this year.

I wonder if Harrison ends up somewhere like Auburn. Bobo is the OC there and with his GA connections on QBs I could see that being his landing spot. If I were him though I’d go outside of the SEC into a conference with slower defenders off the edge.
Wasn't Michigan one of his top choices?

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back