Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We win last Saturday if Tillman jumps more than 3" off the ground on that second to last play.
We win last Saturday if Lane doesn't have his guys fake a ton of injuries thus killing the advantage of tempo. TN had 2 back to back good drives before the injury garbage started in abundance. And was driving for a third.

I love my TCL..it looks pretty dang good, it works well with the built in Roku, and best of all..it was really cheap, so if someone breaks in and steals it like they did my expensive 5 month old Samsung, it won't won't hurt very much...it will not take much to replace it.
Yeah I have bought a few cheap TVs like a hi sense and really can’t tell much of a difference between it and the really expensive TVs that I have bought.

We win last Saturday if we had Cade and Evans. You'll never convince me otherwise. Davis single handily costed us multiple possessions. That OL we were forced to play changed play calling as well.
Injuries are inevitable..I said that when making my prediction before the season...I was wrong though, I said we would be lucky to go 4-8 with significant injury problems...instead we are headed for 6-6 with two massive blowouts of SEC east rivals and being more than just "competitive" in our losses.

That is all I needed to prove to me that Heupel and staff are up to rebuilding this program.

I said 4-8 or 5-7 before the season and it's going to take a serious screwup not to get 6-6, so while I tried to mentally prepare myself by saying anything else was gravy, I still hate that we were just fingertips from winning a game against a top 15 team where we really were not at our best. Argh, it would have been such a great moment.
we will run tiyon to south alabama and Vandy to a Bowl Game. to come back from what I saw last year. Please rememer how bad we bace been against mwdiocre or even ranked team.

I said 4-8 or 5-7 before the season and it's going to take a serious screwup not to get 6-6, so while I tried to mentally prepare myself by saying anything else was gravy, I still hate that we were just fingertips from winning a game against a top 15 team where we really were not at our best. Argh, it would have been such a great moment.

Brother, here are my quotes showing all I asked, leading up to this game.
Trust me, I suck at predicting what will happen in sports. When even I feel it coming, it's sickening.

Need Evans to play, regardless of outcome.
Anything but another coulda/woulda/shoulda big time game due to 1 bad ____ . Already been thinking about the Oklahoma game, all week. If Evans missed and we lost by like 1 score, I'd be sick.

Better yet, how about we stop being the *almost an upsest, kings and start a new tradition. How about winning these games when they're right there for the taking!

It's frustrating. I'm ok losing to a better team but man, I hope we don't beat ourselves - (with help from the refs).
That's the stuff I hate to see.

You could make an entire 30 for 30 episode solely on the number of times the refs decided the outcome of TN games.

Of course my TV wouldn't make thru in 1 piece. It be cracked by the FL no catch. Lose color during Kiffin/Vandy and completely destroyed during the 2019 Bama - roughing the passer/"TN was gonna catch the tide off guard, so I blew the whistle" game.

😖

Yeah I have bought a few cheap TVs like a hi sense and really can’t tell much of a difference between it and the really expensive TVs that I have bought.
I can tell a difference between my TCL and my Samsung...but it sure as heck ain't a thousand dollar difference. I have bad eyesight anyway..lol..😁

I think they should do promotion/relegation for officials. You grade out badly, you get sent to to G5 games. Keep screwing up? Go down to FCS. And so on in that manner until you grade out better.

It’s really a travesty that officiating is handled by the conferences.

Agreed the profession as a whole should be a tier system or unionized maybe.

NFL = highest paid but the best of the best
NCAA: P5 next highest, G5 a step down, FCS another step down, and so on

You want to make the most money you work your tail off and try to be great at it and then you get that sweet NFL gig. But leaving the door open to relegate NFL officials who suck back down to college (to work more games for less pay) would be a good incentive to keep them sharp.

I'd also make the rules uniform from college to the NFL cause why is the same sport played differently?

Jennings 100% brings that ball down Tillman missed. Tillman has played great so I'm not going to tear him down for it, but dang man, it was right there.
Maybe but, the ball was also tipped ever so lightly right as it got there. That could have had something to do with it. I would have loved to have that TD but we wouldn’t have needed it if we weren’t screwed on the scoop and score or if we hadn’t missed a Field goal earlier.

Agreed the profession as a whole should be a tier system or unionized maybe.

NFL = highest paid but the best of the best
NCAA: P5 next highest, G5 a step down, FCS another step down, and so on

You want to make the most money you work your tail off and try to be great at it and then you get that sweet NFL gig. But leaving the door open to relegate NFL officials who suck back down to college (to work more games for less pay) would be a good incentive to keep them sharp.

I'd also make the rules uniform from college to the NFL cause why is the same sport played differently?

It’s a different topic, but I would be in favor of the NFL’s running clock and 2 minute warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back