Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three jobs and an online course with a deadline are nailing me to the wall. I take brief moments to post when I can.

I’ve actually just opened VN on my desktop now to do it though because I’m an idiot and don’t want to focus on what’s actually necessary

I get it, but you’ve conditioned us, so you brought this on yourself.

Sooo….keep it up. We appreciate it. And I anticipate it will be really bad for you if you let real life responsibilities interfere with what this crowd wants.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Not because of his talent. Because of his personality/attitude/character. Unless he has humbled from that video above - he's not the type of player Heupel has been building this team around.

Goes back to what Theo said just recently about the difference between Pruitt's style and Heupel's style and why that's allowed them to be brothers and play to their best ability basically. Rattler is an energy vampire.

1634874430749.gif

I don't care how many SEC schools hire $10M a year coaches to come in and win the biggest conference in the country. I honestly believe that ... somehow... we lucked up and got a guy that can eventually... take his team and whip their asses. Seeing what Heup has done with this team gets me excited to see what he can do in a few years. Neyland looked liked I have never seen it Saturday. I was a student in 1990. This fan base is ready, and this team is ready to show what UT is capable of. I've had a few Tito's , and lost a few bucks playing poker, but GBO

The doctor recommend that she get her tubes tied during the second and I said that’s a great idea. But she said she wasn’t sure if she was done after two and if we decided to stop that I could just get snipped. Now she says she definitely doesn’t want anymore kids. But I never bring it up anymore because the one time that I did she gave me a lot of grief. “I had two surgeries for our kids and you are worried about a little prick to your balls.” I replied you are damn right I am. We both laughed but I wasn’t kidding.
Should have told her you weren't sure you were done yet....

Conspiracy theorist😂 Atlanta will close it out in Atlanta…Muncy is hurt.Justin turner is in a slump.Bullpen is out of wack and the Giants Series really just wore us out..that was a hard fought series…on top of us having to play in a dumb wild card game…all the above are valid points…don’t @ me. @Rishvol

@Weezer ☺️❤️
Braves need to take Game 6 and close it out. I don't like our chances if the Dodgers force a Game 7.

Are you glad to have Jeremy Banks on the team? Cade Mays?
One size don’t fit all. Was you glad to not have jalen Hurd on the team?
Never heard Mays or Banks having problem with teammates, other issues made headlines yes, but keep hearing rattler only cares about rattler and I’ve seen the video of him treating his HS teammate like 💩

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
One size don’t fit all. Was you glad to not have jalen Hurd on the team?
Never heard Mays or Banks having problem with teammates, other issues made headlines yes, but keep hearing rattler only cares about rattler and I’ve seen the video of him treating his HS teammate like 💩
You think Spencer Rattler is the only high school QB that has told a WR he sucks? You seriously think he is the only high school All American QB that has ever been a douche? Im sure Lincoln Riley saw the same video, and heard way more stories than you or anyone else here, if such stories were actually told. But, then again, maybe Riley didn't hear the stories that Rattler "only cares about Rattler"; somehow he never caught wind of that type of attitude, yet GVol1966 has. 🤔

You're right, one size don't fit all...I would never hold it against the next guy who is handcuffed in the back of a patrol car, talking about killing cops, and embarrassing the entire hell out of all of us, all because Jeremy Banks felt like being a dipsh!t...also, was that the same night he was filmed harassing females? And, Cade Mays is legendary for being a prick in high school...several stories on this board from people who watched him play...he even carried it to UGA, being a prick there. No, not stories of being bad to teammates; but, cancerous stories nonetheless. Dont get it twisted, however...I'm happy as hell both of them saw the error of their ways, and are ballers for the Vols...I love them, and wish them the best, and proud of them.

My point is: you're right, we don't need cancers in the locker room; and, Rattler may be a massive cancer....therefore, we don't want him anywhere near our locker room. Yet, his talent is so, that it, at least, considers a thought to look into him. Sometimes a change in scenery, being around different coaches and dudes, atmosphere, philosophy, is what it takes to balance someone.

