Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all the complaint worthy problems, why in the world would UT leave the ultimate group of college football competitors? You cannot find an better place to build a team that can compete for championships. I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC had 3-4 teams in the college playoffs when they expand...
That is the exact problem! How are we ever going to compete for championships, when we continue to get screwed in every big game that we play? Do you really think the same officials are going to let us beat Alabama or Georgia if it means keeping that team undefeated or with one loss with a chance to get to the playoffs? Never!

Fine then, rally other schools that will hit them where it hurts and go form a new conference. Get Auburn, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and some other big schools. I’m sure there are plenty of schools in the SEC who are like us and are sick and tired of being screwed over with other schools being given preference. I would venture to guess that you could probably persuade one of Texas or Oklahoma to join instead of joining the SEC.

You are out of your mind

One reason I'm glad DW & UT got out ahead of the fans trash situation. The media won't keep harping on us for that and will direct attention where it should.

Cause if you keep talking about the trash throwing after the AD/university/SEC have commented and determined a punishment then you're just beating a dead horse. Now the question of "what lead to that" is being asked and I hope more media folk keep that pressure up.

Fine then, rally other schools that will hit them where it hurts and go form a new conference. Get Auburn, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and some other big schools. I’m sure there are plenty of schools in the SEC who are like us and are sick and tired of being screwed over with other schools being given preference. I would venture to guess that you could probably persuade one of Texas or Oklahoma to join instead of joining the SEC.
0303d379-3aa9-4290-9732-e58909557873_text.gif

Money trumps all, no doubt. It does create a dilemma though. It's hard to see how Tennessee will ever be in contention for championships when the conference is intent on keeping you down. There is no doubt in my mind that the conference favors certain teams and intentionally tries to hold down others. It happens in all aspects of the system. Recruiting violations have different standards, events like Saturday are handled differently, obviously officiating favors certain teams. It's ludicrous to think we'd ever leave this cash cow but I guess because of the cash, we just have to accept the screwing we get.

Used to the fans that filled Neyland stadium wielded a big stick. Ungodly amounts of TV money have neutered the fans.

Yep.
I won't say as *fact if it's corruption or just biased refs with no accountability. But despite some suggesting otherwise, it happens. And not just fan bias either.
We had plenty of other SEC fans defending us on Twitter because they know how it feels.

I'm damn sure not a fan of KY or SC, as examples, but I see them get the treatment when playing certain teams, same as they see it with us.
Don't know if it will ever change but if there's any chance, it'll be with multiple fan bases calling attention, together. Sometimes even rivals.
As is, they count on all fans to just appear as disgruntled losers blaming refs. They lose that advantage when opposing fans join in making the squeaky wheel louder.

Real talk if ya want to just buy one TV probably the last big purchase I'd say look at the LG OLEDs.

But they are pricey, picture is unmatched though. My only gripe is the smallest size they offer is like 50" (I want one for an office/bedroom TV)

After my recent vacation though I'm pretty impressed with Onn & TCL TVs and the built in Roku is a huge selling point. I like the "one remote to do it all" especially in a bedroom where ya want limited cords/boxes sitting everywhere.
I love my TCL..it looks pretty dang good, it works well with the built in Roku, and best of all..it was really cheap, so if someone breaks in and steals it like they did my expensive 5 month old Samsung, it won't won't hurt very much...it will not take much to replace it.

Ultimately it's a lack of accountability. That's the core issue with officiating at all levels, and it's a high stress career but also the pay is pretty good. But it's like any job if you don't hold people accountable then they'll continue to do what they do. If the mistake is incompetence, intentional, or something else there has to be some sort of accountability.

I mean if the players are fined or suspended why can't the officials?

If Tillman had came down with that catch and we won the game, I can just about imagine what would have happened. Fans would have rushed the field. Probably half a mil fine which I don’t care about. Also media would blame the ole Miss loss on the trash delay and Lane would fake a concussion from the golf ball.

We win last Saturday if we had Cade and Evans. You'll never convince me otherwise. Davis single handily costed us multiple possessions. That OL we were forced to play changed play calling as well.

We win last Saturday if Tillman jumps more than 3" off the ground on that second to last play.

Ultimately it's a lack of accountability. That's the core issue with officiating at all levels, and it's a high stress career but also the pay is pretty good. But it's like any job if you don't hold people accountable then they'll continue to do what they do. If the mistake is incompetence, intentional, or something else there has to be some sort of accountability.

I mean if the players are fined or suspended why can't the officials?

I think they should do promotion/relegation for officials. You grade out badly, you get sent to to G5 games. Keep screwing up? Go down to FCS. And so on in that manner until you grade out better.

It’s really a travesty that officiating is handled by the conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back