Also, another way to look at it: I asked David Weathers one time who the biggest a**hole in MLB was, and without hesitation, "Barry Bonds". Bonds, as EVERYONE knows, was notorious for being a prick, a bad teammate, and selfish; and, ANYONE who knows anything, would've given their first born child for him to be on their team.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theorist😂 Atlanta will close it out in Atlanta…Muncy is hurt.Justin turner is in a slump.Bullpen is out of wack and the Giants Series really just wore us out..that was a hard fought series…on top of us having to play in a dumb wild card game…all the above are valid points…don’t @ me. @Rishvol

@Weezer ☺️❤️
We have a punchers chance now with Scherzer and Beuhler back to back with decent rest…… Both have been dealing with a little bit of a dead arm with how much they have been used but hopefully they both one more in them…. Justin Turner has been dealing with a neck injury…. I wish having the day off would get him back but they are saying he is done for the postseason. We also need pollocks body to hold up….. we are a much better team right now with him in the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
Damn that sounds familiar 🤔
Hot take: JG was our best QB available and stats show that he was….. you cannot play a true freshman without any practice at all….The other two although they had their moments proved to be as bad or worse than JG….. I think that all goes back to our Chris wrinkle who proved he was bad at his job more than once.

Hot take: JG was our best QB available and stats show that he was….. you cannot play a true freshman without any practice at all….The other two although they had their moments proved to be as bad or worse than JG….. I think that all goes back to our Chris wrinkle who proved he was bad at his job more than once.
What have you done? You know @Bassmaster_Vol worshipped Weinke and was hoping he was head coach in waiting. You have doomed us to at least a week of a Bass/Weinke lovefest.

Just stop. You’re a entertaining kid, and believe it or not, I’ve always rooted for you outside of your posts concerning football. You get one every once in awhile, but just know when to reel in the line and call it a day.
I don't think it's too far off to say we're cursed in football.

"How to never win a comeback 101"

Could you imagine 2016 UT doing that against Florida down 24-3 at the half? What the literal heck??
Completely different scenario. The 2016 team was favored and ranked top 10. They should've never been down in the first place. This team is a huge dog, and a patched together mash unit.

Im not going to say dont try, but when it gets out of hand get the starters out quickly
Don’t treat Bama differently than you would any other team…. You want to change the culture in that locker room then you can’t act scared of an opponent…. We are going in there to win.

Last edited:
We have a punchers chance now with Scherzer and Beuhler back to back with decent rest…… Both have been dealing with a little bit of a dead arm with how much they have been used but hopefully they both one more in them…. Justin Turner has been dealing with a neck injury…. I wish having the day off would get him back but they are saying he is done for the postseason. We also need pollocks body to hold up….. we are a much better team right now with him in the lineup.
Turner is done. When he pulled up in game 4 they said it was a grade 2 hamstring strain (I think that’s what they said). They’re saying even if we were to win this series JT wouldn’t be in the WS roster.

I agree about Scherzer and Beuhler…both have had a week of rest, hopefully that put enough back in the tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: volbeast33
Why in the world would you not want Rattler and Hooker. Dream QB scenario for next year and Jackson gets to redshirt. Bailey and Milton likely gone.

Watch the video someone posted, i had heard Pat McAfee say after TX game that apparently his teammates hate him like they did in HS. I wasn’t sure how true that was but that video says it all. Cocky azz that blames others and thinks that is leading. No wonder the team got way better when Caleb took over

@Weezer ☺️❤️
Not worried. We pitched some guys who we rarely ever pitch after Fried. Snit was resting the pitchers to close it out in atlanta once Fried didn’t pitch well.

There were stats thrown around to support JG for 3 years and folks argued about it constantly. Anyone who watched him play on gameday could see that he just didn’t pass the live action eye test. It’s really surprising that we couldn’t find a suitable replacement in all that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back